;AffinityMask=4294967295
P3DCoreAffinityMask=4294967295
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=2
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=4
AffinityMask=4294967295
;AffinityMask=4294967295
;AffinityMask=4294967295

I have just ran the install of 5.3 and as i have a 5950x with whatever amd call hyperthreading on, hence the size of the affinity mask but  i have no idea what the ; means that is in front of the AffinityMask lines

does anyone have any ideas? do they need to be there or can i delete them? what  do they do 

many thanks for any advice

If you read the thread about 'Horrible FPS' this is all explained. Probably best not to delete these settings (presumably they get recreated if you do) but you may see a benefit by tweaking the settings, although the stutters problem seems to be a bug and not essentially related to AffinityMask settings. The lines with the ; at the start are redundant and can be removed.

I've been tinkering for what seems like days trying to find the "best" AM for me and my results are inconsistent at best while battling microstuttering in windowed mode.  Anyone have suggestions for AM settings for a 12-core/24-thread 5900X that's lead to positive experiences? 

I'm currently trying

[JOBSCHEDULER]	
AffinityMask=5592405
P3DCoreAffinityMask=5592405
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=2
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=4

But I'm not certain it's the smoothest for me.  Thanks.

Edited by CaptKornDog

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

So, when do you think they will release the P3D v5.3 hotfix?

3 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

So, when do you think they will release the P3D v5.3 hotfix?

Last time, the Hotfix came exactly 3 weeks later. That means it could come in two days. But you can no foresee that, since we don't know what they intend to fix and what not and how much time is needed to do this. Then are holidays and maybe it's going to be January.

• Like 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

On 12/19/2021 at 8:56 AM, blaunarwal said:

Last time, the Hotfix came exactly 3 weeks later. That means it could come in two days. But you can no foresee that, since we don't know what they intend to fix and what not and how much time is needed to do this. Then are holidays and maybe it's going to be January.

Was there any mention from LM that they were working on the fix before it got released the last time?

46 minutes ago, Ikarus280 said:

Was there any mention from LM that they were working on the fix before it got released the last time?

Can't remember last time, but this time I remember having read somewhere they are working on a hotfix. Moreover it has become a little bit tradition in recent times, that they hotfix all releases. 

• Upvote 1

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

On 12/19/2021 at 7:56 AM, blaunarwal said:

Last time, the Hotfix came exactly 3 weeks later. That means it could come in two days.

I hope so. I would like to give 5.3 a try, but I decided to wait for the HF.

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, Rafal said:

I hope so. I would like to give 5.3 a try, but I decided to wait for the HF.

Maybe you should even wait another week until all addons are updated to the new version number. I have several, like F1 GTN, Maddog, EnvShade which don't accept new versions.

BTW i just saw Rob McCarthy from LM stated two days ago, they are working on a upcoming hotfix. I hope they fix some things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blaunarwal said:

F1 GTN

Nur mal so nebenbei... I believe that has been updated for 5.3.

• Like 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Maddog and envshade also updated and working. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

Maybe you should even wait another week until all addons are updated to the new version number. I have several, like F1 GTN, Maddog, EnvShade which don't accept new versions.

BTW i just saw Rob McCarthy from LM stated two days ago, they are working on a upcoming hotfix. I hope they fix some things.

Envshade received an update and is 5.3 ready

6 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Nur mal so nebenbei... I believe that has been updated for 5.3.

Yes it has, but not on day 1 of 5.3. 

5 hours ago, qualio said:

Envshade received an update and is 5.3 ready

Yes, if you´d read my post you see this is an unecessary post.

Hi all. Took a couple months off from sims due to family issues but now got sidelined at work by COVID and stuck at home for a couple of weeks. Was surprised to find 5.3 came out. Uninstalled 5.2 and everything that wasn’t external install. Put on 5.3 (no config file tweaks at all). This is the best P3D has performed and looked. I got a slight performance boost while I upped the settings. Hovering around 40 FPS on most things. PMDG about 30-35. I am very happy. Can’t think of flying anything else right now, very much falling in love with P3D again.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Wow, well done LM's P3D team. Big performance improvements!! I've installed 5.3 and can confirm that it's running very high settings very well! 👏

I'm running EVGA FTW 3080ti, an i9-11900k CPU with 64GB of memory. It actually feels like I'm getting the performance my system deserves. Very happy about this release, kudos to the developers involved!

This update should hopefully bring back any P3D users who converted to MSFS 2020. I have both and prefer P3D (especially v5.3).

Edited by Sea2Sky
  • Like 3