Sign in to follow this  
RobSys

Thrustmaster TPR rudder Issue

G'Day all...!

I've just done a clean install of Windows 11 and a completely new install of MSFS 2020.

I've just spent many hours re-configuring my Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo equipment and am now baffled with the Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals.

It appears that the brakes are 50% on all of the time. Looking at the brakes setup in MSFS controls configuration panel, the movement appears to be only between +50 to +100

In aircraft at standstill, I need to apply full thrust just to get the aircraft moving!

Any thoughts/advice on this?

Thanks,

Rob

---------------------------------------------

System: Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master, i9-11900KF, EK Supreme water cooling, 32GB G Skill Ripjaws V F4-4000C 16D-32GVK DDR4, Asus GTX 3070, Gigabyte M34WQ + Asus MX27AQ monitors, WD SN850 1 TB M2 drive, Intel 750 Nvme 480 GB, Samsung 1 TB SSD, 3 TB + 4 TB HDD's, Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo, Thrustmaster TPR Pendulum Rudder, Saitek Radio panel..

Hi Rob,

Have you installed the firmware and checked the axis in the Thrustmaster Control Panel? After doing that enter USB controllers in the search bar then highlight the TPR and select properties and run it through its axis. Hopefully that resolves the issue.

\Robert Hamlich/

12 hours ago, HUSSAR said:

Hi Rob,

Have you installed the firmware and checked the axis in the Thrustmaster Control Panel? After doing that enter USB controllers in the search bar then highlight the TPR and select properties and run it through its axis. Hopefully that resolves the issue.

Already done... I've also used Thrustmaster's TPR Calibration Tool... In there, the brake travel is 0 to 100%

In the control panel that the brakes graphics move only from half way on the X and Y axes to the max.

Is that normal?

System: Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master, i9-11900KF, EK Supreme water cooling, 32GB G Skill Ripjaws V F4-4000C 16D-32GVK DDR4, Asus GTX 3070, Gigabyte M34WQ + Asus MX27AQ monitors, WD SN850 1 TB M2 drive, Intel 750 Nvme 480 GB, Samsung 1 TB SSD, 3 TB + 4 TB HDD's, Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo, Thrustmaster TPR Pendulum Rudder, Saitek Radio panel..

21 hours ago, RobSys said:

It appears that the brakes are 50% on all of the time. Looking at the brakes setup in MSFS controls configuration panel, the movement appears to be only between +50 to +100

Any thoughts/advice on this?

Thanks,

Rob

Check the sensitivity of the joystick (break petal) movement in the MSFS Controls, in the T-Pendular-Rudder tab. You should have them assigned to "Right Brake AXIS" and Left Brake AXIS", then click on the Sensitivity tab near the top right. 

The graph line should be a straight line from bottom left to the top right. If not, try the "Reset Tab" on the bottom

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

Also remove any windows calibration for the device. Win10 calibration can really mess up brake axis.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

23 hours ago, rickjake said:

Check the sensitivity of the joystick (break petal) movement in the MSFS Controls, in the T-Pendular-Rudder tab. You should have them assigned to "Right Brake AXIS" and Left Brake AXIS", then click on the Sensitivity tab near the top right. 

The graph line should be a straight line from bottom left to the top right. If not, try the "Reset Tab" on the bottom

Checked all of the above (yet again...:)).

Brake axes properly assigned. Brake action in controls assignment window shows only 0 to 50% movement.

Checked and reset the sensitivity, and again only 0 to 50% movement (i.e from centre to bottom left)

I'm really at a loss...

Rob

On 11/29/2021 at 3:44 PM, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Also remove any windows calibration for the device. Win10 calibration can really mess up brake axis.

At the moment I have the Thrustmater control panel for Windows calibration. Windows calibration appears to be by-passed. It shows the same issue of only 50% travel for the brake axes whereas the rudder component shows full 100% travel...

Rob

G'Day people...

It looks like I've solved the problem with the help of the guys at the Microsoft MSFS forum!

I deleted the Thrustmaster drivers and reset the Microsoft Windows calibration.

That's it! I now get full travel representation inside MSFS...

It looks like the Windows calibration tool is incompatible with the MSFS controls configuration system - at least as far as the Thrustmaster TPR is concerned...

I can now start playing with the sensitivities...

Yet another fine example of Microsoft internal coordination of systems.

Thanks for all the replies though guys...

Rob