Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D v5.3 released

Still can't find how to assign the rendering core. I figured it would be a cfg file edit, but there is no mention of this in the learning center -> Getting Help -> Advanced Configuration.

Did anyone find it?

• Like 1

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

Ground textures were NOT updated with PBR.

I had a quick look at the textures and none of the ground textures have any of the PBR maps (albedo, metallic, emissive, normal, etc.). However, textures for objects and buildings now all come with the new PBR maps. Thus, the points stated in the changelog are correct.

No reason to abandon ORBX Global and OLC yet. But for ORBX Global Buildings HD, Trees HD, and Terra Flora it might be worth to first check out whether you like default PBR or not.

But I am very happy that we got a new update. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

I can see that Orbx has taken over the thread...

Can anyone please confirm whether performance has improved or got worse with the latest update (assuming you kept the same settings, of course)?

Unfortunately I can't try it myself yet as there is no compatibility fix for the maddog yet, and it might break other addons as well before the devs confirm no compatibility issues. 

13 hours ago, AppleUK said:

Wow, a pretty substantial update. 

"Program threads including the main and rendering thread can now be specified to run on a different logical processor."

Looking forward to see how performance is! 

I would love to try it but don't think FSLabs will be compatible

Very much looking forward to it as well. But afraid the A32X seem to disrupt the P3D threading system similar to when trying to change the affinity when the sim is running. So unless a no HT equivalent AM is used the FSL causes an unwarranted performance drop to the sim. If they are able to improve the thread handling method of their own processes in the next update hopefully will be able to performance benefit from this new facility in 5.3.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flyinggok said:

Their approach of how they support exisiting P3D customer is just disgusting for my taste.... We are buying their products, giving them money and now, cause only they are mainly supporting MSFS they say  "f* P3D customers, if you dont give us mony anymore, we are not interested in you anymore" I do understand it from a economical sight but its at all still unfair.

I am happy to see that other Devs are taking another approach for P3D customers.

I agree. It's not like its a new version of P3D, it's an update. They should support customers until P3D V6 is released.

Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.........

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

🛩️ Brian Houghton

System: P3D V5.3 HF2, Intel i7-9700K o/c to 4.5Ghz, Nvidia RTX 3080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD, 2x1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, MSI Z390 M/B, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 2133 Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit 21H2,Samsung UHD 43" LED TV, Benq 27" HD monitor.

2nd PC: Networked for atc, charts, and streaming. Intel i7 4790k 4 Ghz, Nvidia GTX 2070 Super, Samsung 970 Evo, 2x sata drives, MSI Z970 M/B, 32Gb G.skills DDR3 Ram, Win 10 Pro 21H2, 2x Benq 27" Monitors

39 minutes ago, Ikarus280 said:

Can anyone please confirm whether performance has improved or got worse with the latest update (assuming you kept the same settings, of course)?

I have done some basic testing and it certainly hasn't gotten worse on my rig, but it didn't improve massively either. I'd say about the same.

• Like 1

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

56 minutes ago, alepro21 said:

Still can't find how to assign the rendering core. I figured it would be a cfg file edit, but there is no mention of this in the learning center -> Getting Help -> Advanced Configuration.

Did anyone find it?

I couldn't find anything in the learning center, but if you examine the prepared cfg there are new entries under the [Jobscheduler] heading:

P3DCoreAffinityMask

MainThreadScheduler

RenderThreadSceduler

FrameWorkerThreadScheduler

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

How is VRAM usage of 5.3 compared to 5.2 and 5.1? Has it been improved? 

Edited by 737freak

Henk de Vries

1 minute ago, 737freak said:

How is VRAM usage of 5.3 compared to 5.2 and 5.1? Had it been improved? 

Difficult to tell definitively at present, but it seems to me to be remarkably good, even maxed out I struggle to get it to use more than 1/3 of mine....

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

59 minutes ago, Ikarus280 said:

Unfortunately I can't try it myself yet as there is no compatibility fix for the maddog yet, and it might break other addons as well before the devs confirm no compatibility issues. 

The Maddog v5.3 compatibility update was released a few hours ago.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

1 hour ago, Ikarus280 said:

With the same settings, I lost 8 FPS, but in reality, they are now only a number. I still have very smooth animation,  better visuals...and more content. So...yeah, I lost 8 FPS, but did not lose anything to where it counts...sim fluidity.

Just now, Sesquashtoo said:

With the same settings, I lost 8 FPS, but in reality, they are now only a number. I still have very smooth animation,  better visuals...and more content. So...yeah, I lost 8 FPS, but did not lose anything to where it counts...sim fluidity.

What were your FPS before you lost 8, and are you running with locked FPS or unlimited?

23 minutes ago, 737freak said:

How is VRAM usage of 5.3 compared to 5.2 and 5.1? Has it been improved? 

I find on my system same settings, 1 GB's more. I usually cruised around 4.2 in E.A. but now am at 5.2/.5

2 minutes ago, Ikarus280 said:

What were your FPS before you lost 8, and are you running with locked FPS or unlimited?

I had a locked 30 constant, but now with the same locked 30, I render between 17-30 but mostly see 22-24 FPS.  So, truly it's an apple to apple, as I adjusted nothing in the sim or the nVidia driver app. Again though, I state that even at 17, there is no stutter, chunk, pause..merely very fluid plane animation. So...the FPS number is only now a curiosity, and not a flag to possible sim jag.

Edited by Sesquashtoo