Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D v5.3 released

55 minutes ago, SteveW said:

6700K is a quad core CPU with HyperThreading (HT) which gives 4 physical cores or Logical Processors (LPs) or with HT enabled you have 8 LPs on four cores.

8 LPs all on =11,11,11,11 or decimal 255. Decimal 256 (=01,00,00,00,00) will not fit on 8 LPs you need more than 4 cores for that and in any case would only enable one LP.

With HT disabled 4 cores = 1111 = decimal 15

Steve, that 'fellow expert' was me. And I don't count myself anywhere near your knowledge league!

@IanHarrisonI recommended 246 in error.

Sorry Ian, I meant 245, was a typo!

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

20 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

not bad at all once you fix that OBX file issue they missed.

Do you mind sharing this fix?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, kevinfirth said:

Steve, that 'fellow expert' was me. And I don't count myself anywhere near your knowledge league!

@IanHarrisonI recommended 246 in error.

Sorry Ian, I meant 245, was a typo!

OK Kevin, apology accepted🤓. 245 =10101111 which is what I managed to work out eventually with Process Lasso.. That is why it kept reverting to 255, I suppose.

I am doing a long flight tomorrow, after spending a couple of days sorting out why my QOTS II wasn't accepting updates for the Airac. Hopefully all will now work nicely. 

Edited by IanHarrison
mis -typed.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

12 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

OK Kevin, apology accepted🤓. 245 =10101111 which is what I managed to work out eventually with Process Lasso.. That is why it kept reverting to 255, I suppose.

I am doing a long flight tomorrow, after spending a couple of days sorting out why my QOTS II wasn't accepting updates for the Airac. Hopefully all will now work nicely. 

Sorry I mis read your post as being 256, I see now it was 246=11110110 (8 binary digits) which should be OK on 4 cores and HT enabled (8LPs). 245=11110101 (least significant bit LP 0 is on the right as we do with regular numbers. Simply type the desired ones and zeros into Windows Calculator BIN field (Programmer mode) with the LP0 on the right and LP7 on the left..

Edited by SteveW

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

8 hours ago, SteveW said:

Cores - physical logical or virtual?

Each physical core represents one logical processor, and with Hyperthreading available and enabled (for the common desktop processors), each physical core represents (or emulates) two logical processors. This is not one physical and one virtual core but rather each HT core emulates two logical (or virtual) cores when HT is enabled.

Thread Director and Windows 11

With the latest Intel 12th gen CPUs (e.g. 12900, 12700, 12600) these include new functionality called the "Thread Director". This feeds telemetry data to Windows 11 operating systems and above so that the JobScheduler can work out where threads might better be located in real time.

However the way Prepar3D works this will use the Prepar3D.cfg that tells the JobScheduler where it wants to locate its tasks and those tasks stay in their positions during the run (unless forced changes through task manager etc.).

So Windows 10 without the thread director would use the P3D affinity settings for the Alder Lake as well?  I am struggling with what to use for a 12700.   

I am using @Rob_Ainscough settings he referenced earlier in the thread and have never had more crispness than with his settings.  -Thank you Rob

[JobScheduler]
AffinityMask=65535
P3DCoreAffinityMask=65535
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=2
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=4

I do also wonder what AA settings people are using, both in NVCP and P3D. My personal GPU paired with the 12700 is a 3080ti.  

Thank you for all the information 

Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I updated to 5.3 today. So far everything seems to be running fine.

I was using an affinity mask before that someone kindly calculated for me on here. I deleted my CFG, and allowed 5.3 to build a new one after installation. I'm not sure if you can use 2 affinity masks or not. The one P3D 5.3 adds, and the same one I used before. I guess trying it and seeing what happens may be an idea.

My performance may be a bit better that before in terms of smoothness, I'm not sure. I did some circuits at KSFO where I've always had stutters, and I still got the stutters at exactly the same points, about 30 feet after take off and about 30 feet before landing.

Edited by WestEnd

Calum Watt

19 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Do you mind sharing this fix?

Thanks.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/986363e9244f0bf4f28972c09e9ffa8b20211206025110/77dc6c9ebea1009f41651d8742d8d72d20211206025201/9fb524?utm_campaign=WT_email_tracking&utm_content=general&utm_medium=download_button&utm_source=notify_recipient_email

although i hear slopped runwways have issues now ??

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

21 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

First flight completed.  VHHH to YPPH. No major jitters, just the odd hiccup now and then.

Locked at 30 fps, average 28.9. Clouds much improved, whole appearance seems crisper and smoother. Sounds greatly improved.

Quite happy with this as a base, I will play with the AM settings to see if any major effect.

I noticed from Task Manager which I had running all flight that cores 5 an 7 were hardly used.

This is the cfg from today.

AffinityMask=246
P3DCoreAffinityMask=246
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=2
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=3

Any comments welcomed.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

though i hear slopped runwways have issues now ??

Yes, confirmed. Causes major stuttering at airports that have a slope in the afcad. Aerosoft EDDF for one. LM asked Mathis for a copy of EDDF and he provided them one. LM is aware of the bug. 

• Like 1

Eric 

On the 18 core / 36 LP CPU 9980Xe, for P3D to use all 36 LPs would require an AM=68,719,476,735. However, when this value (or zero) is used for the AffinityMask the number is truncated to 32 LPs = 4,294,967,295. So at the moment P3D v5.3 can only use up to 32 LPs.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I have upgraded my P3D from 5.1 to 5.3 and now I get these blue light effects during the day. Any idea what could cause this?

I followed the P3D uninstall& upgrade instructions as posed here in this thread and as per the thread on the Orbx forums.

I can only find this topic about a similar issue with 5.3, but sadly no replies:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=143982

Thanks in advance!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edit; disregard, fixed by updating EnvShade to the latest version.

Edited by 737freak
Edit; disregard, fixed by updating EnvShade to the latest version.

Henk de Vries

Had a good read of this topic - only things that concern me about updating to 5.3 are the possibility of long stutters as mentioned here (https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6315&t=143918&start=45) & the night sky star issue.

5.2 works perfectly on my machine atm, my question is... is it easy to revert back to 5.2 if I experience stutters / other issues etc? (& how?)

Many thanks...great to see the continued updates to this awesome sim!

Rich

Freemesh (or other mesh product) is needed?

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4

17 hours ago, B777ER said:

Yes, confirmed. Causes major stuttering at airports that have a slope in the afcad. Aerosoft EDDF for one. LM asked Mathis for a copy of EDDF and he provided them one. LM is aware of the bug. 

still baffles me as to how beta testers didnt find it.

sure I get GCTS a beta tester might not find,  but EDDF.   thats got to be in the top 5 busiest airports on vatsim surely, not to mention that one of the testers actually lives in EDDF !!!   Unbelieveable 

any others you know about apart from EDDF and GCTS ?  from reading the LM forumn.  there seems to be issues. I guess for once im lucky and ive not seen any... so far

I just wish they would test things more throughly.  even if it seems delaying a month.   commercial pressure I guess again.

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png