Sign in to follow this  
garlicbread11

AI options are good

3 hours ago, pmb said:

Not yet, according to their Discord. My vague impression from their announcement over there (worth reading) is it will still need a bit of time.

According to their FAQ section discord, it is actually ready , however the installer is still not ready and they are asking people who knows JavaScript and Node.js to help out on installer in order to have it released soon.

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

These are the up-to-date liveries list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SK8802wpxnM1cRuGHazCNjnCUkDR0dIxVyebBP_eWoo/edit#gid=0 . 

Seriously very impressive they have redone many of these repaints after last year fiasco. 

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, omarsmak30 said:

According to their FAQ section discord, it is actually ready , however the installer is still not ready and they are asking people who knows JavaScript and Node.js to help out on installer in order to have it released soon.

Can confirm. I've actually been helping test this for a while (and while the trailer is awesome, it doesn't really do it justice). They're just waiting for the installer to be finished (They're already working on it AFAIK, it just isn't finished yet) so people can get it working in a few clicks.

That being said, if you read the FAQ on Discord, it's very easy to get involved and help test it without waiting. Even without the installer, it's pretty much pie to get everything working anyway. 

People did a LOT of work behind the scenes to get it back running, so I'm happy to see this finally revealed. 

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 9

spacer.png

News Editor at Techraptor, previously at Twinfinite.

spacer.png

23 minutes ago, Abriael said:

People did a LOT of work behind the scenes to get it back running,

I'm not a coder, but seeing the trailer, hearing about all the MSFS AI issues and following the licensing issues you faced, I believe this right away.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

28 minutes ago, pmb said:

I'm not a coder, but seeing the trailer, hearing about all the MSFS AI issues and following the licensing issues you faced, I believe this right away.

Do keep in mind that I'm not working on this. I'm just helping test, so I can't take any credit at all. 😄 Basically I just sat here and watched the pretty planes go 'round, and 'round, and 'round for a few months and provided some insight on what could be nice to have. 

Anyone can apply to help test (or to help in other ways if you can code, paint liveries, or 3D model), and if you can't wait for release, you definitely should apply, as long as you're willing to report bugs and such.

Edited by Abriael

spacer.png

spacer.png

How does this differ from Simple Traffic from Aerosoft?  I guess new models, but anything else meaningful?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

2 minutes ago, Noel said:

How does this differ from Simple Traffic from Aerosoft?  I guess new models, but anything else meaningful?

I think new models, realistic liveries and using FlightRadar24 as online service to feed the AI traffic into the sim 

8 minutes ago, Noel said:

Simple traffic works with either pre-compiled static schedules or the default live AI which is based on Flightaware. 

This works with the default live traffic if you REALLY want (it's terrible because Flightaware is terrible, so I wouldn't), but its main feature besides liveries and models (and custom sound) is that it uses data from FlightRadar 24, which is so much more complete and accurate, which means a lot more flights portrayed.

It also has a lot more smaller stuff like the fact that aircraft land and take off in more realistic runway real estate instead of basically behaving like STOLs 😂

Basically, Simple Traffic is simple (this is not criticism, for some people simple is great, and it's an elegant solution for those who enjoy simple). This ain't.

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Abriael said:

is that it uses data from FlightRadar 24

@Abriael I don't know if you are the right person to ask but about FlightRadar API service, FlightRadar offers third party API integration for free as I can see. How does this work? Do we need let's say to have paid account in FlightRadar24 in order to serve FSTL? 

What about GA traffic? Is this another set Ground traffic to zero in order for this to function properly and you won't see any small aircraft anywhere addons? Just curious...

Ken

10 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

@Abriael I don't know if you are the right person to ask but about FlightRadar API service, FlightRadar offers third party API integration for free as I can see. How does this work? Do we need let's say to have paid account in FlightRadar24 in order to serve FSTL? 

I have no idea of the ins and outs to be honest. I have a flightradar silver account personally (because I love it) but this works without.

If you have silver this lets you do some really neat things. By default, the parked aircraft you see at an airport is a statistical average taht's completely automatic and you don't need to do anything for it to work. With a silver flightradar account that lets you see a list of all the aircraft currently on the ground everywhere, you can make 100% real "parking files" for any airport at any given time, and FSLTL will spawn those instead. It's a bit time consuming, but the result is pretty awesome. 

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, BaronKen said:

What about GA traffic? Is this another set Ground traffic to zero in order for this to function properly and you won't see any small aircraft anywhere addons? Just curious...

It includes GA. That being said, you set the limits of how much you wanna have between Airliners and GA. I keep GA quite low because I don't want my PC to explode lol and I care to see the pretty airliners more. 

Edited by Abriael

spacer.png

spacer.png

I have no subscription to FR24 and FSLTL works perfectly. When injector loads, it loads with note saying Airport code and how many parking sports it remembers and populates accordingly. Runs supper smooth no FPS drop on any airport I’ve been to. 

• Like 4

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

11 minutes ago, Abriael said:

If you have silver this lets you do some really neat things. By default, the parked aircraft you see at an airport is a statistical average taht's completely automatic and you don't need to do anything for it to work. With a silver flightradar account that lets you see a list of all the aircraft currently on the ground everywhere, you can make 100% real "parking files" for any airport at any given time, and FSLTL will spawn those instead. It's a bit time consuming, but the result is pretty awesome. 

Awesome! I wouldn't mind of getting the Silver account for this 😄