Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Hybrid v5.2.22 and v5.3 'version'...

Hi Mitch,

You’ve been on quite a journey! Thanks for sharing with us. It’s been both captivating, instructive and very entertaining!

Best regards,

Mike 😀👍👍

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

Hi Mitch,

You’ve been on quite a journey! Thanks for sharing with us. It’s been both captivating, instructive and very entertaining!

Best regards,

Mike 😀👍👍

Mike, quite frankly, P3D v5.3.0 just 'seemingly' can't run properly on my system.  Erratic FPS,  stops, starts, freezes, jerks, micro stutter...goes away, comes back...this 'n that.  So..I was hoping with this thread to get my 'cake' and get to eat it too! So..it appears that I have...got everything that is in both the Content and Scenery updates installed, and with being run by v5.2.22, is smooth as a baby's butt!   None of the above P.I.A.'s...just back to fun flying...Commercial and G.A.

Cheers!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

We're done!   Looks and runs great!

P3D v5.2.22  (Client)

P3D v5.3.0  Content and Scenery

Looks great, runs great...all is good!

...a keeper...and back to the flight on pause...

Same here. Works smoothly without any issues. 

• Like 1

Zachary Kerr

"I fly a fake plane on my computer and I love it!"

What's at the top?

5.3 or 5.2?

Edited by holliwutt

i7-10700k 5,1 GHz - 18 GB RAM - ASUS 1080Ti  - Dell G-Sync Monitor

1 hour ago, holliwutt said:

What's at the top?

5.3 or 5.2?

I am running the v5.2.22 Client.

I then deleted both v5.2.22 Content and Scenery, and then installed both of those from the v5.3.0 Folder.   So, v5.2.22 is playing very nice in the Sand Box with the 2 v5.3.0 'kiddies'...  No pauses, no jerks, no stutters, and I can have my 'always' setting of 20 percent on the Traffic Slider, and not one drop in my 30-32 FPS running under the v5.2.22 Client.  All is great now...and looks really good!

Ses

1 hour ago, zkerr8 said:

Same here. Works smoothly without any issues. 

That has been my normal running experience now.  All is good, once more!

9 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I am running the v5.2.22 Client.

I then deleted both v5.2.22 Content and Scenery, and then installed both of those from the v5.3.0 Folder.   So, v5.2.22 is playing very nice in the Sand Box with the 2 v5.3.0 'kiddies'...  No pauses, no jerks, no stutters, and I can have my 'always' setting of 20 percent on the Traffic Slider, and not one drop in my 30-32 FPS running under the v5.2.22 Client.  All is great now...and looks really good!

Ses

OK thanks, So I mean the main folder above "Client", which is 5.2 or 5.3? I installed 5.3 and replaced the "Client" with 5.2, but I have trees on the runway during a standard flight?

i7-10700k 5,1 GHz - 18 GB RAM - ASUS 1080Ti  - Dell G-Sync Monitor

34 minutes ago, holliwutt said:

OK thanks, So I mean the main folder above "Client", which is 5.2 or 5.3? I installed 5.3 and replaced the "Client" with 5.2, but I have trees on the runway during a standard flight?

I"m sorry Holli..I don't quite follow...'the main folder'?  In your W10 APPS selection, you will see four entries listed for P3D.x...v4, or v5, whatever you have installed.   It is there that you delete the Client, the Content and then the Scenery. Then, you'd open up the P3D v5.3.0 download zip and unzip it to your Desktop. Then, you would either run the entire installer, or would run the Client first, then run the Content, and then run the Scenery.  That would be a proper installation of v5.3,  If you want to now run v5.2.22 you'd only need to delete the v5.3.0 Client...press NO to deactivate your License, and then install the v5.2.22 Client.  If you have ANY Orbx scenery...you DO NEED to do the following:

Open up Orbx Central.

Go to your GLOBAL section and going down the list of your products,  use the VERIFY FILES and let each one 'verify' out.  After the last of the GLOBAL products,  you need to then look to the TOP RIGHT and press the GEAR (setting icon) and then at the left side, Open up HELP and then on the top right side, press to RESYNC all your Orbx content with the simulator.  Let that work..and then you should be fine and not see any trees or other artifacts.  

Give that a go, and see if that cures your trees on the runways...

Edited by Sesquashtoo

With quite a few members saying that their install runs like a baby's behind...well...I'd like to be able to say that as well, and having the time this frosty Sunday morn...will try the only ONE THING I have never done, since installing about three times P3D v5.3.0 Content, Scenery and Client.  I had never deleted the top 68 GB P3D x. entry...always left that, even when running the full installer.  So...did I cut myself off, short?  I am now going to remove every reference to P3D 5, all four and then use the full installer, pointed to the same folder location that is always left after what they call a full uninstall.  I also made copies of the two v5 folders in my Documents Folder, and hopefully can just pick up all those settings and point to's..so not to have to go (oh GEEZ!) through each and every 3rp program and scenery I have to reinstall.  It is what it is...I could just stay with the present working whatever...but, it is in my nature to climb the last hill to look over...thinking I might be missing out a great 'view' by not doing so...so here we go...a total deletion of all files, and a full reinstall from scratch. I hope that I can come back and tell everyone that THAT was what was holding me back...from smooth FPS and flight animation, not deleting ever, that top 68 GB entry.   That might be a happy dance to others that also had only deleted the P3D Three Musketeers....

Here we go...a Sunday Carafe of Coffee (with a shot of rum) to give me Full Deletion Liquid Courage....

Wham, bam...off to the deletion and installation races...

