Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D v5.3 released

10 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If others want to experiment and report their findings I’m sure many of us who are hesitant to update will appreciate their efforts.

I tried the settings I posted yesterday for my own use, but work intervened and I was unable to establish any results conclusively yet.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

4 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

And no doubt Mr Kok would spend his entire week remote troubleshooting Aerosoft add-ons for customers 😁 (for nothing of course, other than the warm fuzzy feeling you get from satisfied customers 😛)

lol

No runway lights in VR...

Sorry if this has been brought up already but, Is anyone else not seeing runway/apron lighting in VR with 5.3? 

I'm running Oculus Quest 2 with Orbx addons

Thanks in advance

Edited by D-man
more detail added

Just to let you all know: Your enthusiasm (and MSFS's recurrent temp spike bug of 240 Celsius above FL240...) made me spend my entire day reinstalling P3D! However just loading the 737 and GSX-ing a bit made me really feel like home 🙂
I think it's time for a couple of weeks/months of P3D serious airliner flying. MSFS is the future, but sometimes I need that good old safe harbor of P3D, free of any serverside bugs and what else.

17 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

I tried the settings I posted yesterday for my own use, but work intervened and I was unable to establish any results conclusively yet.

It's a pity you don't have my CPU as the number of cores is very different on yours.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

15 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I wonder what the feedback from their beta testers told them?

This looks to be one to leave alone until the experts come up with a strategy that helps users with their settings. Expect numerous YT videos to follow in the days / weeks to come.

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.  5.3 is not viable (for me) in its current iteration - too many performance issues to work out, and with frame rates in the single digits, it was practically unusable. Not to mention I had cockpit texture issues w/ PMDG for some reason - the entire cockpit was black!  Fortunately when I reverted the client back to 5.2 performance was restored (cockpit textures too) and I am now back in the skies w/ frame rates in the high 40's.  I will sit on the side lines until these issues are sorted.

Zachary Kerr

"I fly a fake plane on my computer and I love it!"

5 minutes ago, zkerr8 said:

Not to mention I had cockpit texture issues w/ PMDG for some reason - the entire cockpit was black! 

Did you clear the shaders folder?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It's a pity you don't have my CPU as the number of cores is very different on yours.

I could always mask off some of my cores to emulate your core count, what I can't do is account for any difference in the cores themselves.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

9 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

I could always mask off some of my cores to emulate your core count, what I can't do is account for any difference in the cores themselves.

I appreciate the offer Kev but let's wait until you've completed your tests and established if the new release is faster than 5.2HF1.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

NGXu, default airport, default weather, no traffic, same settings, not GPu limited, vsync off, unlimited

So, I tried:

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=349525
P3DCoreAffinityMask=21845
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=2
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=4

52fps

Desktop-Screenshot-2021-12-03-14-32-19-9

Then:

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=21845
P3DCoreAffinityMask=21845
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=2
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=4

52fps

Desktop-Screenshot-2021-12-03-14-38-41-8

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 1

xaP1VAU.png

16 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

NGXu, default airport, default weather, no traffic, same settings, not GPu limited, vsync off, unlimited

So, I tried:

Any thoughts or conclusions yet?

Thanks.

Edited by Dirk98

2 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Any thoughts or conclusions yet?

Thanks.

Just loading a flight with different cfg settings seems to produce no discernible difference.  I need to enquire at LM but am busy on the school run!

xaP1VAU.png

4 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Just loading a flight with different cfg settings seems to produce no discernible difference.  I need to enquire at LM but am busy on the school run!

How about performance compared with v5.2?

Am still in the process of setting up my Install, but no problems for me so far. I have heeded other advice on this forum and not turned on road traffic (not that I looked at it much anyway). Loaded in at Simwings EGLL and so far FPS is comparable to 5.2

I did a clean install because of a mso20win32client.dll problem that was dogging my 5.2 install, which may be helping things.

Edited by SimeonWilbury

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

41 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

How about performance compared with v5.2?

No hard comparable data to go by from me sorry.

Anecdotally, feels about the same.  In all my aircraft I fly the most, I can maintain 50fps vsynced.  Its really only the NGXu that slips below that.

EDIT: Ive asked Beau here about my test New Job Scheduler Entries - Prepar3D Forums

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 1

xaP1VAU.png