Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D v5.3 released

@coastaldriver, out of interest try 63 as your AM.

But before doing that setup a test with weather of cold front and no Ai. Slew up to 400ft at a complex airport and then slew through 360° keeping a close eye on the frame rate.

Save the scenario, change the AM and repeat the test. Any difference? The second test uses only 6 of your 12 cores.

That is an objective test rather than subjective. It should be easier to determine which is better.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I am still using P3Dv4.5HF2. I know that Kevin would probably send the bailiffs around to force me to upgrade to v5 if he could, but I am not convinced that it would be worth it with my i5 7600k/6GB GTX 980Ti powered system. I suspect that the new "core assignment" feature in v5.3 would be essentially worthless with only four cores to choose from. I personally feel that my best bet is to enjoy what I have right now, and wait to see what P3Dv6 has to offer when it arrives :smile:

Same here Chris. All my ORBX airports, Milviz aircraft and JustFlight aircraft work perfect. Love all the V4 sales too. I feel like I’m gettin’ away with something while everyone else is workin’ way too hard. 😁

Edited by newtie
Sp
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, zkerr8 said:

You and me both. Hard to believe it’s the end of an era…..but as soon as my favorite developers release my favorite tubeliners for msfs, i am off to greener pastures, no looking back. Until then, 5.2 is perfect for my needs. 

Yeah, just finishing up loading in v5.2 Scenery.  I had some minor issues with low ATC voice volume..but everything ran well, kept my 30 fps..and had traffic at 20 percent. So...shortly will do the Orbx tap dance again with GLOBAL, do a resync and move forward.  I'm not upgrading my system, so it appears for me, that v5.2.22.27615 will be my final P3D product install.  That's ok, I liked it very much, and will continue to... Cheers!

Uninstalled old version Scenery, Content, Client and installed v5.3.  Splash screen loads --> I click 'OK' to load flight then i get CTD with no message....  this screen loads....

spacer.png

then CTD without any message at all..... any ideas what my issue is?

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

@IAhawkeyeDDS

Wish I could give you the correct answer right away, but just based on your description, I wonder if you forgot to uninstall the top entry app. Here's what worked for me. I had P3D5.2. 

1. Deleted the P3D 5.2 shaders folder
  2. Using Windows' "Add or Remove Programs" app, uninstalled the P3D v5 client and when asked if I  want to deactivate P3D v5, answered "No"
  3. Also using "Add or Remove Programs", I uninstalled content, scenery, and finally the top P3D v5 entry.
  4. Downloaded the full P3D 5.3 installer, extracted it to the desktop, and ran it as Administrator.
  5. Using Orbx Central, ran the Settings -> Help -> Sync Simulator since I have all the Orbx stuff installed outside the P3D main folder. 

So far, everything runs OK. I'm sure others may have a better suggestion for you. Hope it all works for you soon. 

Dave

Edited by David Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

27 minutes ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

Uninstalled old version Scenery, Content, Client and installed v5.3.  Splash screen loads --> I click 'OK' to load flight then i get CTD with no message....  this screen loads....

spacer.png

If you have FSL installed make sure you have the updated version.

44 minutes ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

spacer.png

Also navigate to the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\SceneryIndexes_x64

And delete everything in there before starting the sim. I found clearing scenery index files have solved odd issues in FSX, P3D and yes even MSFS. So Indexes and shader cache after update. Hope that helps. 

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@coastaldriver, out of interest try 63 as your AM.

But before doing that setup a test with weather of cold front and no Ai. Slew up to 400ft at a complex airport and then slew through 360° keeping a close eye on the frame rate.

Save the scenario, change the AM and repeat the test. Any difference? The second test uses only 6 of your 12 cores.

That is an objective test rather than subjective. It should be easier to determine which is better.

Ok I will give that a go see what the outcome is on my system.

1 hour ago, FrankSalo said:

Also navigate to the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\SceneryIndexes_x64

And delete everything in there before starting the sim. I found clearing scenery index files have solved odd issues in FSX, P3D and yes even MSFS. So Indexes and shader cache after update. Hope that helps. 

Yeah its something in the Add ons folder.  If I move all of the old contents from it I can get a flight to start with issue.  Now I'll start to add thing back to it (add on folder) and see which add on causes the issue to arise again.

