Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D v5.3 released

37 minutes ago, okupton said:

I'm doing the same.  I tried the shortcut install (content,scenery,and client) am not seeing any benefit to 5.3 in visuals or performance like I thought I would.  Thinking starting from scratch would be better.  Are you using EA or legacy clouds?  Peformance with EA clouds was no good when I tested it.

I am not using EA nor any traffic. However, these are the same settings as I had in 5.2.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Ian, I can answer this bit. If you don’t understand binary this is how it works.

Open any calculator and choose programmer mode. Make sure the DECimal option is selected.

Enter 15 and then select the BIN option. BIN is short for binary. The lowest level of computer code. Something is either on or off. 1 = on; 0 = off.

The BIN option will show 1111. That means your CPU has four cores and each one is on. So P3D will use all four cores.

If you wanted it to use only the first three you would enter 1110. You read from right to left - not left to right.

So if we enter 0111 into the calculator in BIN mode and then select DEC the answer is 7. AffinityMask =7.

Hope that helps.

Yes, thanks I understand that but when I run the sim I see that it does not seem to be using the virtual cores. I think it should be showing 8 (4 plus4). How do I do that?

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

8 hours ago, coastaldriver said:

Ok I will give that a go see what the outcome is on my system.

One extra tip for your test. If you have FSUIPC shut down P3D after the test and look at the FSUIPC log. At the end it shows min, max and average fps.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

Yes, thanks I understand that but when I run the sim I see that it does not seem to be using the virtual cores. I think it should be showing 8 (4 plus4). How do I do that?

Can you provide a screenshot of Task Manager Performance tab.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 hours ago, coastaldriver said:

So it gives me a marginal improvement in FPS in VC mode but a large increas in FPS in external view and a slight increase in VRAM and no change to FPS at 400ft but VRAM demand still goes up slightly - compared to the standard LM AM they set for this CPU GPU. 

Given you control the aircraft inside the VC rather than externally the change of cores in use isn’t making that much difference. Interesting exercise, thanks. 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Mach Loop JF Hawk P3D 5.3

https://youtu.be/EOEHEKmHDJk

For this run all three of the schedulers are running on separate cores. Note on the overlay that core 0 (main thread) is always below 100% and the framerate stays at a smooth 50fps throughout.

However core 2 (render thread) maxes out at 100% a lot of the time.

Where there's heavy load you should really be aiming for separation of all three major threads onto separate physical cores or else they will end up competing for CPU time = stutters/ok impaired performance.

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 2

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

7 hours ago, rickgo said:

Curious about your system specs.

Dell XPS 730x

12 GB's (hard limit on my M.B.) of high speed 3rdP System RAM

Sim running off a 10,000 rpm Velociraptor, fully defragged

GPU:  EVGA GTX 1070 FTW (non Ti) 8GB's

CPU: i7-980 Extreme overclocked to 4.4 Ghz's

Runs P3D v5.2.,22 like a champ..all sliders in every section to the right, except for E.A. V clouds to High and getting a constant 32 FPS.  Oh...the only other thing not fully to the right...but always set to, was Traffic set to 20 percent on the slider. But everything else, that contributes to the detail of the visuals...is set to the right of their potential.  All that...with the above system spec's can keep a healthy 32 FPS going.  With v5.3 I was struggling to keep it from dropping to 12/15 FPS. It was demanding too much for my current system.  Just to mention,  MSFS runs also, like a champ with FULL ULTRA and puts out a constant 29/30 FPS.   So, I do scratch my head over P3D's v5.3 running on the same specs as P3D v5.2, MSFS, and XP11, whom all run like a champ.  Weird at this time, to say the least!

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Is anyone like me also struggling with more microstuttering in 5.3? (traffic disabled, same settings as in v5)

So far, my start with 5.3 is a bit rough and I have reverted to the 5.2 client for the moment, which at least cured the microstuttering. 

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

8 minutes ago, Wolkenschreck said:

Is anyone like me also struggling with more microstuttering in 5.3? (traffic disabled, same settings as in v5)

So far, my start with 5.3 is a bit rough and I have reverted to the 5.2 client for the moment, which at least cured the microstuttering. 

Nope, smooth as a baby's bum

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

22 minutes ago, Wolkenschreck said:

So, you are running with the v5.2 Client, but have both v5.3 Scenery and Content still installed?   P3D comes up running?

Seems like  an improvement visually so far.

Uninstalled the three and ran the setup.exe. all addons intact , even DD design in scenery/addons. It seems.

Very smooth

Michael Moe

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

45 minutes ago, Wolkenschreck said:

My CPU is a 7700K. I find P3D stutters with hyperthreading enabled..I disable it when using P3D and enable it for MSFS.

• Like 1

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

39 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

So, you are running with the v5.2 Client, but have both v5.3 Scenery and Content still installed?   P3D comes up running?

I am too. I updated the client, content and scenery to 5.3. But when i went to downgrade back to 5.2, i only found legacy client files on Prepar3ds site, so i was forced to keep the latest files for content and scenery. It all seems to work fine. 

• Like 1

Zachary Kerr

"I fly a fake plane on my computer and I love it!"

Best version of P3D so far for me. Unbelievable smooth, no stutters even with complex aircraft on large ariports with a lot of weather and traffic.  Very nice lighting, clouds and colors. I'm very happy. 

Made a clean install of 5.3 as recommended.

• Like 4