Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

Aerosoft and P3D

I was dismayed to read his comments today and although I understand the long term inveitability of some other platforms, I ask only one question, is that time NOW...absolutely not in my honest opinion.

I myself have embraced MSFS and have already delved heavily in the payware market, but I also keep one eye on the P3D market. When 5.3 was released, I went and bought the PMDG expansion for the ER, was not going to bother but getting the update swayed me into getting it, even though I may not fly it often as I would have last year but hey ho, you never know what is round the corner.

I feel AS might have burned a few bridges today, and although the figures may not bear it out instantly, the community who have been around a little may remember this for some time to come.

Yes, development stops eventually for platforms, I am realistic, but to say that financially it would not be worth pushing out an update ( play on words ) when some have spent thousands of pounds in the shop over the years does not sit well with me anyway.

Brush up on the public relations side, it is really poor IMHO.

BTW, some of the MSFS sceneries have been updated from other developers quite a few times since MSFS was released, I can name a few that have not recieved an update since SU2, so not updating seems to be common on all platforms, not just P3D....just saying.

• Like 4

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

Agree. Aerosoft seems to not understand that many flight sim users will be using some other game a year or so from now. I also think they have further burned some bridges today. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

When you see the speed that FSL and Leonardo have brought out the compatibility updates for their products today, I fail to see how it could be that expensive for Aerosoft to do the same. It obviously hasn't taken a huge amount of work hours for FSL or Leonardo to update their aircraft.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Calum Watt

35 minutes ago, WestEnd said:

When you see the speed that FSL and Leonardo have brought out the compatibility updates for their products today, I fail to see how it could be that expensive for Aerosoft to do the same. It obviously hasn't taken a huge amount of work hours for FSL or Leonardo to update their aircraft.

It's not expensive. It's just called "being lazy".

Glad I did not buy any Aerosoft products during the sales this past week.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

16 minutes ago, pommy80 said:

It's not expensive. It's just called "being lazy".

Glad I did not buy any Aerosoft products during the sales this past week.

No, it's being greedy.  It's a someone said above, MSFS is a new market with a lot of less discerning new users coming into it and, at the outset, no third party add-ons at all.  I have no problem with new users: the more the merrier.  But it's made MSFS an easy place to make money with dodgy products.  Why serve the longstanding P3D market, where users buy only the best and have many such add-ons already when you can shift big volumes of dubious software to a new and less selective customer base in what was on Day 1 a bare bones simulator?

• Like 2

ngxu_banner.png

10 hours ago, ailchim said:

No, it's being greedy.  It's a someone said above, MSFS is a new market with a lot of less discerning new users coming into it and, at the outset, no third party add-ons at all.  I have no problem with new users: the more the merrier.  But it's made MSFS an easy place to make money with dodgy products.  Why serve the longstanding P3D market, where users buy only the best and have many such add-ons already when you can shift big volumes of dubious software to a new and less selective customer base in what was on Day 1 a bare bones simulator?

It does not affect only aircraft. Also, many scenery developers have ported their old FSX/P3D sceneries to MSFS and barely doing any optimization at all. This results in low quality looking textures, and in some cases even worse than the default MSFS airports. 

MSFS payware market today is about quantity rather than quality, and I hope this is going to change soon. The great part though is MSFS that it has attracted a lot of freeware devs who make quality, in some cases even better than the payware. You can find their work at flightsim.to

43 minutes ago, Ikarus280 said:

MSFS payware market today is about quantity rather than quality, and I hope this is going to change soon. The great part though is MSFS that it has attracted a lot of freeware devs who make quality, in some cases even better than the payware. You can find their work at flightsim.to

Yes to the second part.

Speaking of payware, there's certainly a bunch of purely ported or just pointless addons. However, even if you subtract these, there are more high-quality addons left than I would have ever imagined and can buy, including by new designers like NZA, Pyregree, Bijan, and others.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I am not so sure if this isn't a nice Marketing trick to encourage users to Move to MSFS and buy their MSFS stuff.

It's also contradicting itself. If, as a provider, I can no longer sell something, I take it out of my portfolio, but they don't. So I assume that there are still P3D customers who buy from Aerosoft.

So whatever the reason for the rude, unprofessional comment of Mr. Kok was, I hope there are people in their higher Management who understand how to communicate and how to handle business in a more professional way.

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

@ailchim today Prepar3D, "tomorrow" MSFS.

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

55 minutes ago, Flyinggok said:

So whatever the reason for the rude, unprofessional comment of Mr. Kok was, I hope there are people in their higher Management who understand how to communicate and how to handle business in a more professional way.

He’s the top dog at Aerosoft.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

He is Head of Support what I know and there should be person above him which hopefully not having the same empathy and feelings for business like him. :D Anyway. It is how it is.

• Upvote 1

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

50 minutes ago, Flyinggok said:

He is Head of Support what I know and there should be person above him which hopefully not having the same empathy and feelings for business like him. 😄 Anyway. It is how it is.

Winfried Diekmann is the Aerosoft CEO.All feedback should go to him.

Edited by 787flyer
  • Upvote 4

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

I stopped buying aerosoft productos many years ago, when they offered a bundle upgrade to a330/a340 if you buy the a320 first...they never released the a330/a340....

• Upvote 2

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

10 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I also bought Aerosoft's Murcia Airport in the recent Black Friday sale, and immediately noticed the ILS frequency was wrong.

When I Googled about it, I found a similarly confrontational post from Mr Kok made a couple of years ago, so no attempt in that time to update the airport to the correct frequency.

As I was about to start trying to fix it myself on ADE, I thankfully saw a reply from a fellow customer who had kindly posted an ADE file with all the correct details for the approaches.

Edited by WestEnd

Calum Watt