Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D v5.3 released

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

still baffles me as to how beta testers didnt find it.

sure I get GCTS a beta tester might not find,  but EDDF.   thats got to be in the top 5 busiest airports on vatsim surely, not to mention that one of the testers actually lives in EDDF !!!   Unbelieveable 

any others you know about apart from EDDF and GCTS ?  from reading the LM forumn.  there seems to be issues. I guess for once im lucky and ive not seen any... so far

I just wish they would test things more throughly.  even if it seems delaying a month.   commercial pressure I guess again.

Can someone please say where there is a slope in AS EDDF. I have this airport and nowhere do I see a slope!

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

2 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

Can someone please say where there is a slope in AS EDDF. I have this airport and nowhere do I see a slope!

You can remove the slope with ADE.  (So I'm told. ) 

14ppkc-6.png

4 hours ago, romaf12008 said:

Taxiways to 07L/25R

I think my EDDF is sick. If I taxi to that runway, I come across a bridge over a highway but the traffic jumps up onto the taxiway and then down again back onto the road. Doesn't look anything like a slope.

Looks like a fresh install is required.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

5 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

I think my EDDF is sick. If I taxi to that runway, I come across a bridge over a highway but the traffic jumps up onto the taxiway and then down again back onto the road. Doesn't look anything like a slope.

Looks like a fresh install is required.

Same things with traffic bellow bridge at LGAV

On 12/6/2021 at 7:03 PM, F737NG said:

Welcome back, albeit very, very briefly.

Appreciate someone coming over from another forum, not ----posting on here and admitting that it's possible to like more than one sim at a time.

If you do feel like using some of the aircraft gathering dust in your P3D hangar a bit more often, then check out this thread.

You can generate your own freeware photo scenery at a LOD / Zoom Level you like, with water masks and autogen. It needs a little work to set up, time to download the tiles and lots of space on your SSDs, but (IMO) it's so much nicer than landclass.

I recommend using the updated FSEarthTiles to make photoreal for FS9/FSX/P3D. Orth4XP for FSX/P3D is nice, but I am personally using the latest FSEarthtiles (v1.3.1) on my own machine 🙂 (due to better quality, more flexibility, etc).

Edited by kjjj11223344

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

I'm using v5.3.  No issues thus far but I can't say I notice a change (improvement) in perforamce.  Remains the same.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 4

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Hi,

5.3, i see this refelctions over Water over Japan:
Reflections from the sun is complete broken

P3Dv5.3_Sun.Water.reflection.jpg

Edited by Alti
link did not work
  • Like 1

but I can't say I notice a change (improvement) in perforamce.  Remains the same."

Not my experience. Performance fps is better. Still some scenery loading delays. Sound vastly improved. Scenery rendered much better. Clouds improved.

The whole sim looks smoother and crisper.

• Like 2

Have to agree: Performance/smoothnesswise the best P3D ever. Finally that anxious feeling that the sim may crash anytime when changing views is gone, all seems really solid and without any big stutters/delays.
It‘s still FPS heavy for what it looks like visually (I get better FPS in MSFS, go figure), but it‘s a lot better even with PMDG at KJFK with 100% or similar stuff. 

17 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

t‘s still FPS heavy for what it looks like visually (I get better FPS in MSFS, go figure), but it‘s a lot better even with PMDG at KJFK with 100% or similar stuff. 

True, I am also getting way better visuals/FPS wih MSFS. However for now realistic airliner flying on that platform is out of the question, and you have to worry that the next sim update breaks your addons and then who knows how long it takes for the devs to fix it. 

• Like 2

On 12/5/2021 at 2:43 PM, brucewtb said:

Does anyone have some intelligence on whether the F1 GTN 750 will be upgraded for v 5.3?  Not looking very promising.  Could be a show stopper for me.  I'm just not willing to invest more money on the alternative.  I did get the update for EHAM but that will be my last investment for P3D.

Bruce

F1 GTN750 has been updated.

If the Updater does not work for you, you may need to reinstall the software and then run the update after that.

51746790819_cd83018dd3_z.jpg

• Like 2

I didn't touch the sim in nearly a year, and MS in about 4 months, did a total install + Orbx on a new system and have to say I'm quite impressed.

Maybe it's just me because of playing the other sim but the one thing that stood out was the flight dynamics. The one thing that P3D has going is that you feel like your flying, way more than the other sims. If it can remain stable I'll finally be happy with a sim.

• Like 2

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice as to what these mean in my cfg file 

[JobScheduler]
;AffinityMask=4294967295
P3DCoreAffinityMask=4294967295
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=2
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=4
AffinityMask=4294967295
;AffinityMask=4294967295
;AffinityMask=4294967295

I have just ran the install of 5.3 and as i have a 5950x with whatever amd call hyperthreading on, hence the size of the affinity mask but  i have no idea what the ; means that is in front of the AffinityMask lines

does anyone have any ideas? do they need to be there or can i delete them? what  do they do 

many thanks for any advice

Pete Little

They look like multiple instances of the same command that have been disabled (as I assume only one of them is required).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png