Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

V5.3 : improved EA clouds ?

2 hours ago, Steve Halpern said:

Steve,
These are some great images of great clouds and an amazing aircraft!
However, the linked gallery is not working for me. Neither are enlarged images.
By the way, is iFly 737NG Advanced working in 5.3 right away or it will require a patch?

3 hours ago, zkerr8 said:

I see you are using iFlys newly updated 737NG. How do you like it?

Yes it is the new 737NG from iFly.... It is one of my all-time favorite aircraft! (hint: we are the publisher😀).

Some nice tweaks are coming to P3D 5.3 also.

• Like 2

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

2 hours ago, Rafal said:

Steve,
These are some great images of great clouds and an amazing aircraft!
However, the linked gallery is not working for me. Neither are enlarged images.
By the way, is iFly 737NG Advanced working in 5.3 right away or it will require a patch?

Hi Rafal,

All the images are in the thread. No need to go anywhere else.

It is working in 5.3 quite nicely but as I mentioned above a few new things are coming for 5.3 in the next update.

• Upvote 1

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

3 hours ago, Flyinggok said:

I cant use EA Clouds right now cause my CPU (1080) cant handle it really good but I will get a 3080 ti or 3090 end of year and will change to EA Clouds again 🙂

I use several computers and the pictures I took were on a 7 year old i7-4790K with a GTX 1080! The PC uses 16GB memory and 2 Samsung SSD drives.The motherboard is an Asus Z97.

Except during a few moments at dense airports performance is very satisfactory and loading reasonably quick.

Edited by Steve Halpern

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

57 minutes ago, Steve Halpern said:

Yes it is the new 737NG from iFly.... It is one of my all-time favorite aircraft! (hint: we are the publisher😀).

Some nice tweaks are coming to P3D 5.3 also.

Nice, but I already have a 737 NG.

What about the 747 classic for P3D? That’s a day one purchase for me. How long are you going to keep us waiting? 🙂

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

What about the 747 classic for P3D? That’s a day one purchase for me. How long are you going to keep us waiting?

I believe development on the 747 is currently on hold. iFly is very busy in multiple markets (not just the home simulator market) and everything must be prioritized. With the 737MAX in development, and with work on the additional model pack for the current release (along with base-pack tweaks for P3Dv5.3), they had to shelve development on the 747.

Edited by Steve Halpern

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

9 hours ago, Steve Halpern said:

base-pack tweaks for P3Dv5.3

As a person who decided not to switch from 5.2 to 5.3 at the moment, I must ask.
Does it mean there will be a specific 5.3 basepack having some extra options which will not be applied back to the 5.2 base pack?

5.3 will be the way to go!

The upcoming base pack is to get the aircraft working without problems in 5.3 along with some other tweaks .

Using my modified volumetric cloud cfg i am absolutely loving 5.3.

They still need to bump the resolution on the cloud edges and random clouds or add some fade but the atmosphere of these clouds is unmatched in any sim ive used.

If you have ever flown a real aircraft and been deep in a dark grey cloud then punched out the side with the light increasing then jumping to brilliant light with white clouds all around bathed in sunshine P3D gives you that sensation.

Clouds are not perfect but the atmosphere is the thing. the cloud lighting is brilliant. The white tops of the passing showers/CB's that you can see through grey and sunlit sides is simply outstanding.

Someone finally gets it.

spacer.png

. spacer.pngspacer.png

If you have ever flown around heavy rainshowers..

spacer.png

As i was saying look at the white tops that transition to increasing yellow in lower levels and the grey non lit cloud sections.

spacer.pngspacer.png

By messing with the worley noise to get rid of the waffle pattern at least on my system they substantially impacted performance. Clouds are always going to be a tight rope of detail and appearance versus performance..they need to work on cloud res or a way to lower the appearance of smaller lower res cloud sprites which look to prominent for there size.overall the atmosphere even now is quite awesome and giving you that feeling of yes thats what it feel like to blast out into the sun.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Darren Howie

6 minutes ago, DEHowie said:

They still need to bump the resolution on the cloud edges and random clouds or add some fade but the atmosphere of these clouds is unmatched in any sim ive used.

Amazing. I have made a few flights win volumetric clouds on and this time it might be a game changer. Care to share your volumetriccloud cfg settings?

• Like 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

1 hour ago, DEHowie said:

Stunning pics!
The first and last ones look fantastic. Please share your VolumetricClouds.cfg whenever you have a moment.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Did anyone notice how at sunset the sun reflection on the water is not under the setting sun but on the right side 🙂

Edited by Johnny19

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

5 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

Did anyone notice how at sunset the sun reflection on the water is not under the setting sun but on the right side 🙂

That was supposed to have been fixed.

• Fixed issue where sun and moon reflections would be misaligned in some cases.

Clearly LM meant they fixed the misaligned reflections in *some* cases, but not all! 🙃

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

21 minutes ago, F737NG said:

That was supposed to have been fixed.

Clearly LM meant they fixed the misaligned reflections in *some* cases, but not all! 🙃

I guess that's what they meant lol 

Ivan Majetic

Certainly great look clouds. Still two problems that prevent me from using them. 

1. Global weather depiction. Still hasn't been fixed. This is a non-starter no matter how good the clouds look. 

2. Cloud shadows. I don't know if this has been fixed or not but when I use vol clouds in 5.2 I have aircraft shadows beneath an overcast sky as if it's a sunny day. Huge immersion breaker.