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Ray (et al) with my AM set at 4095 as per LM intial P3D setup. Using your scenario - No AI, Airport NZAA (Flight Beam) Cold Front weather set and my old trusty DC-8 as the aircraft

On Ground VC view FPS 21.7 VRAM 3.7 External 29.9 FPS and VRAM 4.1

400 ft FPS VC FPS 20.6 VRMA 4.1 External View FPS 30 VRAM 4.1 Slew 360 varied FPS from 12 to 20 no change to VRAM 4.1

Now with AM set to 63 (Same Scenario)

On Ground VC view FPS 23 VRAM 4.1

400 ft FPS 29.9 VRAM 3.7 Slewing 360 degrees FPS varied from 11.8 to 29. VRAM constant at 3.7

So it gives me a marginal improvement in FPS in VC mode but a large increas in FPS in external view and a slight increase in VRAM and no change to FPS at 400ft but VRAM demand still goes up slightly - compared to the standard LM AM they set for this CPU GPU. 

• Like 1

I am getting way better performance in v5.3. At latinvfr kfll with the FSLabs 321 SL, a scenario which would give me an average of 22 FPS in 5.2 is now giving me an average of 35 FPS with the same settings.

Another scenario - Latin vfr kfll, FSLabs 321 SL, VR enabled, I’d get 11 FPS average (unflyable). Now I am getting a solid 23 FPS average. I am amazed at the performance increase on my old i7 2600k overclocked to 4.5 ghz.

I fully uninstalled v5.2 as well as all of my addons and re-installed from a clean slate. I usually just update, but I had some corrupt scenery files from orbx, so decided to start fresh. Not sure if this might make the difference between those suffering from performance issues vs those that see big performance gains.

Note - I have all traffic disabled. But these are the same settings I used to use in v5.2.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

19 minutes ago, kjjj11223344 said:

I am getting way better performance in v5.3. At latinvfr kfll with the FSLabs 321 SL, a scenario which would give me an average of 22 FPS in 5.2 is now giving me an average of 35 FPS with the same settings.

Another scenario - Latin vfr kfll, FSLabs 321 SL, VR enabled, I’d get 11 FPS average (unflyable). Now I am getting a solid 23 FPS average. I am amazed at the performance increase on my old i7 2600k overclocked to 4.5 ghz.

I fully uninstalled v5.2 as well as all of my addons and re-installed from a clean slate. I usually just update, but I had some corrupt scenery files from orbx, so decided to start fresh. Not sure if this might make the difference between those suffering from performance issues vs those that see big performance gains.

Note - I have all traffic disabled. But these are the same settings I used to use in v5.2.

I'm doing the same.  I tried the shortcut install (content,scenery,and client) am not seeing any benefit to 5.3 in visuals or performance like I thought I would.  Thinking starting from scratch would be better.  Are you using EA or legacy clouds?  Peformance with EA clouds was no good when I tested it.

Edited by okupton

Orman

Well, I'm back on the last version of v5.2, and I can tell you that running v5.3 on my system used about 100 percent more system resources than what v5.2.22 consumes at the same settings. To put it another way, I am only using 50 percent of my CPU/GPU resources to run v 5.2.22 over v5.3.0.

For instance, at the same settings in each sim,  v5.3 consumed 4.5 GB's of Vram

P3D v5.2.22 consumed 2.4 Gb's of Vram.

I have 32 constant FPS with v5.2.22 and had around 17-22 always fluctuation with v5.3.

I really find it hard to see any true visual difference now between the two, actually, so for myself,  with great P3D performance back...will obviously stay with the last version of v5.2.  All good...and back to great P3D performance with the sim maxed right out.  Looks great. Max'ed out, and running solid at 32 FPS.

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Well, I'm back on the last version of v5.2, and I can tell you that running v5.3 on my system used about 100 percent more system resources than what v5.2.22 consumes at the same settings. To put it another way, I am only using 50 percent of my CPU/GPU resources to run v 5.2.22 over v5.3.0.

For instance, at the same settings in each sim,  v5.3 consumed 4.5 Vram

P3D v5.2.22 consumed 2.4 Vram.

I have 32 constant FPS with v5.2.22 and had around 17-22 always fluctuation with v5.3.

I really find it hard to see any true visual difference now between the two, actually, so for myself,  with great P3D performance back...will obviously stay with the last version of v5.2.  All good...and back to great P3D performance with the sim maxed right out.  Looks great.

Curious about your system specs.

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

Absolutely no issues with 5.3 here. Slight performance increase. I haven’t bothered with AM since it’s butter smooth for me on default. 

i9-12900k, RTX 2080ti, 32gb DDR5 

Have now locked FPS for the simple reason that the PC stays whisper quiet then. 

Edited by flycln