Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Nielsen

Pyreegue EGPF out!

It's out now.  Once again, amazing scenery.  IMO, because they are able to model the landside areas to the same degree as the airside areas, I think they have surpassed FT and FB in scenery design.  And that's a pretty high bar to clear.

I have to say @FilbertFlies didn't even do it justice...lol.

EGPF Glasgow Airport - Microsoft Flight Simulator - Orbx (orbxdirect.com)

Edited by Jeff Nielsen
  • Like 6

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

A link would be nice and should be a new rule for any OP announcing releases. 

• Like 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

4 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

A link would be nice and should be a new rule for any OP announcing releases. 

lol...sorry, I assumed everyone here was already aware it was inbound.  Especially high-profile add-ons.  I've inserted it above.  Thanks.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen
  • Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Just now, Jeff Nielsen said:

lol...sorry, sometimes I assume everyone here was already aware it was inbound.  Especially high-profile add-ons.  I've inserted it above.  Thanks.

You're good, thank you for doing this. It's so convenient to just hop to the scenery directly from the thread. It does look really good. 

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Just bought and installed Glasgow and about to check it out-loved all of Pyreegue airports so far.

Alienware m15 R7: Intel Core i7-12700H, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, nVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB, Windows 11 Home.

MacBook Air: M1, 2020 (7-core GPU), 8GB unified memory, macOS Ventura

iMac: mid-2017, Core i5 3GHz, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 555 2GB, macOS Ventura.

Sims: MSFS, X-Plane 10, 11 & 12.

A bit expensive for a small airport imo. But I will probably buy it when it comes to a discount next year. I like the toggable static airliners. This is very important when we get more and more ai-traffic add-ons. I hope that ORBX and others will follow this example for all airports.

• Like 4

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Oooof! That really is pricey (just over £19). Edinburgh was really good, though, so I'll pick it up in a sale at some point.

• Like 1

Pricey? Have you guys used P3D/FSX at all?

(US$21.25 | €18,91 | £16.07) very resonable for a scenery considering the amount of work that has gone into it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

Oooof! That really is pricey (just over £19). Edinburgh was really good, though, so I'll pick it up in a sale at some point.

33 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

(US$21.25 | €18,91 | £16.07) very resonable for a scenery considering the amount of work that has gone into it.

Actually, £19.28 | €22.69  (at least in the UK).

Value for money is of course subjective. I wouldn't personally pay that sort of money for an airport I would rarely use, but as EGPH Edinburgh is one of the airports I use most in real life (and the quality is top level), it was a must buy for me. On top of that Pyreegue is a very responsive developer who listens to suggestions and acts on them. After EGPH was released, I suggested the addition of the Airlink bus service and pointed out inaccuracies/improvements for the Spitfire replica gate guardian and both were implemented in the first update. Ok, so I'm still awaiting the bunnies🐰 I also requested, but you can't have everything!😊

If you can't justify £19 for Glasgow, fair enough, but believe me when I say that the work that goes into these airports was well worth it for me, especially considering how disappointing the default examples are.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

5 hours ago, shamrockflyer said:

Come, come. If we can't take a break from snarkiness during the festive season, when can we, eh? 😁

It's £19 in the UK (including VAT - perhaps you don't have to pay VAT where you live?).

Edited by spacedyemeerkat

7 hours ago, shamrockflyer said:

Oof, that one stung. You're not wrong, though.
Some of the dross available for P3D at the same price point really makes me shake my head in disbelief.

£19.xx for something that looks as good as this? IMO, it's an absolute steal.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

10 hours ago, Nemo said:

A bit expensive for a small airport imo. But I will probably buy it when it comes to a discount next year. I like the toggable static airliners. This is very important when we get more and more ai-traffic add-ons. I hope that ORBX and others will follow this example for all airports.

IIRC PilotPlus (?) have stated before, they can not remove static airliners at their Bristol scenery due to MSFS limitations?
Just annoying to have two planes sitting at one gate when flying online.

I don't really get why it's not possible to let customers choose if they want to have static airliners or not. 😥

4 hours ago, Konterhalbe said:

IIRC PilotPlus (?) have stated before, they can not remove static airliners at their Bristol scenery due to MSFS limitations?
Just annoying to have two planes sitting at one gate when flying online.

I don't really get why it's not possible to let customers choose if they want to have static airliners or not. 😥

Sometimes there is a static.bgl file you can change to static.off but I have looked all through the files for Bristol and many other airports with statics that unfortunately dont have such a file. I dont like statics either, some look awful in my opinion and take up gates I would like to use, hopefully we can get rid of statics soon!

• Like 1

@shamrockflyer yeah this was always the first thing I did after installing a new airport addon back in P3D for the exact same reasons you've pointed out but I guess it's not that simple anymore in MSFS.

For those who have Edinburgh but on the fence on Glasgow, imho they have upped the level with Glasgow which is saying something. Seriously high quality and a lot of work has gone into this one an it shows.

• Like 2

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.