Sign in to follow this  
Guest SageWisdom

FSD Did it Again!....

Guest jcomm

Away from flightsimming for a while, I haven't been able to properly follow the few worth mentioning products released for FSX.I have the SARATOGA, and I am really enjoying it, but yesterday (my 2nd day back to the FSX world...) I got the NEWS - their (FSD) Cessnas had been updated for FSX.Rushed getting the FSX install, starting FSX and ... WHOW!I had many hours of Reims C337 FTB at the Portuguese Airforce and I almost felt like being on the real thing - the sounds, the feel, the view, the panel... THE FLIGHT DYNAMICS!!! Everything is simply amazing in this great add-on...Thanks FSD!

Hi jcomm!Long time no see :-)Glad you're still enjoying FS from time to time!Regards,Sylle

Download my repaints at AVSIM.

AMD Athlon 3800+ X2 - MSI Geforce 7600GT 256Mb - 2 x 1Gb OCz DDR Ram - Western Digital 250Gb - MSI K8N NEO4 FI - Windows XP SP2 - FS2004

Guest jcomm

Sylle!!!Great to read from you!!!I tried to find you at the ELITE forums, but never got a reply...Still flying the Fokker's for a living? Yes, I still have MSFS installed, although I seldom start it... and when I do it is either to fly FSD or RealAir creations... Looking forward for the upcoming products from both publishers, specially the Jet from FSD and the Duke from RealAir. But my main "crush" with msfs is still, now in version "X", to find ways to overcome it's FM and instrument modelling limitations. I invested a few days in designing XML-based versions of turn coordinators that behave realisticaly and also a few time tweaking the lausy helicopter flight models - the R-22 and the Bell are now a lot better ;-)...at least, I can perform safe auto-rotations with the former, and am able to use the rudder a LOT more with the later...I keep using ELITE the most, and now On-Top 9 as well. PS1's port to FSX is another project I am following closely, specialy because I no longer have fs9 installed.Appart from that, all I can say is that women in Portugal are getting better and better each day, and the higher temperatures are bringing the soooo wanted side effects - their Cowl Flaps are getting oppened a LOT more and the additional drag slows my motion at each corner... "TRAFFIC:::TRAFFIC!!!"Let's keep in touch!

Guest allcott

Interesting. The sound files in the release versions are wronghttp://www.fsd-international.com/dc/dcboar...g_id=9543&page=So your glowing praise for the noise is somewhat surprising. I'm sure they'll fix it, along with the poxy installer that caused me four hours of aggro trying to get the FSX versions activated. Ended up doing an offline activation for the 337. Others have also experienced problems.As for the 02A, after I finally got the 337 up and running I wrote an entry in their forum (you know, the one where they expressly ask us to EITHER post in the forum, or go via e-mail, but not do both as it increases their workload) detailing the various steps and problems I encountered and asking why the O2A didn't want to work (you can't do an offline activation for that aircraft, it seems). And they removed the message and asked for a correct e-mail address to reply privately! I don't need a private reply, I need the activation sorted, via an answer in a technical support forum. That's what it's there for. Why should I have to give my current e-mail address to a company that isn't getting any future business out of me, given the attitude they have shown in the past? And do you know what's funnier? This morning I accidentally loaded the O2A in FSX instead of clicking on the 337 - and it loaded perfectly and told me it was activated! Shambolic customer service, as usual.I have no idea what FSD think they are doing, but having installers that don't activate on installation, only after loading and running the sim, which then CTD's to desktop the moment you try to back out of the activation is NOT the way to encourage future business, even if the compatibility upgrade is free. Why can't they take a leaf out of other developers books and provide an installer that integrates the activation, and doesn't require the sim to be run for it to be started, only for it to crash when you do?I hesitate to even try to open the FS2004 versions now, in case the FSX installer might have done something unpleasant. And after all that, the 337 and O2A run like syrup in a snowstorm under FSX on my rig. Six hours wasted.Allcott

