Sign in to follow this  
B1900

Stream Deck, AAO's and P3D

Good Day

I originally bought AAO's on Simmarket where there is one version listed for all Sims. When you install it it appears to only be for MSFS.

So I went to the website and downloaded the P3D version and it installed it but it showed as a demo even though I owned the one "official" version.

AAO sees my plane (MJC Q400) (in the P3D ver) (not the MSFS/ Simmarket ver). In the MSFS version the light flashes and no plane seen.

I am doubtful that AAO is talking to the StreamDeck (although works perfectly in MSFS) as when I tried to add a toggle nothing happens.

Any help available?

Thanks

Jon

Update - SD is working with Hotkeys

Edited by B1900
update

http://www.ruscool.co.nzBanner_MJC5.png05_10_2012_14_25_54_C-GLXV_New_Paint_Apr

P3D 4.5:), X-Plane 11.55:(, MSFS 2020:), MJC Q400, Saab 340A, CRJ550, B1900, X-Crafts ERJ/EMB; Win 10x64, 32GB Ram, Samsung drives, RTX 3070 GPU, 5.3 Ghz Intel 1200. Turboprops and RJ's only.

23 minutes ago, B1900 said:

I originally bought AAO's on Simmarket where there is one version listed for all Sims. When you install it it appears to only be for MSFS.

That can't be right. In your account on SimMarket should be a ZIP - File named "LorbyAxisAndOhs_2_22_b43.zip"

In that ZIP file you will find 7 different installers for 7 different simulators - and the installation instructions as PDF

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

26 minutes ago, B1900 said:

I am doubtful that AAO is talking to the StreamDeck (although works perfectly in MSFS) as when I tried to add a toggle nothing happens.

There is a troubleshooting guide PDF on the AxisAndOhs website right below the section for the StreamDeck plugin. Make sure that port settings are identical in both copies of AAO.

If you are using both versions in quick succession, it is possible that Windows will lock the TCP port for a while, that can only be fixed by a computer restart. That being said, I haven't had that problem yet, and I do a lot of cross-sim developer tests at the same time.

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

That can't be right. In your account on SimMarket should be a ZIP - File named "LorbyAxisAndOhs_2_22_b43.zip"

In that ZIP file you will find 7 different installers for 7 different simulators - and the installation instructions as PDF

You're right, they were there - making progress now.

Jon

P3D 4.5:), X-Plane 11.55:(, MSFS 2020:), MJC Q400, Saab 340A, CRJ550, B1900, X-Crafts ERJ/EMB; Win 10x64, 32GB Ram, Samsung drives, RTX 3070 GPU, 5.3 Ghz Intel 1200. Turboprops and RJ's only.

Is my Bravo TQ missing from the device list because it has not been disabled?

Jon 

EDIT: To assign buttons or AXIS in AAO do not look for the hardware you're trying to use (you won't find it).

You must move an AXIS or press a button to find the hardware you're using. 

Spent an hour trying to figure out why my HC Bravo was not in the device list (as I would have expected)

Edited by B1900
update

On 12/3/2021 at 7:34 PM, B1900 said:

EDIT: To assign buttons or AXIS in AAO do not look for the hardware you're trying to use (you won't find it).

You must move an AXIS or press a button to find the hardware you're using. 

Spent an hour trying to figure out why my HC Bravo was not in the device list (as I would have expected)

You can "find" the active devices here: "Hardware -> Device Blacklist". And when you do, take the opportunity to "Ignore" all those that you are not planning to use with AAO. Including the Mouse, Keyboard and the StreamDeck, those are processed in another way and not as HID devices.

The general idea is that you don't have to search for devices at all. Just operate the controller you want to use, and AAO will pick it up, if it can utilize that device. Says as much in the AAO manual too...

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI