Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D v5.3 released

10700K here and this is what I have....After deleting originally.

But I think something is wrong or different:

[JobScheduler]
;AffinityMask=65535
P3DCoreAffinityMask=65535
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=2
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=4
AffinityMask=65535
;AffinityMask=65535    ?

Not sure why I have (;) in front of the line? Or why is double entry. Comparing with what I've seen this looks differently.

Any idea?

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

Hi:

Can somebody please verify the correct way to install this update.  I've read the post on LM P3D site but I don't understand why it wants me to run the full installer if I'm not fully uninstalling v5.2.

Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

anyone have t2g LFPG v2 in P3d5.3?  On my PC, the dynamic lights now have a blue box around them until I get closer than the box disappears and all looks normal.  Something related to the new PBR effects and distance maybe?

Orman

2 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Hi:

Can somebody please verify the correct way to install this update.  I've read the post on LM P3D site but I don't understand why it wants me to run the full installer if I'm not fully uninstalling v5.2.

Thanks.

The reason is that all three main parts of the P3D program have been all updated and changed - client, content and scenery so that is why it saying uninstall these so the update and complete new client, content and scenery can then be installed properly.

The process is to use the WIN10 App install/uninstall function. When you open the APP menu you will see there three P3D apps - content, client and scenery. Just select the uninstall for the apps or P3D in that sequence. When the client part of the program uninstalls it happens it will prompt you asking you do you wish to deactivate the license - say NO to deactivate the license. That way you will not need to then reactivate your P3D via LM nor should you need to reinstall addons models etc.  What should occur is that any addon content in the documents files and any other addons you have in the main P3D folder will remain there - just P3D the application and is relevant program directoriies and files are removed. 

Then do the installation via the P3D exe for the setup. The install application will then proceed to do the installation automatically and you will end up with V5.3 with all your addons still there and ready to go. The only external updates you will then need to do will be to external programs such as ORBX Global, Vector because the new version of P3D will have overwritten the ORBX files which in turn ORBX will again overwrite if you update via verify using ORBX central and then use the help function there to synchronise the scenery config. If your not an ORBX user it does not matter. 

When the uninstall happens the uninstall application will only remove the LM files not all the ones you have added and the various folders etc they were put into so when it is uninstalled you will see you should still have a P3D main folder with a bunch of directories still there that contain addon info and files. 

The setup will automatically find all these addons etc and indexing them back in as it rebuilds and installs the application. So you should see the updated sim when you first start with all your old models and scenery stil lthere and ready to go. 

Word of warning - V5.3 needs about another or additional 45GB of disk space compared to the previous installation, so make sure that is available on your hard drive or the drive you have P3D installed on. 

Edited by coastaldriver
  • Like 3

Hi, major noob question.  I have read all the pages in the thread.  I have 6 core 12 threads (HT on), 11600k, what would be the ideal Affinity for this?  I have never adjusted it and have just let windows do it's thing in the past.  I use VR with oculus overhead via link, but otherwise, just PMDG, orbx, and additional airports. On 5.2 still, but looking into the 5.3 if I can get the affinity settings clear in my head.

Edited by simon747

Simon

On 12/5/2021 at 4:56 AM, Shomron said:

I think ORBX are working on a version as well...?

What's the 'issue with orbx'.? 

A friend of mine updated to 5.3 at the weekend and had to remove Orbx stuff due to proformance issues. 

He's a very tech savvy guy so I believe he's right,and don't want to install 5.3 if there's an issue with Orbx 

Thanks 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

What's the 'issue with orbx'.? 

A friend of mine updated to 5.3 at the weekend and had to remove Orbx stuff due to proformance issues. 

He's a very tech savvy guy so I believe he's right,and don't want to install 5.3 if there's an issue with Orbx 

Thanks 

Hi Fluff,

I have everything Orbx, all installed outside P3D on its own drive and I upgraded from 5.2 HF1 to 5.3 following this advice:

https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/192424-installing-a-p3d-v5-hotfix-or-update-correctly/

I have no issues at all and in fact I have a demonstrable performance improvement with 5.3. I am delighted with it except they still have not fixed the awful AA but that is another thread 😊

User experience could certainly be hardware related. I have a COVID PC, that I built during the lockdowns we had in my part of the world for something to do to amuse myself when I was not working from home.

Intel i7 11700K CPU OC 4.8G + Corsair H100X Water Cooler + MSI Z590 Pro WiFi motherboard + Kingston  32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz + 256G Samsung 950 Pro 2200mb/s + 2 x 1TB HDD Seagate 7200rpm + Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6X Video Card+ Matrexx RGB Case + 28" ASUS  MG28UQ HD 4K Monitor + Windows 11 Professional 64 + Cooler Master 850w Plus Gold Power

Hope all is good at VIR… we are just getting back to INTL flying at QFA… did my first DEL plan today 😊

Regards,

Mark

On 12/5/2021 at 10:23 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Any link to that?