Guest jcomm

Allcott,I am very sorry to read about your problems. My installation process was straightforward. I no longer have fs9, and never tried any manual conversion of the fs9 files, so, I simply ran the new FSX installer, when asked for the activation I replied with the requested data, and soon after I was testing it.It's certainly painful when we're in a rush to try a masterpiece. I believe we agree that FSD's work is about the best we have for MSFS...I hoppe you can overcome your present state of insatisfaction and enjoy the 337 and the future, rather promissing, airplanes.Regarding the sound, this is really weird. My hears are not what they used to be 20 years ago, and I usually do not pay attention to such simulation details, I must confess... Together with nice vehicles in the roads, houses, birds, etc... I really couldn't care less about such aspects and I would certainly be glad to see important aspects taken seriously by developers - flight and systems modeling. Yet, and from what I recall, these sounds really "sounded" great!

Guest JimC1702

I was having issues too, couldn't install the 337. FSD just put up a new installer and it worked for me. I now have both the 337 and the 02A working in FSX.Jim

Guest SteveS_FSD

As far as installation glitches, about 20 out of 2,000+ users had installation problems. That is a very small percentage in any language but it's still 20 or so users too many and we still have not found the common link that caused it.As far as the 'glider sounds' ... that was caused by the wrong sound config file being packed. It was a simple email attachment error I'm responsible for making, made a few hours after being discharged from a stay in hospital. If a user had both the C337 and the 02A installed it would have taken about one minute flat to figure out what the sound problem was and fix it. Unfortunately that simple error went undetected for about half a day and as Jim says above, this was all corrected over two days ago. It certainly isn't the end of the world as we know it, but it is regretted.Regards,http://www.fsd-international.com/team/Steve_signature.gif

We found a problem that can occurr on some computers and have built in a protection against it. If anyone is experiencing a problem please download the installer again and try it. If you experience any problem just send us a support message or post a message on our forum. We will be glad to assist you.Tim Dickenshttp://www.fsd-international.com/team/TD_forum_sig.gif

TD_forum_sig.gif

Allcott,Proxy servers are often problemmatic when running installers. All that is needed is to send a polite message to us and we will be glad to assist you. I actually did try and contact you several times personally to attempt to help you throught the problem sfter you posted a similar message on our forum. Unfortunately, all mail that we send to you at the address that you registered on our forum with bounces back. See the notice we posted on our support forum several days ago telling you that your mail box is bouncing and asking you to contact us.We have been trying very hard to to assist you.Tim Dickenshttp://www.fsd-international.com/team/TD_forum_sig.gif

TD_forum_sig.gif

Guest jcomm

See Alcott,there had to be a misinterpretation in all this process. My continuous experience with their support is that it is excellent, but my oppinion may well be a litle biased because I am a great fan of their work...Whenever I have problems a post at the FSD forums is usualy replied soon after, and on one occasion I was indeed contacted through my email, which I have no problem in making available to them - after all it's the one I am registered as a user at their site...Now I am salivating for the promissed "Jet" :-)

Guest allcott

>Allcott,>>Proxy servers are often problemmatic when running installers. >All that is needed is to send a polite message to us and we>will be glad to assist you. I actually did try and contact you>several times personally to attempt to help you throught the>problem sfter you posted a similar message on our forum.>Unfortunately, all mail that we send to you at the address>that you registered on our forum with bounces back. See the>notice we posted on our support forum several days ago telling>you that your mail box is bouncing and asking you to contact>us.>>We have been trying very hard to to assist you.>>Tim Dickens>http://www.fsd-international.com/team/TD_forum_sig.gifAs Steve said in the forums only recently - use one or the other, NOT both. I used the forum, I expected a reply in the forum, or via PM. Instead, you delete the request for help, and revert to e-mail for your reply, contradicting your own advice and instructions. Not really my problem, is it? If someone in your own organisation had not been so quick deleting my post, you would know that my problem was not with the installer. It was with the offline activation. I have no intention of supplying you, any developer or organisation with a current e-mail address that is NOT Yahoo or Hotmail. I have had to change e-mail providers six times in the last two years, for one reason or another. Only my Hotmail remains as a consistent address. All other developers accept those anonymous servers without reservation, except in some cases for registration to the forum. The e-mail address you had was current when I registered for your forum, so I complied with your policy. Nowhere in your forum rules does it state that a current e-mail address is a prerequisite for support. You do not `like` Yahoo or Hotmail, that has been made vehemently clear in previous posts in your forums, so I require support through the Support forum, as I see no reason to provide you with any other private e-mail address. It is my choice how I choose to receive support, when that chioce is offered by the developer.Anyway, that's by-the-by. If you must keep the solution out of sight for some perverse reason, then use the PM here in the Avsim forum. You're here, I'm here, so you can communicate to an ex-customer easily enough.Allcott

