Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTS - Live Traffic using Flightradar24

5 minutes ago, Abriael said:

I don't know what's behind this, but one thing I do know. It's not your place to defend someone else's copyright. If they want to do so, they'll reach out to FSLTL's admins (which are very reachable) and they will sort it out. You're not involved and you're not a party in that discussion so I would suggest you focus on making your own AI solution the best it can be instead of trying so hard to attack others. 

I am just posting facts and asking questions not attacking anyone here

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

15 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

whats so hard to follow the rules and laws??????

The developer of FSLTL seems to ignore the rules we have in the freeware community since many years.....

Sorry @Kaiii3 but this time I am on FSLTL side. Sofia already said, they have tried to reach out to them for one year but no feedback as they left the scene. So said they use them while it is still credited to the original authors. How does that break rules? If the original authors reached out to them and said, no you cant use them, then they will pull them out as simple as that. 

• Like 10

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

3 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Sorry @Kaiii3 but this time I am on FSLTL side. Sofia already said, they have tried to reach out to them for one year but no feedback as they left the scene. So said they use them while it is still credited to the original authors. How does that break rules? If the original authors reached out to them and said, no you cant use them, then they will pull them out as simple as that. 

simple: https://fsxaibureau.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=364796 Erez the developer of FAIB has made it already clear in his post

and here the ToU:

*** IMPORTANT!!! ****
THIS MODEL (*.MDL) MAY NOT BE DECOMPILED AND EDITED/MODIFIED IN ANY WAY WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF THE DESIGNER!!!

Edited by Kaiii3

2 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

simple: https://fsxaibureau.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=364796 Erez the developer of FAIB has made it already clear in his post

Then if the FAIB developer explicitly said that, I am with you on this. The FAIB developer needs to clarify it with FSTL in order to avoid another drama.

And also to be fair, none of FSTL developers are participating in this thread thus we have no idea what is FSTL defense on this subject.

Ultimately, this is something between FAIB and FLSTL to sort out. I'm fairly sure they have each other's contact, so if there's anything to sort, they will, one way or the other.

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

News Editor at Techraptor, previously at Twinfinite.

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Abriael said:

Ultimately, this is something between FAIB and FLSTL to sort out. I'm fairly sure they have each other's contact, so if there's anything to sort, they will, one way or the other.

Sure, but as long it is not sorted she should not make any promisses... we had that in Jan 2021 already....

15 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

Sure, but as long it is not sorted she should not make any promisses... we had that in Jan 2021 already....

That's not for you to decide. You're an uninvolved third-party. If the developer of FAIB has an issue with this, he will reach out. From what we can see, numerous attempts to contact him have been made, so I'm fairly sure he has plenty of ways to contact back.

What we had in January was an appalling fight between freeware developers that disgusted everyone who saw it. I'd rather not see the same again, so it'd be more productive that, if you folks can't play nice to each other and work together (which has always been the best option), ya'll do your own thing and look in your own camp. 

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 8

spacer.png

spacer.png

Guys, can we please for the sake of the community tune down the heat between each other? We heard @Kaiii3 view on this, now we need to hear FSTL view on this in order to stay neutral. 

@Abriael do you know if you can ask FSTL to respond in this thread so we can clarify this? It seems in discord there is no a channel to discuss this (I assume since you are part of the test team, you can talk to them directly in discord?)

2 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

Why don't you just concentrate on your project rather than comment on someone else's. both will no doubt have pro's and con's but seems to me that these guys have been transparent so let people make their educated choices and choose the product that they feel most comfortable with using be it AIG or FSLTL.... or anything else that comes along.

Competition should be seen as a good thing. I'm impressed these guys have been busy in the background on a project deemed dead, 700+ new liveries is no mean feat alone. Maybe that's the best way crack on with your passion rather than getting bogged in politics.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Guys, can we please for the sake of the community tune down the heat between each other? We heard @Kaiii3 view on this, now we need to hear FSTL view on this in order to stay neutral. 

@Abriael do you know if you can ask FSTL to respond in this thread so we can clarify this? It seems in discord there is no a channel to discuss this (I assume since you are part of the test team, you can talk to them directly in discord?)

I believe they have a Questions & Support channel if you want to ask them. I just watch pretty planes go around (at times literally) and am happy that there's someone making them do it. It's quite relaxing.

If there are outstanding copyright issues, it's with the creator of FAIB that they need to talk (and he needs to talk to them). That's how it works. Forum discussions on this are pretty spurious, IMHO. 

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 5

spacer.png

spacer.png

Keep things civil please. It should be noted that AIG software is freeware so that group aren't looking at any financial gain by adding to the discussion. They have a great deal of experience so are worth listening to.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It should be noted that AIG software is freeware so that group aren't looking at any financial gain by adding to the discussion.

It should be noted that financial gain isn't the only kind of gain. 

They're a third party with no concern or involvement in this issue. Any experience in actual copyright disputes and issues (which I happen to have due to RL studies and professional work, and is the only experience that counts in this) dictates that the only parties involved are FAIB and FSLTL. It's their responsibility and privilege to sort this out if they're interested in doing so via the channels they deem appropriate, whether it's direct negotiation, legal, or even inaction. Anyone else's contribution doesn't hold any weight whatsoever.

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 2

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Abriael said:

It should be noted that financial gain isn't the only kind of gain. 

They're a third party with no concern or involvement in this issue. Any experience in actual copyright disputes and issues (which I happen to have due to RL studies and professional work, and is the only experience that counts in this) would dictate that the only parties involved are FAIB and FSLTL. It's their responsibility and privilege to sort this out if they're interested in doing so. Anyone else's contribution doesn't have any weight whatsoever.

Everyone on AvSim is entitled to express their opinion providing it’s done in a respectful manner. As to whether it “carries any weight” is down to each individual. You speak purely for yourself and no one else.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Everyone on AvSim is entitled to express their opinion providing it’s done in a respectful manner. As to whether it “carries any weight” is down to each individual. You speak purely for yourself and no one else.

Indeed. And they have done so plenty. Speaking for myself (with all due respect, which has never been lacking) throwing around accusations directed at another freeware developer isn't something I deem respectful, nor productive, or constructive (or something that can be judged positively in any shape of form). 

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 6

spacer.png

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Abriael said:

Speaking for myself (with all due respect, which has never been lacking) throwing around accusations directed at another freeware developer isn't something I deem respectful, nor productive, or constructive (or something that can be judged positively in any shape of form

“Throwing around accusations”? Quote that please. I see nothing of the sort.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather