Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Loud sound problem

Hi,I've got a sound problem which causes a very loud screech (like white noise) most times when either ATC or a pilot starts talking.If I press Q twice in succession the noise goes and I can hear the voices clearly.This has happened staight away from a virgin install with no added scenery/aircraft etc. I run XP Pro on a PC with dual core CPUs and 4G of memory and a Nvidea 7900 video card.I've used FS95/98/2002 and never had a problem like this before and having searched the forum seems like nobody else has either. I even installed FS2002 on this PC and it works fine with no noise at all (and frame rates in excess of 100fpm at times) Any ideas anyone?Rog

Rog Hanson

Yes, I am having some similar problems where the sound (usually sometimes when I go to spot view) with a jet - gets very loud, distorted and spitting. I was going to try switching from my sound card to the MBO sound but haven't had a chance yet.NigelVancouverMy System:Intel Core2 Duo E6400Gigabyte GA 965G DS3 mobo Sapphire ATI Radeon X1950XT video card PCI-e 512MB2GB Transcend 800Mhz DDR2 RAMMaxtor 80GB 7200rpm hard driveMaxtor 200GB 7200rpm hard driveWestern Digital 250GB 7200rpm hard driveCreative Sound Blaster Live! with latest driversNEC FE950+ crt monitorCHProducts USB yoke and pedalsWindows XP Home edition with SP2DirectX 9.0©Cooler Master 600W power supply Five case fans