Sign in to follow this  
sightseer

Does HP Reverb G2 require an account like Oculus/meta?

Just wondering if any account is required or if its just a plugin device on your system like it should be.

and if the answer is 'No', then is facebook/oculus/meta the only devices that require an account?

I feel a bit cheated by the oculus/facebook thing as I own a Rift S but I never in any way wanted anything to do with facebook.

thanks in advance.

• Like 2

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

No, Not required.  The Reverb G2 is a Windows Mixed Reality device. WMR.  WMR is part of windows 10/11. 

• Like 1

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

thanks to you both.  that makes me feel better about getting an HP G2.  

• Like 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

it's a great headset

not just the high res displays, but it's just very well made, sits snugly on your face with lots of adjustment, completely blocks out all light

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 9:18 AM, sightseer said:

Just wondering if any account is required or if its just a plugin device on your system like it should be.

and if the answer is 'No', then is facebook/oculus/meta the only devices that require an account?

I feel a bit cheated by the oculus/facebook thing as I own a Rift S but I never in any way wanted anything to do with facebook.

thanks in advance.

Same concern.  I bought an Oculus 2 recently, but it is just setting in the box.  Facebook account is not something I will do. Unless I fine a way around that requirement, it gets Ebayed.  There was some promise by Oculus/Facebook in October to do away with the Facebook requirement, but no info since that I have found.  

Ron Marks

CP ASMEL CFI A&P

On 11/30/2021 at 12:18 PM, sightseer said:

thanks in advance.

I feel your pain.  I deleted my facebook account only to find out that now I had to have an account to use my Rift S.  They originally said they were not going to do that, but that didn't mean anything.