Sign in to follow this  
CLE_AA-5B_GrummanTiger

Top Rudder Solo 103 vs Nemeth Aerolite 103

Got my G2 the other day but won't be playing with it on a regular basis after Christmas (due to it being from Santa and have to keep up with the narrative for the kids, that was my own dumb mistake). Did test it to make sure it works, and it's OK, although there's a lot of learning I have to do to get it work in MSFS.

In the meantime, however, I'm trying to decide which ultralight to buy as I understand that it's mind-blowing in VR. I'm dreaming of flying an ultralight in the modded Monument Valley at sunrise or sunset and admiring those monoliths surrounding me. The Aerolite is currently on sale (just a shade over $10) whereas the Top Rudder is not, but still only $10 at full price. So, the price difference is practically negligible, but I'd like one that offers stupendous views in VR and is gentle to fly (weather permitting, obviously!).

Anyone who can recommend one over the other? TIA!

I have not tested Aerolite after the latest update, but I afraid, that you have still use ZERO weight for the pilot. Otherwise the plane will be very nose heavy. That fatal bug have been there from the begining.

Before you buy either, I would have a good look at the VGP Powersolo.  Currently €12 and the best ultralight available IMHO. The VGP gets constant love and updates from it’s creator.

5950X, RTX3090, 32GB@3600, Samsung Evo NVME 1TB, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswinds, Reverb G2.

14 hours ago, Bilbosmeggins said:

Before you buy either, I would have a good look at the VGP Powersolo.  Currently €12 and the best ultralight available IMHO. The VGP gets constant love and updates from it’s creator.

Wow, another ultralight! And one I didn't know existed! Thanks for this, it looks good...

Where do I find it to buy it, though?

(Noting that all ultralights apparently have '103' in their name, I assume that's some kind of aircraft classification?)

NOTE: I think I found it: https://secure.simmarket.com/v.g.p.-powersolo-msfs.phtml

Edited by CLE_AA-5B_GrummanTiger
found product page

Yes, Simmarket. That’s the one. I don’t know what the significance of the number 103 is. Not a clue without a Google session.  But I can attest to it being absolutely superb in VR. Low and slow over somewhere beautiful cannot be beaten.

5950X, RTX3090, 32GB@3600, Samsung Evo NVME 1TB, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswinds, Reverb G2.

Oh, he’s also included floats if you want to take off and land on water. Actually, the floats retract a little to uncover wheels, so you can mix and match with the land/water landings.

6 hours ago, Bilbosmeggins said:

Oh, he’s also included floats if you want to take off and land on water. Actually, the floats retract a little to uncover wheels, so you can mix and match with the land/water landings.

That might be the seller right there. I don't recall either the Aerolite or Top Rudder having floats.

• Upvote 1

BTW, FAA Part 103 (1984) defines the Ultralight Vehicle

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2