Sign in to follow this  
pilotwannabe

What's the Latest on the Fenix A320?

Their last update on their website was on October 8, with the next update scheduled for October 22.  They had been quite regular with their updates and feature reviews since they came out, so I'm hoping that the radio silence for more than the past month is because they are busy working on the product.  I'm not on their Discord forum, so don't know if they have posted any information there.  Here's hoping they are still moving forward with their product.

Regards,

Rush

• Like 1

As far as I know most of the up to date info (or lack there of) is in this thread.  Go to the last posts and that is most recent.

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

The discord discussion indicated (from one of their real world pilot testers) the Fenix team is doing everything possible to get the A320 completed and out ASAP.  They feel their time is better spent on getting the product out.  It is still undergoing alpha testing to my knowledge.

They were due for a feature review last Friday, but it was delayed because Aamir didn't feel it was good enough for us. From what I can tell, Aamir is super OCD about "getting things right" and a sort of perfectionist, so whenever they decide to do their next feature review, expect it to blow our minds like the last few.

As for a Christmas release. It's already December and we're not in beta. I'd be surprised if it came out before February, personally, but I've been wrong before.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I think he said they were still going to do the video, but didn't want to give out a date for obvious reasons.  As far as an actual release for XMAS...lol...that would be a very tall order, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

2 hours ago, Ridvan Celik said:

I have a feeling we might get it before Christmas. 

2022 probably. Good things comes to those who wait.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jbdbow1970 said:

2022 probably. Good things comes to those who wait.

Yeah probably, I'm just hyping myself up with high hopes 🤣

5 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Yeah probably, I'm just hyping myself up with high hopes 🤣

Lets wait chaps. It will come and it will surprise some folks. This is coming from folks in the Alpha who can't say much further due to (NDA) and I trust their comments.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Ridvan Celik said:

I have a feeling we might get it before Christmas. 

I think they like some quiet r&r with their families as well during X Mas hence wait releasing the bird until January.

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

I really LOVE the FBW Airbus but if Fenix really delivers what they promise it will be a day one purchase for me. The FBW is (obviously) lacking way too many options right now and I don't think they will have completed the project within a few months or so. The only thing I am curious about is how this Fenix Airbus will hurt performance...

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

I really LOVE the FBW Airbus but if Fenix really delivers what they promise it will be a day one purchase for me. The FBW is (obviously) lacking way too many options right now and I don't think they will have completed the project within a few months or so. The only thing I am curious about is how this Fenix Airbus will hurt performance...

It's obviously better than the default A320. They had stated that in one of their previous reports.

4 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

It's obviously better than the default A320. They had stated that in one of their previous reports.

The performance of the Fenix bus will be better,,,?!

If they beat PMDG 737 to the punch and deliver on promises, could be more than a few Boeing f'boys digging in to learn Airbus properly.

Edited by RobF2