Sign in to follow this  
ABE

Now that the real mccoys are coming in...........

The new repaints are starting to come in. Welcome to the REAL WORLD of American Airlines, Lufthansa, British Airways, Air France, etc....Now the dilemma....maybe. What is the best and fastest way to get rid of the extra baggage of Orbit, Global, Pacifica, Unmarked, etc.....cleanly??And also, what is the best way to rebuild the traffic files by substituting the new repaints for the built-in ones?Appreciate any thoughts and help.ThanksAbe

The "best" way? I don't know what the "best" way is, but the "easiest" way would be World of AI or Project AI packages, or one of the payware AI packages.So far in FSX I make my own AI but that's just me.If you want to get rid of Pacifica, Orbit, etc., simply rename FSXsceneryworldscenerytrafficAircraft.bgl to trafficAircraft.stock and voila no more Pacifica, etc.Then you can go about your business of adding in your own custom AI, or packages someone else made.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Thanks Rhett.What I really would like to do is to COMPLETELY take out or delete as many of the STOCK aircrafts as possible. And essentially, possibly, substitute real world aircraft instead of stock in the traffic.bgl. Can that be accomplished? I guess you have decompile the file and edit the aircrafts.Thanks again, Rhett. I am open for additional suggestions.By the way, I succeeded in implementing my FS2004 traffic.bgl's into FSX. I can now see my own old stuff running in FSX. This was done real easy without moving the FS2004 aircrafts to FSX. Just referencing it in the CFG file.Abe

You don't need any additional suggestions. Just do what Rhett said and your stock aircraft will be completely gone.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Can that be accomplished?Very easily.The key is the title= line in the fltsim.x sections of the aircraft.cfg files.I very often test a new AI aircraft or repaint by substituting a title= line for a common aircraft in my flight plans.i.e. A check of the Traffic Toolbox SDK shows us that the following B747-400 repaints are used in the default AI traffic:Boeing 747-400 --- WhiteBoeing 747-400 Paint2 --- World Travel AirlinesBoeing 747-400 Paint4 --- Orbit AirlinesBoeing 747-400 Paint5 --- Pacifica AirlinesBoeing 747-400 Paint8 --- Global FreightwaysNow you have two choices.You can save a backup of the original paints in those folders and replace them with some of the real world repaints for default FSX aircraft which have been available on web sites for several months.Or you can us FS2004 AI aircraft - like the AIA B747-400 as substitutes.Just rename the title= lines in the default B747-400 to put the word Default at the front of each title.Then in your AIA B747-400 folder - use the exact title= lines for the versions of the B747-400 you want to see flying. Note that one of those B747's is a cargo aircraft and the default traffic file is set for only one cargo B747 and four pax B747.One caution - never, ever change the title= line of the default startup aircraft If FS has a problem and needs to fall back to the default startup aircraft - an Aircreation Trike on my system, the C-172 in FS2004 - and that aircraft is missing or the title= line is changed - FS will not start.Now - just substituting the repaints, either with default repaints, or other AI aircraft, will give you better looking skies.However, the default traffic file flight plans are not what most people want to see.As noted above - World of AI and Project AI packages work in FSX - with a few issues.World of AI can install it's packages directly into FSX folders.With PAI you must install them into FS2004, and copy/ move them over to FSX.Both groups have not yet updated flightplans for the many airports which changed designators in FSX - mostly in Indonesia and India.Using Traffic Tools created traffic files will make all your default GA disappear.I have completed Traffic Tools versions of the default GA, but have not yet fixed the C-172 into KLAX problem. You can download them here - http://www.flightsim2004-fanatics.com/uplo...A/Def_GA_DL.htm - left hand side of the page. Once I get those issues fixed, I'll post them on this site.Another big issue with FS2004 AI aircraft such as used by WoA and PAI is they are not setup to use jetways and baggage loaders. They are also not setup with real world size measurements so they park very badly.The AIA B747's are among the worst - parking in small gates with the wings overlapping horribly.You need to update all the aircraft.cfg files with new exits settings to make the jetways and baggage loaders work.The hard work of figuring this out was done by John Goodwin with Ultimate Traffic - the information is in some files on this thread - http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/...ts.asp?TID=2962FSX changes the way parking works - and the measurements we use to control parking.There is not standard, agreement on how to set parking sizes in aircraft, or in parking spots in modified airports (please dont' use the word AFCAD - they are not AFCAD files)In the aircraft.cfg file - under the airplane_geometry section the wing_span= value is used to determine parking size. This measurement must be in FEET - though the parking spot size will be determined in meters.You need to check/ update this setting for almost all AI aircraft you add to your system.What are the numbers to use?This table shows the measurements from Airliners.net for most of the currently available AI models for commercial traffic - passenger and cargo. http://www.flightsimx-fanatics.com/FlightS...gSpanValues.htmThe wingspan value in yellow is the measurement to use in the aircraft.cfg file. It will also tell you how big a parking spot the aircraft requires.This is only a temporary measure - there is not yet a concensus on how AI parking settings for aircraft and parking spot sizes for airports should be done in FSXHowever, these values will be close and workable in almost any final scenario.One caveat - these values depend upon the AI model being built to real world sizes. If the model is oversized or undersized - then these values would not work correctly.

Thank you Rhett, Gary, and Reggie.Reggie, you have a great site. I enjoyed navigating there. I downloaded both the GA and AIRLINE files. I'll probably have to decompile them and and take out the STOCK aircraft.As I mentioned earlier. I am able to enjoy my OLD FS2004 traffic.bgl's WITHOUT transferring all the aircrafts, including PAI, from FS2004 to FSX. All I had to do was reference it in FSX.CFG and point it to the FS2004AIRCRAFT folder. It works just GREAT!Thanks again guys. It is people like you that make flying so much more enjoyable.For whatever it's worth, I am ALWAYS open for suggestions.Abe