Sign in to follow this  
Guest flaflyer2

A new question for a new package

Guest flaflyer2

Hi everybody, I just checked out the new AI Mexico package that is in the library today and I see it works for fsx. I used this in fs 2004 and it works great, even if you don't fly in mexico. The "problem" is that I am a loyal World Of Ai customer and I want them to be the main ai provider. The AI Mexico package has some good planes and good models that may never be done by World Of Ai so it's tempting. My question is aimed at having the best of both worlds, Can I easily take out the AI Mexico traffic for certain airlines and place the World Of Ai traffic in when and if those airlines are released. I don't want to have the dreaded double planes flying all over the place. The AI Mexico package has a self installer which normally is great but in this case it isn't. In The AI Mexico faq's it says I should delete the other planes if I want to keep using theirs and I want to do the opposite. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Can't you simply not install the Mexican World of AI packages?What I'm saying is, if you have installed a WoAI package for Aeromexico, then simply remove that package and keep your AI Mexico. Then you won't have double planes.I just finished making Click!, Mexicana, Aeromexico, and Aerolitoral AI bgl's for FSX, but I converted someone elses' flight plans, and for that reason I cannot upload them without getting permission from the original author.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest flaflyer2

Hi, That is a good suggestion but I like the World Of Ai planes better, so I want to do the opposite. I want to be able to load the AI Mexico planes and then take their planes out in case World Of Ai release a plane that the AI Mexico package covers. The way you suggest is easier but of course I have to make it diffcult with what I want to do. I figure I can find out where the Mexico flightplans are and then just remove a single airline at a time. But of course that would be too easy.

(1) Decompile the AI Mexico traffic.bgl - remove the aircraft entries for the aircraft in other packages - remove the flight plans for those aircraft - recompile the traffic file (Save the original's of course as a backup)or(2) Edit the aircraft.cfg file entries for the aircraft you do not want to use - change the title= line - FS will never find the airplane.BTW - with the exception of the Airbus A318, A319, A320 & A321 aircraft and the MD-8X birds - these are the same models as World of AI uses.This package has been around for several years - I first got it from PAI's website back a year before FS2004 came out.It's only gotten better and better with each yearly update.Unfortunately the FSX install does not setup the aircraft for FSX. The exits to make the jetways and baggage carts work are not defined and the wing_span values do not appear to have been update to real world values - so several of the aircraft will park in spaces smaller than the visual model wingspan in FSX. Some will want too large a parking spot.

Guest flaflyer2

Well, I decided to scrap the whole idea. I thought about using your ideas but I realized it's more trouble than it's worth. With that mythical sp1 patch coming out, i'm going to hold tight installing anymore stuff. I also realized that I don't fly in Mexico that much and sooner or later World Of Ai or Pai will come out with more packages. I want to stay streamlined this time around. In Fs 2004 I had more planes from more developers than I knew what to do with flying around. so I want to keep a smaller mixture of the big 2 package suppliers and just have patience or at least try to have some. Also, Traffic x is just around the corner and that's an easier option to remove duplicate ai packages. I Thank you for your help.