Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Asobo acknowledged the issues and spoke

Easy to miss, since it's not a pinned announcement in the official forum:

OlieTsubasa443
Community Manager
2h

Hello everyone, no one is ignored. The team is aware of the situation (as stated by the official tag). As soon as we can share more information, details, or any kind of communication, we’ll do.

We understand the frustration behind this kind of bugs and the team is dedicated to solve these problems.

When a fix is server side, the sim doesn’t require any update from players and might be faster to deploy. Some fixes may require pushing code and, in that case, this may result in having to wait for an update.

Any update on this will be shared once available.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/are-cloud-bases-in-new-metar-system-in-agl-or-msl/473011/312

• Like 21
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

read this and see 2 new updates for both Reno and my 2 CRJ packages, so there is surely some work in the background (though CRJ was obviously an AS task but at least I didn't have to wait x weeks until it is pushed via the marketplace/content manager)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

11 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

Easy to miss, since it's not a pinned announcement in the official forum:

OlieTsubasa443
Community Manager
2h

Hello everyone, no one is ignored. The team is aware of the situation (as stated by the official tag). As soon as we can share more information, details, or any kind of communication, we’ll do.

We understand the frustration behind this kind of bugs and the team is dedicated to solve these problems.

When a fix is server side, the sim doesn’t require any update from players and might be faster to deploy. Some fixes may require pushing code and, in that case, this may result in having to wait for an update.

Any update on this will be shared once available.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/are-cloud-bases-in-new-metar-system-in-agl-or-msl/473011/312

Thanks for posing this.

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

25 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

The team is aware of the situation (as stated by the official  

Really, I don't understand what they mean. This sim is working perfectly after SU7, anybody who is not an entitled kid on this forum will tell you that.  The weather is specially better.  

• Like 6

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

The weather is working bad on airports. Metar is ignored. 

And the ai traffic never worked well. 

That is true. So is good they want to fix it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Really, I don't understand what they mean. This sim is working perfectly after SU7, anybody who is not an entitled kid on this forum will tell you that.  The weather is specially better.  

Are you serious or am I missing some context here?

• Like 6

Just now, Captain Nuts said:

Are you serious or am I missing some context here?

Irony...

Those who accuse us to be entitled kids should thank us instead, because without the noise we are making on the forums nothing would move. That's why I say "keep reporting", we have the right to have the issues fixed.

• Like 17
  • Upvote 5

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

To clarify: The specific issue here that Asobo has acknowledged is that cloud heights in METARs are wrongly being interpreted as MSL instead of AGL. At higher-elevation airports, this has the effect of showing the clouds at a lower altitude than they should be.

• Like 5

Meanwhile the Mouse in VR Bug which has more votes goes ignored...again the communication is simply appalling.

• Like 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

11 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Sorry, but I don't agree with this. My sim WAS working perfectly, but now I'm having a lot of CTD after SU7. I virtually never say anything about the sim on any forum. Far from being an entitled kid, I understand what goes on in developing the sim!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, martinboehme said:

To clarify: The specific issue here that Asobo has acknowledged is that cloud heights in METARs are wrongly being interpreted as MSL instead of AGL. At higher-elevation airports, this has the effect of showing the clouds at a lower altitude than they should be.

Do you have a source for this?  I ask because that would be a bad error, the issue also exists at coastal airports were MSL=~AGL, which implies that it can't have to do anything with AGL vs MSL and that not only airports with higher elevation are affected.

2 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Meanwhile the Mouse in VR Bug which has more votes goes ignored...again the communication is simply appalling.

Ollie didn't point out what bugs specifically they are aware of, could as well be something else being ignored. 😉

3 minutes ago, Captain Nuts said:

Do you have a source for this?

This is implied by the title of the post quoted in the OP: "Are cloud bases in new METAR system in AGL or MSL?"