Guest SteveS_FSD

AllcottYour dramatic verbose rant was not productive. You were not seeking support, you simply wanted to dump on someone. It's not especially productive to abuse someone when you're expecting help from them but we do see past that and treat everyone the same. You went way over the top, so I tried to contact you directly in a manner of genuine goodwill with a solution for you - and I could not contact you. >It is my choice how I choose to receive support, >when that chioce is offered by the developer.It's our choice how we administer our support forum. Our forum registration & use policy is stated up front, it's no different to the policy applied by Tom and forum managers right here, and in most civilised forums.Whilst we can appreciate your frustration with your free software, it was not the end of the world as you made it out to be and if we could have contacted you we would have had a solution for you. We regret you are not willing to abide by our simple forum policy, and that is your choice. Regards,http://www.fsd-international.com/team/Steve_signature.gif

Guest SageWisdom

>As Steve said in the forums only recently - use one or the>other, NOT both. I used the forum, I expected a reply in the>forum, or via PM. Instead, you delete the request for help,>and revert to e-mail for your reply, contradicting your own>advice and instructions. Not really my problem, is it? >>If someone in your own organisation had not been so quick>deleting my post, you would know that my problem was not with>the installer. It was with the offline activation. >>I have no intention of supplying you, any developer or>organisation with a current e-mail address that is NOT Yahoo>or Hotmail. I have had to change e-mail providers six times in>the last two years, for one reason or another. Only my Hotmail>remains as a consistent address. All other developers accept>those anonymous servers without reservation, except in some>cases for registration to the forum. The e-mail address you>had was current when I registered for your forum, so I>complied with your policy. Nowhere in your forum rules does it>state that a current e-mail address is a prerequisite for>support. >>You do not `like` Yahoo or Hotmail, that has been made>vehemently clear in previous posts in your forums, so I>require support through the Support forum, as I see no>reason to provide you with any other private e-mail>address. It is my choice how I choose to receive support, when>that chioce is offered by the developer.>>Anyway, that's by-the-by. If you must keep the solution out of>sight for some perverse reason, then use the PM here in the>Avsim forum. You're here, I'm here, so you can communicate to>an ex-customer easily enough.>>>AllcottLord have mercy Bubba. Get the chip off your shoulder. They been bustin' butt trying to help you and you won't even give em an e-mail address? Sounds like you are the one trying to stay out of sight.The forum you are talking on now does not accept yahoo or hotmail either. Thats pretty common now. You cant set up an account using either one. Get a grip guy.

