Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Am I in 4K or something else?

Do I have this right?

scrern.png

The reason I am questing is, the 1920 x 1080 is recomended and  PMDG Operation center v2 is like this? I can't use it.

scrern2.png

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Is your PC connected to a monitor or TV?

The reason I ask is because I had this on my PC connected to my 4K TV. I discovered the reason was only one of my HDMI ports was properly 4K compatible. When I switched my lead to the correct port, my native (recommended) resolution was shown correctly in Windows.

Edited by March Hare

TV

So this is not 4K

I have 1 HDMI and 3 DP. Which is the right one.

Edited by Manny

Manny

Might be 4K, what is the scaling set at in the Windows graphics options? Ideally needs to be set to 100 to 125%

ITs 115%. This is so confusing. 🙂

Manny

20 minutes ago, Manny said:

TV

So this is not 4K

I have 1 HDMI and 3 DP. Which is the right one.

What are you connected via at the moment? HDMI or DisplayPort?

DP on the Card and HDMI on the TV

Manny

If you have an HDMI port on your GPU (I presume you will), then connect it HDMI-HDMI. This is assuming the HDMI cable is the correct version to support a 4K signal.

Thanks Paul. 🙂

Edited by Manny
  • Like 1

Manny

3840x2160 is correct for 4k on PC. Display scaling in Windows is purely for text and has no effect on games at all so set this as desired to make Windows text clear to read.

• Like 1

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

Don't worry about the HDMI cable itself too much for now. Just connect directly from HDMI on the GPU to HDMI on the TV and see if Windows then recognises the display as 4K natively (recommended). Your DP to HDMI adapter could be the issue.

I connect HDMI to HDMI and the recommended  is the same Its not changing it to 4K

Manny

As stated earlier by March Hare.  If Windows offers you a (recommended) setting, then that is the native resolution of that screen.  If it doesn't 'recommend' 4K (which is commonly accepted as 3840 x 2160), then that resolution is not supported natively by the screen - i.e. pixel per pixel.  You can try to 'upscale', but it won't be anywhere near the quality.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Cables do make a difference but even an older HDMI cable should get you 4k at 30 FPS, but you don't want that.

If your TV is 4k 60 Hertz and not HDR capable use YUV444 mode, 8 bit. Using RGB graphic card settings on a TV will work but may show incorrect black levels.

• Like 1

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.