Sign in to follow this  
styckx

I'm over it - AI Piloting enables itself every flight

So the other day I decided. Hey Bill, can't hurt to try AI Piloting just to see how it works and if it's even any good at it.

WRONG

EVERY-SINGLE-FLIGHT it's enabled again.  

Turn it off. Exit. Quit to desktop. Restart sim. Start flight..  It's enabled again

Go to AI options, set piloting BACK to hard (since it always reverts to custom), save, exit sim. Restart. Start a flight. IT"S ENABLED AGAIN

I Googled and see this is a problem dating back to AUGUST with no fix in sight.  Despicable. 

It used to be with simming you fought addons being up to date with the sim. Now I'm fighting the sim to be up to date with itself.  

I'm done for awhile. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

2 minutes ago, styckx said:

So the other day I decided. Hey Bill, can't hurt to try AI Piloting just to see how it works and if it's even any good at it.

WRONG

Turn it off. Exit. Quit to desktop. Restart sim. Start flight..  It's enabled again

Go to AI options, set piloting BACK to hard (since it always reverts to custom), save, exit sim. Restart. Start a flight. IT"S ENABLED AGAIN

I Googled and see this is a problem dating back to AUGUST with no fix in sight.  Despicable. 

It used to be with simming you fought addons being up to date with the sim. Now I'm fighting the sim to be up to date with itself.  

I'm done for awhile. 

I am glad I have had zero interest in AI piloting. Looks like a good thing to avoid. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am glad I have had zero interest in AI piloting. Looks like a good thing to avoid. 

Yeah it's absolutely infuriating. I'm over this sim. Complete amateur hour development 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/how-do-i-start-a-flight-with-ai-piloting-off/435529

Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

7 minutes ago, styckx said:

WRONG

I'm done for awhile. 

Thanks for the warning! I hope they'll fix it soon. Was it ever mentioned in the weekly bug list presentation?

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

For the record. AI Piloting is awful. It stuck the landing about as well as a rock being dropped from a 3 story building and porpoised down the runway 

Edited by styckx

37 minutes ago, styckx said:

Nasty AI pilot, some have such an urge to assert.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

I have had this same behavior but with the AI Radio assist option. You put power to the aircraft and 2 seconds later the AI guy is on the horn asking for pushback. Apparently no preflight is necessary. I had to start checking the Assist options every time before beginning a flight. This sim is good for helping  me practice patience!

Dan Scott

Same happened here! I was wondering why the Autopilot kept disconnecting!

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

All the assistance settings are reset e every time you start the sim again.

You just have to switch all the parameters to your discretion before departure. I integrated it into my checklists.

1 minute ago, PTI139 said:

All the assistance settings are reset e every time you start the sim again.

You just have to switch all the parameters to your discretion before departure. I integrated it into my checklists.

I only get assistance resets if I go into the content manager. As long as I don't enter the content manager, my setting stay the same over multiple sessions.

It's an odd issue, doesn't seem to effect everyone the same.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 1

Yes I think youre kind of right.

I assume it has something to do with the content being changed - for example if you add scenery to the community directory maybe by changing things in addon manager app - then it is not synchronized with the content.xml.

Last time the assistance reset kerfuffle occurred again frequently after I deleted two asobo sceneries in the content manager (LOWI and LSZH, that I own as payware and which reinstalled themselves by an update). But after that I have the phenomenon everytime I start the sim (without changing content).

I used the AutoPilot the other day, flew a 747 from Charlotte to Key West.

Pilot was able to take off and fly the whole trip unassisted, but he overran the end of the runway on takeoff. At Key West he landed late and ran off the runway there too.

But the opposite happened to me aftermath.

For my next flight I selected the Volocopter, but when I went to activate the autopilot, it wasn't in the menu bar anymore, and I can't find it now.

Those who get settings switched to "easy", are you spending a lot of time in the "Market Place"? Just recently there was a problem with settings going "easy" after every visit to the MP.

edit* sorry it's the Content Manager, not Market place.

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Dev mode turns assistance options on for me, but I have not had the AI options activate on their own.

I can say with 100% certainty that I never go into either marketplace or content manager, so that may be why I haven't seen it and you guys have. 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

So I figured out how to stop this ridiculous bug. 

Upon starting a flight I had to turn off AI Piloting as usual.

The key to make it stick for all future flights. Saving the flight after turning the dreaded AI Piloting off from the toolbar. Then loading the flight you just saved and then exiting the flight.  Now I can start the sim and create a flight without the AI Piloting automatically turned on. What an absolute circus of development. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1