Guest allcott

>Allcott>>Your dramatic verbose rant was not productive. You were not>seeking support, you simply wanted to dump on someone. It's>not especially productive to abuse someone when you're>expecting help from them but we do see past that and treat>everyone the same. You went way over the top, so I tried to>contact you directly in a manner of genuine goodwill with a>solution for you - and I could not contact you. >>>It is my choice how I choose to receive support, >>when that chioce is offered by the developer.>>It's our choice how we administer our support>forum. Our forum registration & use policy is stated up front,>it's no different to the policy applied by Tom and forum>managers right here, and in most civilised forums.>>Whilst we can appreciate your frustration with your free>software, it was not the end of the world as you made it out>to be and if we could have contacted you we would have had a>solution for you. We regret you are not willing to abide by>our simple forum policy, and that is your>choice. >>Regards,It's your choice to vigorously edit your forum, yet not to provide the support in the manner you describe? OK, I'll buy that. We've come to expect nothing less than this kind of `holier than thou` attitude to customer support from FSD in the last couple of years. When is `choice` not choice at all? When hypocrisy takes the place of stated rules. So I ask, now that not one but two of your development team have poked their heads in, why have I not got the PM I asked for if you really had any intention of `contacting` me? Or an answer to the question I posed in the forum? I have given you plenty of alternative `choices` yet you just want to pick on a paying customer, as usual.And don't try any of the `free` software rubbish - it was your commercial choice to provide paying customers with an addon that requires no further payment, but only for an addon already bought and paid for with hard-earned. And my, how that has brought attention on your latest commercial releases. You don't have to be cynical to understand marketing. I didn't ask for an e-mail reply, I asked for support in the appropriate place, using the procedures stated in the forum rules. I will happily provide you with a Hotmail address if you can't work the PM system of this forum. And yes, I needed to rant. Your installer was/is incompetent and ineffective, and I wasted several hours of my time trying to make the `free` update work once I got past the installer itself. As I said in my original post in your forum, If I costed my time on making the thing work as it should, then you owe me money for my `free` product.As it is, I have my solution, and confirmation as to why I no longer make purchases from your company. Thanks on the second count - and no thanks to you for the first.Allcott

Guest FireChief

>>Allcott>>>>Your dramatic verbose rant was not productive. You were not>>seeking support, you simply wanted to dump on someone. It's>>not especially productive to abuse someone when you're>>expecting help from them but we do see past that and treat>>everyone the same. You went way over the top, so I tried to>>contact you directly in a manner of genuine goodwill with a>>solution for you - and I could not contact you. >>>>>It is my choice how I choose to receive support, >>>when that chioce is offered by the developer.>>>>It's our choice how we administer our support>>forum. Our forum registration & use policy is stated up>front,>>it's no different to the policy applied by Tom and forum>>managers right here, and in most civilised forums.>>>>Whilst we can appreciate your frustration with your free>>software, it was not the end of the world as you made it out>>to be and if we could have contacted you we would have had a>>solution for you. We regret you are not willing to abide by>>our simple forum policy, and that is your>>choice. >>>>Regards,>>It's your choice to vigorously edit your forum, yet not to>provide the support in the manner you describe? OK, I'll buy>that. We've come to expect nothing less than this kind of>`holier than thou` attitude to customer support from FSD in>the last couple of years. When is `choice` not choice at all?>When hypocrisy takes the place of stated rules. >>So I ask, now that not one but two of your development>team have poked their heads in, why have I not got the PM I>asked for if you really had any intention of `contacting` me?>Or an answer to the question I posed in the forum? I have>given you plenty of alternative `choices` yet you just want to>pick on a paying customer, as usual.>>And don't try any of the `free` software rubbish - it was your>commercial choice to provide paying customers with an addon>that requires no further payment, but only for an addon>already bought and paid for with hard-earned. And my,>how that has brought attention on your latest commercial>releases. You don't have to be cynical to understand>marketing. >>I didn't ask for an e-mail reply, I asked for support in the>appropriate place, using the procedures stated in the forum>rules. I will happily provide you with a Hotmail address if>you can't work the PM system of this forum. >And yes, I needed to rant. Your installer was/is incompetent>and ineffective, and I wasted several hours of my time trying>to make the `free` update work once I got past the installer>itself. As I said in my original post in your forum, If I>costed my time on making the thing work as it should, then you>owe me money for my `free` product.>>As it is, I have my solution, and confirmation as to why I no>longer make purchases from your company. Thanks on the second>count - and no thanks to you for the first.>>>AllcottI think you need to get back on your meds man.Rob