Ses

Edited by Sesquashtoo

On 12/5/2021 at 9:09 AM, Sesquashtoo said:

With quite a few members saying that their install runs like a baby's behind...well...I'd like to be able to say that as well, and having the time this frosty Sunday morn...will try the only ONE THING I have never done, since installing about three times P3D v5.3.0 Content, Scenery and Client.  I had never deleted the top 68 GB P3D x. entry...always left that, even when running the full installer.  So...did I cut myself off, short?  I am now going to remove every reference to P3D 5, all four and then use the full installer, pointed to the same folder location that is always left after what they call a full uninstall.  I also made copies of the two v5 folders in my Documents Folder, and hopefully can just pick up all those settings and point to's..so not to have to go (oh GEEZ!) through each and every 3rp program and scenery I have to reinstall.  It is what it is...I could just stay with the present working whatever...but, it is in my nature to climb the last hill to look over...thinking I might be missing out a great 'view' by not doing so...so here we go...a total deletion of all files, and a full reinstall from scratch. I hope that I can come back and tell everyone that THAT was what was holding me back...from smooth FPS and flight animation, not deleting ever, that top 68 GB entry.   That might be a happy dance to others that also had only deleted the P3D Three Musketeers....

Here we go...a Sunday Carafe of Coffee (with a shot of rum) to give me Full Deletion Liquid Courage....

Wham, bam...off to the deletion and installation races...

Ses

How did you make out?

Zachary Kerr

"I fly a fake plane on my computer and I love it!"

14 hours ago, zkerr8 said:

How did you make out?

Very good...v5.3 is running like a champ.   I ultimately found, that I had scenery conflicts, that when I sorted them out...got v5.3 running to a great satisfaction...so now, all elements are native v5.3.

• Upvote 1

Could you  @Sesquashtoo elaborate a little what scenery conflicts you had and how you sorted them out, please? Just want to see if that my apply to myself as well.

On 12/4/2021 at 8:31 AM, RobPol471 said:

I had to go back to 5.2 because while re-installing 5.3 twice only the apt scenarios were O.K. while I had a very bad view of the textures of the scenario beyond to remain much darker than 5.2, in the far part of the scenario they were not loaded leaving beige colored plains or mountains without considering that it was impossible to fly for the stutters if I entered the road traffic.

Before reinstalling P3D 5.2 I did this test:

uninstalled Client 5.3 with deactivation NO, installed Client 5.2 then I uninstalled Content.msi  5.3 and installed Content  5.2 leaving only Scenery 5.3.

The result is that now all the Textures are displayed with the right brightness and for the whole scenario and they seem to me even better than those 5.2 with a mixture of the Textures of
P3D 5.3 and those of Orbx Global Pack.

This "HYBRID" approach is quite intelligent.  I used to love the colors in 5.2 when I WASN'T using EA.  The ocean was a correct blue and the sky was as well.  In 5.3 the colors were cartoonish in their brightness (especially the ocean and sky).  I tested 5.3 by flying from KFLL to KSAV and the colors were definitely wrong.  I enjoy EA but sometimes I just want to get away from the excessive haze.  So....I did the "hybrid" thing today, and uninstalled 5.3 Client, installed 5.2 Client; uninstalled 5.3 Content and installed 5.2 Content.  I KEPT the 5.3 Scenery as suggested above.  I then deleted the CFG and shaders. Synced ORBX with the simulator, and fired it up.  After quickly getting and saving my settings with the new CFG, I shut it down and restarted the sim.  Everything looks great and the colors when not using EA are so much more enjoyable and quite a bit more realistic.  I also feel the sim is more stable with no micro stutters on my system. 

An additional plus is that when I want to check my FPS, I only have to hit SHIFT Z  three times, and I get a nice one line FPS reading.  In 5.3, you have to hit SHIFT Z six times and it's not a one line reading.  Inconvenient in my opinion.

I'll wait for a fix to 5.3 before trying it again.  I'm pleased with the result of the hybrid fix.

Stan

• Like 1

17 hours ago, spilok said:

This "HYBRID" approach is quite intelligent.  I used to love the colors in 5.2 when I WASN'T using EA.  The ocean was a correct blue and the sky was as well.  In 5.3 the colors were cartoonish in their brightness (especially the ocean and sky).  I tested 5.3 by flying from KFLL to KSAV and the colors were definitely wrong.  I enjoy EA but sometimes I just want to get away from the excessive haze.  So....I did the "hybrid" thing today, and uninstalled 5.3 Client, installed 5.2 Client; uninstalled 5.3 Content and installed 5.2 Content.  I KEPT the 5.3 Scenery as suggested above.  I then deleted the CFG and shaders. Synced ORBX with the simulator, and fired it up.  After quickly getting and saving my settings with the new CFG, I shut it down and restarted the sim.  Everything looks great and the colors when not using EA are so much more enjoyable and quite a bit more realistic.  I also feel the sim is more stable with no micro stutters on my system. 

An additional plus is that when I want to check my FPS, I only have to hit SHIFT Z  three times, and I get a nice one line FPS reading.  In 5.3, you have to hit SHIFT Z six times and it's not a one line reading.  Inconvenient in my opinion.

I'll wait for a fix to 5.3 before trying it again.  I'm pleased with the result of the hybrid fix.

Stan

Same here. I loved EA in 5.3 but found that it made the jaggies and shimmering more noticeable even with high AA settings, not to mention that for some reason I had more blurries with it turned on, and flashing white dots on the runways. 

Turning it off and going back to 5.2 fixed them somewhat, and the skies/clouds are rendered more beautifully with ASCA/envtex. Hopefully LM will post a hotfix for 5.3 soon.