Hi Ray, maybe of the hot discussion about the processor affinity , it seems no one else got noticed this important step BACK of LM. May it´s an idea to stick it to the forum somehow.

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

23 minutes ago, BerndB said:

Hi Ray, maybe of the hot discussion about the processor affinity , it seems no one else got noticed this important step BACK of LM. May it´s an idea to stick it to the forum somehow.

Thanks for the link. I don’t fly at night and have EA set to off.

Backing up critical files now and updating shortly.

Not sure it requires a sticky topic. What do you think @charliearon

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 12/5/2021 at 2:00 PM, Soeren Jensen said:

Oh sorry, it`s getting late here 🙂 

The question was for you about the RXP Garmin GTN. If you have got it working in P3D V 5.3 

9 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks for the link. I don’t fly at night and have EA set to off.

Backing up critical files now and updating shortly.

Not sure it requires a sticky topic. What do you think @charliearon

Let me explain: When LM introduced EA i´ve decided not to switch over to it, only because the new volumetric clouds are unrealistic. Not the single cloudmodel but the engine and all it lacks like no real transitions between weather zones, etc.) 

After LM´s implementation of the legacy cloud model to use it within EA i could change to the new EA mode, because it´s skyfield and the athmosperic lighting and scattering is much more realistic. But what´s left now for EA?? 

If i would have knowed this before, i would NOT update to 5.3 because 5.2HF1 is running nice already. May be there others who would save their time i upgrading. 

Edited by BerndB

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

@BerndB,

I see you already created one. Topic pinned.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I've updated to v5.3.

5.2 Client uninstalled followed by uninstall of main P3Dv5.2 entry in Control Panel.

Before doing that I performed my fps test at EGLL with both the Carenado PC12 (C&D) and the PMDG737NGu (systems running). I ran tests for both aircraft with VSync OFF and No AI to see the maximum fps possible for my settings.

The same test was performed 3 times at the same local time (12:00) to ensure consistency. After each test I opened FSUIPC.log and read the average fps for the session. That removes all subjectivity from the test.

I then installed v5.3 to the same location and ran exactly the same tests. I didn't delete prepar3d.cfg or the shaders folder but when P3D first started it showed a rebuilt of initial shaders.

Here are the averages for 3 tests of each scenario. The 5.3 results are in brackets.

Carenado PC12 (C&D); No VSync, no Ai. Avg fps = 67.6 (81.4) Performance increase = 20.4%

PMDG737NGXu (systems running); No VSync, No Ai. Avg fps = 53.3 (64.7) Performance Increase 27%

I have to say I'm very surprised by this increase but I was very careful with my tests. The only thing I didn't do was touch any ORBX software. I have FTX Global and AUS v2 and haven't reinstalled either. Relocating to Sydney I can see some black squares in map view so it looks like I need to Verify both packages to resolve that.

Now if after doing that the frame rates reduce then it looks like Orbx may need to do something with their textures as they may not be fully compatible with v5.3.

As I have HT turned off these are the entries in my prepar3d.cfg file. All look okay with my 6 core CPU.

[JobScheduler]
AffinityMask=63
P3DCoreAffinityMask=63
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=2
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=4

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I shall be doing my first inter-continental flight this week. I have so far got everything up and running and am still using RTSS to get a fair comparison.

I sync'd ORBX, which seemed to work and have have no problems so far . My test was to take off from EGLC with TE England South in a PMDG 747.

GPU use was 6.5/7.1 and FPS limited to 30 was around 20-22. Not checked in FSUIPC. Just took off and flew east for about 10 minutes.

Scenery looks very much better and PC is reasonably smooth, if I said no stutters it would be a fib.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

10 hours ago, coastaldriver said:

The process is to use the WIN10 App install/uninstall function. When you open the APP menu you will see there three P3D apps - content, client and scenery. Just select the uninstall for the apps or P3D in that sequence. When the client part of the program uninstalls it happens it will prompt you asking you do you wish to deactivate the license - say NO to deactivate the license. That way you will not need to then reactivate your P3D via LM nor should you need to reinstall addons models etc.  What should occur is that any addon content in the documents files and any other addons you have in the main P3D folder will remain there - just P3D the application and is relevant program directoriies and files are removed. 

Hi Coastaldriver,

I am also planning to update my current P3D 5.1 to ver. 5.3. One thing I am still unsure of is this: Must I uninstall the "Prepar3D v5 Academic" app as well as Client, Content & Scenery apps? 

Thanks,

Raymie