Sign in to follow this  
Cloudpiercing

Drzewiecki Chicago slideshow

I*ve got a couple of addons for Black Friday including Drzewiecki Chicago, and Drzewieckis Chicago is my first addon scenery that gives me a slideshow. I don't have anything in my community folder that I could think of that would affect my Chicago addon. Is anyone aware of any compatibillity issues with Drzewieckis Chicago and SU7? I've regularly flown over graphically demanding scenery, including addons, but I never got my FPS under 30 fps with everything at ultra at 2560*1440 resolution except now in Drzewieckis Chicago when the FPS is hovering around 10 fps. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Come here you big, beautiful cup of coffee and lie to me about how much we’re going to get done today.

Seems to work OK for me... I've also got Meigs installed and the two play nice together..

Bert

58 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Seems to work OK for me... I've also got Meigs installed and the two play nice together..

Same here, both installed and also FSDT KORD and works well...as well as anything works on my limited hardware. I'm running 2560 X 1440 and mostly medium and high settings. I normally run terrain LOD 300 - 400 but have to turn it down to 100 when I'm in the area in the FBW and CRJ. I am locked at 30 fps in nvcp and can mostly maintain 20 - 25 around KORD - mostly 25 - 30 when around the city and Meigs away from KORD. Those fps numbers are with AIG installed and a ton of traffic at ORD.

Assume you can disable Chicago and all goes back to normal?

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

I too bought Drzewiecki's Chicago over the discounted holiday break. And I too am currently experiencing very poor slideshow performance with Drzewiecki's Chicago, so much so that taking off from nearby Midway Airport also becomes a newly-created slideshow. Deleting Drzewiecki's Chicago completely solves the problem. I am actually quite stunned by this disappointment because my other Drzewiecki scenery -- mostly recently, the Washington DC scenery -- run beautifully and efficiently on my system. Drzewiecki has always been my favorite scenery designer, both because of the excellent FPS performance and because Drzewiecki scenery is the most beautifully crafted artwork this side of the Sistine Chapel.

I also have Meigs Field (by another designer) as mentioned above. But my Meigs scenery does NOT play well in Drzewiecki's Chicago. The Meigs runway appears at its correct geographic location within the enhanced Drzewiecki Chicago scenery. But all the handcrafted airport buildings and the boats located in the bay behind Meigs are overwritten and trashed by the Drzewiecki Chicago scenery. The yachts in the bay suffer the melt-down effect usually reserved for trees in the early days of MSFS. Also, the trees currently lining part of the runway at Meigs are now hovering about ten feet above the ground, reminiscent of past bugs in P3D.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling one -- and then both -- of these titles. I have tried deleting and reinstalling them in different orders. But the problems continue. Knowing Drzewiecki's detailed quality, and knowing how good Meigs looked when I first bought it a few months ago from the in-sim marketplace, I'm guessing that these problems were introduced with SU7. I want to emphasize that both these titles look spectacular and were obviously crafted by highly skilled teams. But now, both individually and together, serious issues have surfaced after release and after sim updates, at least on my system and by others in this thread.

I would be more than delighted to hear suggested fixes here. I love both of the scenery titles and would love to get them up and running efficiently and together. I remember in P3D, there was a method of assigning hierarchical layering to overlapping scenery add-ons. Is there such an option with MSFS? I haven't seen one if there is. Thanks for any help. 

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Since it covers such a large area, could it be conflicting with previously cached scenery? Maybe try creating a new rolling cache?

I would also try clearing the scenery indexes folder.

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Thanks for your suggestions MDFlier. I know how to clean my rolling cache, but I have no clue where to find my scenery index folder? I've bought my sim at Microsoft Store and have a default installation in C:// . 

• Like 1

Come here you big, beautiful cup of coffee and lie to me about how much we’re going to get done today.

2 hours ago, David Mills said:

Knowing Drzewiecki's detailed quality, and knowing how good Meigs looked when I first bought it a few months ago from the in-sim marketplace,

There appear to be different version of Meigs airfield... Mine is:  https://flightsim.to/file/4444/kcgx-meigs-field

For it to work well with DD's Chicago, I had to add a "z" in front of the name.. would that work for your Meigs scenery as well?

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

Mine is located in C:\Users\Captain\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes.

If your username isn't "Captain", change that...

• Like 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

19 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

There appear to be different version of Meigs airfield... Mine is:  https://flightsim.to/file/4444/kcgx-meigs-field

For it to work well with DD's Chicago, I had to add a "z" in front of the name.. would that work for your Meigs scenery as well?

I went to your link, and I see they've posted a warning that Meigs has not been confirmed compatible with SU7. When you say you added a "z" in front of the name, where are you talking about? I'm confused. I really appreciate the help.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

1 hour ago, MDFlier said:

I would also try clearing the scenery indexes folder.

Will clearing the scenery index folder require a re-download of all the scenery?

1 hour ago, David Mills said:

I went to your link, and I see they've posted a warning that Meigs has not been confirmed compatible with SU7. When you say you added a "z" in front of the name, where are you talking about? I'm confused. I really appreciate the help.

David. I believe that z start to the entry may cause it to load last (A~Z) after most other sceneries.  In any case, if you are using Addons Linker, remove the Meigs for now and see it that resolves the issue.  Then try Bert's suggestion.

I would appreciate seeing a pinned topic regarding verified management a sequence or order in which MSFS addons need to be loaded.  Is it fact?  or folklore?  I honestly do not know and would like to learn for certain.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, David Mills said:

Will clearing the scenery index folder require a re-download of all the scenery?

No. The index is written everytime you start up the sim and something new has been installed. Unfortunately sceneries and add-ons that you have deleted in the meantime, stay in the index. So it keeps on growing over time.

1 minute ago, Farlis said:

No. The index is written everytime you start up the sim and something new has been installed. Unfortunately sceneries and add-ons that you have deleted in the meantime, stay in the index. So it keeps on growing over time.

Can you step by step describe the best practice management?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I don't think there really are BPs. I do it after every update, whenever I add or remove scenery, and after I play around in dev mode.

Edit: And also whenever I see any scenery glitches (this also applied in FSX/P3D).

Edited by MDFlier

I'm also experiencing performance issues with Chicago City + FSDT's ORD. There is something stinky about DD's scenery (and I love their sceneries) I don't experience anything like it with a massive NYC scenery from SamScene + Feelthere's LGA, which is questionable in itself. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |