Sign in to follow this  
Guest SageWisdom

FSD Did it Again!....

Guest allcott

>I think you need to get back on your meds man.>>RobNope, just put the FSD experience out of my life. Permanently. Even their free products aren't worth the cost. I have no idea how a developer stays in business with this kind of attitude toward its customers, but it does at least confirm the decision the O2A would be my last purchase from them was the right one. Don't get this kind of aggro from Flight 1, Aerosoft, Aeroworx, Shockwave, Eaglesoft, DreamFleet, Real Air, MAAM-Sim, Digital Aviation or even any of the smaller developers. At one time FSD were major players. Enough said.Allcott

Guest FireChief

>>I think you need to get back on your meds man.>>>>Rob>>Nope, just put the FSD experience out of my life. Permanently.>Even their free products aren't worth the cost. I have no idea>how a developer stays in business with this kind of attitude>toward its customers, but it does at least confirm the>decision the O2A would be my last purchase from them was the>right one. Don't get this kind of aggro from Flight 1,>Aerosoft, Aeroworx, Shockwave, Eaglesoft, DreamFleet, Real>Air, MAAM-Sim, Digital Aviation or even any of the smaller>developers. >>At one time FSD were major players. Enough said.>>>AllcottIf you say so. But I've been reading this whole thread and I got no dog in this fight. But it looks like the only attitude here is yours.Rob

Guest allcott

Do your research Rob. This is just a tip of a very large iceberg.Allcott

>Last words heard from the control tower: "Hey y'all, watch this"!LOL (Yes, that's all I wanted to say here. ;) )Although... shouldn't it be 'Last words heard from the pilot...? ;)EDIT:One more thing: is there a demo of the 337?

Guest SageWisdom

Oops, you are right. Aint usin good english. But Ill fix it. ;)

Guest FireChief

>Do your research Rob. This is just a tip of a very large iceberg.>>>AllcottI understand they are doing great research in anger management. You might want to look into it. Seriously, you need help.Rob

Guest allcott

>I understand they are doing great research in anger>management. You might want to look into it. Seriously, you>need help.>>RobIronic, really. You appear as an FSD apologist every time one of these threads starts, yet rarely contribute more generally. Who are you, a staff member on the FSD team? BTW, as an afterword I now note that my login to their forum no longer recognises my (correct) password. So of course I can't login to change my email address - and can no longer request technical support for products I bought and paid for. Coincidence? When it comes to behaviour rectification therapy you might want to suggest it to your buddies in the team. Allcott

. >>So I ask, now that not one but two of your development>team have poked their heads in, why have I not got the PM I>asked for if you really had any intention of `contacting` me?>Or an answer to the question I posed in the forum? I have>given you plenty of alternative `choices` yet you just want to>pick on a paying customer, as usual.>>And don't try any of the `free` software rubbish - it was your>commercial choice to provide paying customers with an addon>that requires no further payment, but only for an addon>already bought and paid for with hard-earned. And my,>how that has brought attention on your latest commercial>releases. You don't have to be cynical to understand>marketing. >>I didn't ask for an e-mail reply, I asked for support in the>appropriate place, using the procedures stated in the forum>rules. I will happily provide you with a Hotmail address if>you can't work the PM system of this forum. >And yes, I needed to rant. Your installer was/is incompetent>and ineffective, and I wasted several hours of my time trying>to make the `free` update work once I got past the installer>itself. As I said in my original post in your forum, If I>costed my time on making the thing work as it should, then you>owe me money for my `free` product.>>As it is, I have my solution, and confirmation as to why I no>longer make purchases from your company. Thanks on the second>count - and no thanks to you for the first.>>>AllcottReading ICOMM initial post about how amazing he finds the Free Cessna 337 which FSD offered to previous purchasers and the way it handles, I have to agree,I am also one of those who is extremely satisfied with this FSD aircraft.What I can't understand how does the poor support Allcott mentiones with FSD have anything to do with ICOMM initial post, or the problem with installers which according to Allcott is incompetent.I really can't see how a persons Rant about their disagreement with a developer enhances a positive thread from a fellow simmer.Reference to the sound problem which Allcott mentioned, I was one of those who had the wind noise on my first install but the FSD team fixed that within 48 hrs. or sooner which Steve Small mentioned in his post in this thread.Just my 2 cents worth.Kenny G.

Guest SageWisdom

>Reading ICOMM initial post about how amazing he finds the Free>Cessna 337 which FSD offered to previous purchasers and the>way it handles, I have to agree,I am also one of those who is>extremely satisfied with this FSD aircraft.>What I can't understand how does the poor support Allcott>mentiones with FSD have anything to do with ICOMM initial>post, or the problem with installers which according to>Allcott is incompetent.>I really can't see how a persons Rant about their disagreement>with a developer enhances a positive thread from a fellow>simmer.>Reference to the sound problem which Allcott mentioned, I was>one of those who had the wind noise on my first install but>the FSD team fixed that within 48 hrs. or sooner which Steve>Small mentioned in his post in this thread.>Just my 2 cents worth.>>Kenny G.>>I agree. The 337 is a wonderful bird in FS X. They did an outstanding job. I had a problem with the installer when I first downloaded it too. Rather than rant I just asked them for help and I was up and running within in hour of writing them.Quite honestly, I think the above referenced poster is simply immature, ill mannered and inappropriately trying to hijack a thread for his own questionable reason. My 2 cents.

English isn't my native language either, but shouldn't it say :Last words heard by the control Tower ? :-hah

Guest SoarPics

I really can't see how a persons Rant about their disagreement with a developer enhances a positive thread from a fellow simmer.So what you're saying is that anytime a positive thread is started about a payware add-on that means no other simmers can offer a dissenting perspective? Great! The other solution is for the a really excited user to head over to the FSD forums, where dissenting threads are quickly removed and the account of anyone who makes them is deleted. No doubt all you'll see there is positive stuff.

Guest allcott

The topic was `FSD did it again`. Clearly, they did. You cannot deduce the true value of a product from any comments in the FSD forums. It is important to all simmers that all aspects of the ownership experience are known, nicluding aftermarket support. Basically, as long as you have no need of support I am sure you will be very, very happy. Allcott

Guest SageWisdom

>English isn't my native language either, but shouldn't it say>:>>Last words heard by the control Tower ? :-hah Yep...you're right

Guest SageWisdom

>I really can't see how a persons Rant about their>disagreement with a developer enhances a positive thread from>a fellow simmer.>>So what you're saying is that anytime a positive thread is>started about a payware add-on that means no other simmers can>offer a dissenting perspective? Great! The other solution is>for the a really excited user to head over to the FSD forums, where>dissenting threads are quickly removed and the account of>anyone who makes them is deleted. No doubt all you'll see>there is positive stuff.You are probably right about their forums, but I think that's pretty much true of every developer's private forum. Hijacking a thread for an immature rant is not offering a perspective. And it just makes the individual look like a fool. From reading everything in this thread, including FSD's participation, it seems clear that they are bending over backwards trying to give good service. I think some people just like to rant in order to get attention.