Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phantoms

Confused over FS9 AFCADS in FSX and FS9 Scenery and other related questions

I understand that fs9 afcads can mess up default airports. They can eliminate jetways and various items not to mention that they probably wouldn't line up anyway. In addition, I thought I read that if you install the AFCAD2 bgl it will permanently overwrite the FSX parking information. 1. Can I use FS9 AFCADS with FS9 scenery in FSX and revert back to the default scenery if it looks like the add on scenery doesn't work well? I would like to try some of my old scenery in FSX but I don't want to permanently destroy FSX.2. I also understand that some FSX AFCADS are good some should not be used. I know Jim Vile's work is truly FSX compatible. Are there other authors that make parking files that are truly FSX compatible?3. I have read that the new Fly Tampa scenery will work fine in FSX with some minor autogen issues. Can anyone verify that that is true?I am just dying to get some add on scenery in to FSX and although I know that stuff will be released eventually, I am a very impatient person.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

>In addition, I>thought I read that if you install the AFCAD2 bgl it will>permanently overwrite the FSX parking information. >That is not true. Simply de-activate your AFCAD in FSX, and your parking at that airport will go right back to FSX default.>1. Can I use FS9 AFCADS with FS9 scenery in FSX and revert>back to the default scenery if it looks like the add on>scenery doesn't work well? Yes.>2. I also understand that some FSX AFCADS are good some should>not be used. That's not really correct.If the author made it properly, an afcad (the better term is 'scenery') made for FSX will work 100% in FSX.>I know Jim Vile's work is truly FSX compatible.>Are there other authors that make parking files that are truly>FSX compatible?>Mine is. Search for my name or the filename fsx_kstl_v1.zip in the AVSIM library. Jim's are. I think Ray Smith's are.If you see files in the FSX Scenery/FSX Afcad area, then you can bet they work with FSX.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest abulaafia

Using older AFCADS in FSX is very much trial and error. I use some that work, many don't. Even the new FSX AFCADS have a few problems, usually with size of parking bays and jetways. It will take a few years before lots of good FSX afcads are available. Ray Smith's work is very precise. ==Marten:Weber==P-D920 3.3MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250 2xVIEWSONIC 19"author of http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?FileName=bbgrfs.zipscreens on http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r45/abulaafia/

Ok, so at least I can give them a shot. I just remember a stickey at PAI titled something like "Why fs9 afcads will not work in FSX." Since the old posts in the forum are gone I can't reference it now.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Guest Phantoms

>Ok, so at least I can give them a shot. I just remember a>stickey at PAI titled something like "Why fs9 afcads will not>work in FSX." Since the old posts in the forum are gone I>can't reference it now.The old posts are not gone, just moved to the forums with different names. Most of the old PAI FSX forums postings can be found in FSX/ProjectAI Assistance (http://www.projectai.com/forums/index.php?showforum=302).