Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D v5.3 released

23 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I'm still not sure what this feature is supposed to do...?

I always thought it rendered the clouds better. Unless I am misunderstanding what it actually does.

Just now, Joseph29 said:

I always thought it rendered the clouds better. Unless I am misunderstanding what it actually does.

No, the opposite. It sacrifices rendering for perf and looks bad doing it.

• Like 1

Do we have a general consensus now on what works better, new PBR Ground textures from LM or Orbx Global Products? 😄

• Like 1

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

24 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

Do we have a general consensus now on what works better, new PBR Ground textures from LM or Orbx Global Products? 😄

Unless Orbx updates their products to the new standard, apparently leaving the default ones is the best option.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

6 hours ago, F737NG said:

I think you'll find most people not just biting your hand, but your whole arm off too for only "managing 40-45fps" at EGLL, while using a complex airliner.

I think he forgot the *tongue in cheek* disclaimer. 

Sighs.... "only" 40-45! 

Edited by IanHarrison
Correction

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

9 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Also I would recommend to use PBR ground textures and trees! I can't imagine ORBX will update these to PBR....

8 hours ago, mpo910 said:

This is now standard in p3d! All their textures are now PBR out of the box. Autogen, trees, ships, vehicles, ground textures airports etc

So we must choose either Orbx Global Base or default PBR textures now? My issue is I don't think Orbx Vector or Orbx OpenLC products will work without the Global Base product. That's a bummer if so because we need the LC product for accuracy along with Vector for coastlines.

5 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Well, I had a successful install

1. Did the install from Set Up

2. Went to Orbx Central and verified all Global assets

3 Did an Orbx P3D v5 re-sync.

4  Went to User Apps Local and deleted the v5 Shader folder.

5 Went and got the H.F. Active sky for v5.3

6 Went to the kitchen and poured another coffee

7. Will soon run P3D v5.3 after I have all my Global Orbx products 'file verified' to reload them into the Scenery Folder...

8. Will hold my breath, and hit the start button... 🙂

You realize after doing 2, 3 and 7 you overwrote the new default PBR terrain textures right?

• Upvote 1

Eric 

1 hour ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Unless Orbx updates their products to the new standard, apparently leaving the default ones is the best option.

But if you leave the default ones, then as I understand it, you cannot use Vector or OpenLC without Global. That is a non starter for me and means I can't use the new PBR terrain textures. 

Eric 

11 hours ago, ark4diusz said:

Prepar3D Content

Fixes and Improvements

• Updated additional content to PBR textures including:
    • Generic and auto generated buildings
    • Airport hangars and parking spaces
    • Animals and landmarks
    • Ground, water, and airport vehicles
    • Mission objects
    • City textures

11 hours ago, ark4diusz said:

Prepar3D Scenery

Fixes and Improvements

• Updated additional content to PBR textures including:
    • Generic and auto generated buildings
    • Airport hangars and parking spaces
    • Animals and landmarks
    • Ground, water, and airport vehicles
    • Mission objects
    • City textures

Do we really have PBR Ground Textures though? Based on those, I think it is just buildings, hangars, vehicles, Cities (?)

Or am I missing an entry in the included change log?

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

In regards to legacy addons installed in the P3D folder why can I not just install P3D over the existing folder assuming it remains intact (only default P3D files will be deleted as part of the installation process) as the customized 3rd party files would probably remain intact.

And then drag in the older scenery.cfg file so I don't need to manually install again all older addons?

Same for PMDG - those files can remain in the root folder

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

4 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Has anyone tested the CRJ yet with 5.3. Aerosoft has basically given up on P3D so if there’s any major issues we’re pretty much SOL. 
https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/168506-p3d-version-53/

Their approach of how they support exisiting P3D customer is just disgusting for my taste.... We are buying their products, giving them money and now, cause only they are mainly supporting MSFS they say  "f* P3D customers, if you dont give us mony anymore, we are not interested in you anymore" I do understand it from a economical sight but its at all still unfair.

I am happy to see that other Devs are taking another approach for P3D customers.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 6

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

Regarding Aerosoft. Simple traffic for MSFS is ridiculous - cash grab. If I had just picked up airport for P3D instead. It would be better.
But on the other hand - they updated Airbus series for P3D recently. 

So ORBX global or not? 

3 minutes ago, Lazer_cz said:

So ORBX global or not? 

I resynced 5.3 with global, trees v2, vector and openLCs. So i guess the default pbr texs are overwritten

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

5 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

I resynced 5.3 with global, trees v2, vector and openLCs. So i guess the default pbr texs are overwritten

Arg...okay so if I have resynced then I have to reinstall p3d again? Please advise.

Would be really great to see some comparison shots of the same area with new pbr textures compared against orbx global for example.

I find it hard to know what the difference looks like and whether it's worth it. Screencaps anyone?

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

23 minutes ago, Shomron said:

In regards to legacy addons installed in the P3D folder why can I not just install P3D over the existing folder assuming it remains intact (only default P3D files will be deleted as part of the installation process) as the customized 3rd party files would probably remain intact.

And then drag in the older scenery.cfg file so I don't need to manually install again all older addons?

Same for PMDG - those files can remain in the root folder

Exactly, I have all my add-ons set up externally via XML, or installed in the root sim if they are not able to be added by XML.  I just uninstalled the SIM, reinstalled in the same folder and voila, everything works just tickety-boo.

LM sure gave a masterclass in how to provide a properly beta-tested update this time 👍

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

What are the 'default' ones?!?