Sign in to follow this  
oldbear

A380 at LHR today

This may already be known, but I've just seen on the BBC that the A380 is flying into Heathrow today - at 13.20.I hope to see her coming in over London - the wind's in the right direction at the moment. It's a bit gusty!.Hope to get my first glimpse.Ian :)

Good Luck.I have seen it Yeterday @ the ILA-Berlin(from the Airport Fence).It

Intel I7-6700K@4.2GHz,ASUS GTX 1080 Strix,Samsung 4K TV  

Ralf Zimmermann

Hooray!She just came in, right over my place of work in south London. Got a wonderful view from the park out the back, my first of this fantastic aircraft. My colleagues must think I'm mad. :D Oh well, back to the grindstone...Ian

Guest yarvelling

Anybody know of a video download of this event? I saw it briefly on TV earlier but want to get a closer look...she looked amazing!

>Anybody know of a video download of this event? I saw it>briefly on TV earlier but want to get a closer look...she>looked amazing! There's 1 on MSNBC.com and also CNN.Com. Note the link for the CNN video actually points the the Jimmy Hoffa story, so you'll have to look up in their library. I saw it, and it looked like it hit pretty hard, also I noticed it looks like it only uses the inner 2 engines for reversers. Don't know if this is by design, or there was a problem with the other 2. It seems to me with a beast like this you would want as much stopping power as you can get!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

The strong winds made for an interesting landing - it looked like the port gear touched down before the starboard, and you could see all the rudder he was using to keep it straight. My parents landed in an A321 from Zurich not long after and said it was quite hairy coming in. The A380 goes off today but I don't know when. Again, it's very windy..Ian