Sign in to follow this  
IanHarrison

Re-install after P3Dv 5.3 update not working

I upgraded to P3D v5.3 and got the PMDG747 working fine. I then re-installed Fs2Crew from a new copy.

However. it does not show in P3D even after running it twice. I tried to run the configurator but it is insisting that I am not running it from the correct place, (which I am),

then says that it cannot find the Option.ini file for PMDG.

I have not changed anything, it loaded automatically after I chose v5 option.

Which directory should it be in. I have a Lockheed Martin and a Prepar3dv5?

Thanks.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

When you ran the PMDG 747, did you get a warning about Admin rights? 

The PMDG options ini file is only created after the PMDG 747 is loaded at least once.

So you need to load the PMDG, then shut it down. 

The options ini file should then have been created assuming no Admin rights problem that would block the creation of that file.

Then (and only then) can you can "enable" FS2Crew via the FS2Crew Config Manager.

So to recap... the PMDG options.ini will not not exist until you have loaded the aircraft at least once and shut it down.

That's just the way PMDG did it.

Edited by byork

No warning.

Re-installed FS2Crew with run as admin. Ran P3D as admin Chose 747.

Closed P3D ran Configurator as admin. end result error message

Can't post image.

But says" FSX/FSX:SE/P3D path not located properly. Please launch FS2Crew Manager from Main_simulator_folder\FS2Crew2010\Versions|PMDG747QOTSII

Which is exactly what I did.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

When you installed FS2Crew (I assume you're using the QOTS II version), did the FS2Crew installer correctly auto detect the location of the P3D V5 main folder?

It should have, unless you have a registry problem.

FS2Crew would need to be installed to the "main" P3D V5 folder; the installer should have auto detected that folder for you.

15 hours ago, byork said:

When you installed FS2Crew (I assume you're using the QOTS II version), did the FS2Crew installer correctly auto detect the location of the P3D V5 main folder?

It should have, unless you have a registry problem.

FS2Crew would need to be installed to the "main" P3D V5 folder; the installer should have auto detected that folder for you.

I let it do its own thing and I thought it was in the right place. I will check the registry entries.

Thanks Bryan,

You indirectly helped me to solve another problem, which I won't bore you with.

The cause of the trouble was the installation of P3D last week.

It installed in two directories, don't ask. So the add-on programs didn't find what they wanted.

Today, I uninstalled, re-installed and made sure there was only one directory.

Needless to say, the program is working as it should.

Thanks again (and to Pete Dowson).

Ian