Sign in to follow this  
StewCal

5.3 Running but Nothing shows on Screen

Just updated to 5.3 from 5.2.  Decided to uninstall the whole thing instead of just doing the client and content.  Now it seems that Prepar3d starts but with nothing showing on the screen. I can hear sound and it shows that it's running in Task Manager but only see my desktop.  The only thing I've tried so far is letting the prepar3d.cfg rebuild.  Didn't work.  Any help would be appreciated.

Steve Giblin

Steve Giblin

2 minutes ago, StewCal said:

Just updated to 5.3 from 5.2.  Decided to uninstall the whole thing instead of just doing the client and content.  Now it seems that Prepar3d starts but with nothing showing on the screen. I can hear sound and it shows that it's running in Task Manager but only see my desktop.  The only thing I've tried so far is letting the prepar3d.cfg rebuild.  Didn't work.  Any help would be appreciated.

Steve Giblin

Mine did the same thing, I restarted and all back to normal.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

Tried restarting several times....No luck yet.

Steve Giblin

Are you getting a black screen? I've had the issue a couple of times since V4, and have usually managed to fix it by switching between full screen & windowed a few times

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, SimeonWilbury said:

Are you getting a black screen? I've had the issue a couple of times since V4, and have usually managed to fix it by switching between full screen & windowed a few times

Nope, just the desktop.

STeve

Steve Giblin

Hello Steve,

Had the same problem. I solved it by taking away some of the addons folder in the documents/Prepare3DV5 addons folder that are not yet compatible with version 3. Putting aside FSlabs did the trick for me and P3D launched normally.

Yann

• Upvote 1

Hi,

For me, I noticed it happened immediately after the FSLABS non-compatibility error during startup. 

I uninstalled FSLABS, restarted sim and all ok. 

Will reinstall after compatibility is restored.

Thanos

PS. For some unknown reason the upper left information text is red again although the information.html file has text defined white.

• Upvote 1

===============

✈️ Thanos Anogiatis ✈️

(A Greek in KSA)

Same for me as what Hoshou and Thanos68 reported.  I moved the FSLabs folder out of the V5 Add-Ons folder and that solved the problem.

P3D V5.4 | Windows 10 | MSI X670E Tomahawk | AMD 7800X3D | GSkill 64GB DDR5 6000 | EVGA GeForce GTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING | ASUS PG348Q 34" Ultrawide | Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo | EKWB 360 AIO | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G6

Thanks guys!  Got the same answer over at the Lockheed Martin forum.  I'll give it a try when I get back from work.

Steve

Steve Giblin

Use FSLabs with experimental channel until they release their update on the public channel. The new update fixed this issue for me.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero