Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Getting License Invalid message after a reinstall (resolved)

Purchased in 2020 thru F1.  Have downloaded installer and upgraded to current version.  Now getting Invalid License message.  All "Keys" are in the install folder.  Help appreciated,

-B

Edited by RXP

Hi,

Please make sure to download and run the e-commerce installer, enter your F1 account credentials, then press REINSTALL. This should re-authenticate your license on your system.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

14 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi,

Please make sure to download and run the e-commerce installer, enter your F1 account credentials, then press REINSTALL. This should re-authenticate your license on your system.

Howdy and thanks.  I kept trying the F1 and after it took my credentials it kept asking me for the last 4 of the CC I used to make the purchase (2+ years ago?).  After about five or six tries I came here and posted.  Later in the day I tried again and it just took my credentials, did not ask for the CC and delivered an udated (current) installer.  I'm all installed now and your product already sent me an automatic update today.

Your system works, F1 is dodgy at best, and thanks for your help!

-B

• Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 11:05 PM, RXP said:

Hi,

Am I understanding this correctly that even if we have the latest release and valid keys that none of this will work unless we reinstall from F1 ?

Edit: After spending the entire morning on this I can confirm that if you've done any type of OS update or uninstalls and have the latest realityXP version v.2.5.28.7 as of today and even if you have a valid prior Key or Lic it will not work (reinstalling a prior version will give you a "File Not Found"). The licence HAS to be validated through the F1 wrapper install for your present system and time. So if you lose your F1 loggin credentials then you're out of luck unless RXP Jean-Luc helps you out. No amount of backups will help you in this case after a system upgrade or some sort of (unspecified) time out.

After re-installing through the F1 install it recognized the licence in C:\RelityXP.

Edited by FPStewy

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

On 12/3/2021 at 1:43 PM, btacon said:

F1 is dodgy at best, and thanks for your help!

-B

I'd rather them do a one time install than loggin in every time. In today's gaming industry everything is "dodgy" it seems.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

@FPStewy

This is not entirely correct. The reason for the 404 error is because the installer also checks online the latest compatible trainer. If you keep an RXP installer around and use it again later, it is possible the trainer installer is no longer hosted on the Garmin website, hence the 404 error. Whenever they update their trainer, we try to keep up with an update with our installers though, so that our latest installers are always working.

On the other hand, using the e-commerce enabled installer that you download from our website is necessary only to re-authenticate the license. If you're not basically reinstalling your computer, you won't loose an already authenticated installation.

These are 2 different topics which I agree are confusing sometimes.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)