Sign in to follow this  
Connor Levens

FEATURE REQUEST: Export to ICAO FPL format (plain-text)

Good morning AVSIM/LittleNavMap community!

I started using LittleNavMap at the beginning of the year and I absolutely love it. I love that it genuinely does everything it's marketed for, and that it does all of those things well. From planning flights across the pond while taking into consideration valid NATs, to allowing users to specify just how direct a pilot want a route to be vs. more defined by airways.

The program is phenomenal and I'm happy to call it a major part of my flight sim toolbag.

One small feature request I'd like to see if there's any support for: converting flight plans to plain-text ICAO FPL format.

I fly on VATSIM in XP11 and connect to the network via XSquawkbox. Before I connect to VATSIM, I always upload by flight plan (when flying IFR) via the VATSIM Pre-file Flight Plan webpage. It requires me to manually type in all of the appropriate information for my flight, incl. callsign, flight rules (e.g. IFR/VFR), aircraft type, departure airport, arrival airport, route, ETE, etc.

There's a little button at the top of the webpage that allows a user to Import ICAO FPL, however. If I were able to export my flight plan from LittleNavMap in ICAO FPL format (plain-text), I'd be able to paste it in the modal that pops up after clicking that button, add my departure time, equipment and transponder codes, and fuel endurance, and file the flight plan much faster.

Is there any chance we can add a feature to LittleNavMap to export flight plans to ICAO FPL format in plain-text? It could honestly be a simple pop-up in the app, similar to the New Flight Plan from Route Description window.

Below is a sample flight plan in ICAO FPL format.

(FPL-SHT8F-IS
-A319/M-SDE3FGIJ1KRWXY/LB1
-EGLL0650
-N0441F300 DCT UMLAT T418 WELIN T420 TNT UN57 POL UN601
 ABEVI/N0422F240 N601 INPIP INPIP1E
-EGPH0057 EGPF
-PBN/A1B1D1O1S2 NAV/RNVD1E2A1 RNP2 DOF/200402 REG/GEUPJ EET/EGPX0038
 SEL/BFES CODE/400879 RVR/075 OPR/BAW PER/C RMK/LAHSO NOT AUTHORISED
 TCAS)

1 hour ago, albar965 said:

There are a few online flight plan export options in LNM. Why not use these?

Alex

Thanks for the reply, Alex! You do an excellent job with LNM and I absolutely love using it.

Are you referring to the options via the Multi-Export menu? If so, those would definitely be helpful if I were using one of the clients listed. Unfortunately, I use XSquawkbox, which I don't think was included in the Multi-Export menu. (Admittedly, I really should upgrade to xPilot—especially since the new beta is out.)

I actually prefer to pre-file via the VATSIM Pre-file page, however. I can probably write a script to print the output of my flight plan in ICAO FPL format. Maybe I will do that.

Obviously, this is not a pressing feature request (by any means), but I figured it'd be worth inquiring about.