Sign in to follow this  
Recognition

Should we install Win 11 now P3dv5.3 is out?

My Win 10 is running fine, was just wondering if installing Win 11 would be beneficial for P3dv5.3

Intel® Core™ i9-13900KF - 24 Cores... Watercooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB Black...MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK...Kingston Fury Beast RGB 128GB DDR5-5600...NVIDIA RTX 4090 24GB.

Hehe,

I'm going to try it next weekend. Will make a fresh install of Win 11 and see how it goes 🙂

Only simulator I am going to try it with will be P3d v5.3, so I'll try to report back my findings if I survive 🙂

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

The reason I asked was that Win 11 is new and P3dv5.3, but looking around the web Win 11 generally seems to be a bit troublesome.......... could be a bit risky.🤯

Intel® Core™ i9-13900KF - 24 Cores... Watercooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB Black...MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK...Kingston Fury Beast RGB 128GB DDR5-5600...NVIDIA RTX 4090 24GB.

I have a new PC which came with Win 11. 

So far with 5.3 all seems ok I think.

I have been getting CTD and windows stopping and rebooting  all week with all 3 sims XP , P3D and the other one but if anything 5.3 and removing orbx TE seems to have stabilised P3D. 
Orbx TEXCONV.EXE seems to be responsible for the majority of my P3D problems.

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

I am using Win 11 since 1 (or 2 ?) Month now with 5.2 HF1 and all my addons I used with Win 10. No issue at all.

The only annoying thing for me is, that you can not easy say, where your taskbar is located... This needs to be set via regsitry key and a restart of the explorer.exe -.- (I have it always on TOP and unvisible if I am using my Sim - in window mode)

• Like 1

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

Running Winn 11 for 2 months and all fine 😎

Edited by awf
  • Like 1

André

Same here, just finished setting up 5.3 on a new rig which came with Win 11.  My friendly advice to those who are running a stable Win 10….avoid 11 for now unless you enjoy Microsoft-isms.  Yeah, it runs fine, but its not without the usual strange cosmetic changes, and they’re already working on an update to fix an issue with file explorer.  I’d hold off a while longer.  Enjoy your flying, not windows-tweaking.  Cheers, 

Edited by joby33y
Grammar
  • Like 1

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

Good advice and Info Gents. I think I will just stick with Win 10 and sorting 5.3 out for now

Cheers

1 hour ago, Recognition said:

Good advice and Info Gents. I think I will just stick with Win 10 and sorting 5.3 out for now

Cheers

I don't have any choice...W11 will not install on my rig...I don't have that chip...so did I dodge a bullet for now?

1 minute ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I don't have any choice...W11 will not install on my rig...I don't have that chip...so did I dodge a bullet for now?

You have to otherwise Win 11 won't install...

André

5 hours ago, jon b said:

I have a new PC which came with Win 11. 

So far with 5.3 all seems ok I think.

I have been getting CTD and windows stopping and rebooting  all week with all 3 sims XP , P3D and the other one but if anything 5.3 and removing orbx TE seems to have stabilised P3D. 
Orbx TEXCONV.EXE seems to be responsible for the majority of my P3D problems.

Which TE are your referring to? for TE-NL I have some tips that saves huge amount of VRAM 🙂

André

11 minutes ago, awf said:

You have to otherwise Win 11 won't install...

Right...that's why I can't install...my M.B. does not have the chip required.

5 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Interesting, my older PC is under two years old, and it also says that my PC doesn't meet the Windows 11 requirements. If I recall though, the issue wasn't a chip, but something else. I will have to take a look and see what it was.

Cheers Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

35 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Motherboards after 2018 have a setting in the bios to enable the feature...

Secure Boot

Windows 11 requires Secure Boot to be switched on (Enabled)

TPM (Trusted Platform Module)

Must be enabled in the bios

My steps done maybe helpful for some:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master (rev. 1.0)
BIOS Version: F10

STEPS:
1. F2 (Advanced Mode).
2. Boot
3. CSM Support: Disabled.
4. Secure Boot.
5. Restore Factory Keys: Yes.
6. F10 (Save)/ Restart PC

7. Boot.
8. Secure Boot.
9. Secure Boot Enable: Enabled.
10. F10 (Save)/ Restart PC

11. Settings.
12. Miscellaneous.
13. Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT): Enabled.
14. F10 (Save)/ Restart PC.

CHECK TPM STATUS (IN WINDOWS):
Start/ Run
Type: tpm.msc
It should say: “Specification Version: 2.0”

Edited by awf

André

4 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Interesting, my older PC is under two years old, and it also says that my PC doesn't meet the Windows 11 requirements. If I recall though, the issue wasn't a chip, but something else. I will have to take a look and see what it was.

Cheers Pete

On some newer computers, like mine,  you will need to enable the TPM in the Bios first. It was off by default. 

• Like 2

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11