Sign in to follow this  
knich

Real Traffic Time Lapse

Hi..does anyone know how this feature works?  

I know you can see traffic going back about 24 hours.  So if I load MSFS and the push back the slider from say 6p to 6a.  Will I see the traffic that existed at 6a in the sim?  Or is it just a visual of what it looked like at 6am?

Also...If I am using the learner feature, if I do the same thing, will it learn based on the time lapse or if it is 6p IRL and I move slider to 6am will it only learn based on actual time IRL?

Thanks.

23 minutes ago, knich said:

1) I know you can see traffic going back about 24 hours.  So if I load MSFS and the push back the slider from say 6p to 6a.  Will I see the traffic that existed at 6a in the sim? 

I2) f I am using the learner feature, if I do the same thing, will it learn based on the time lapse or if it is 6p IRL and I move slider to 6am will it only learn based on actual time IRL?.

@1)  The time in MSFS is not leading. You should go back in time with the slider in RealTraffic. Then you will get the traffic at that time (of that day). You can of course sync your time in MSFS with it manually.

@2)  If you go back in time in RT while running Learner, it will learn from that time (of that day) and fill in new found  entries in the airport file with that time (of course ...) 

Nico

Edited by kiek

4 hours ago, kiek said:

@1)  The time in MSFS is not leading. You should go back in time with the slider in RealTraffic. Then you will get the traffic at that time (of that day). You can of course sync your time in MSFS with it manually.

@2)  If you go back in time in RT while running Learner, it will learn from that time (of that day) and fill in new found  entries in the airport file with that time (of course ...) 

Nico

Thanks Nico..exactly what I wanted to know.

Hey Nico..follow up question:

It is 1426 in Lisbon.  But when I move RT traffic back one hour it shows LT time as 0634?  Shouldn't it show LT as 1326?

Edited by knich

4 hours ago, knich said:

It is 1426 in Lisbon.  But when I move RT traffic back one hour it shows LT time as 0634?  Shouldn't it show LT as 1326?

? When I do that  I see the right time. Are you lookig at the rtight place?

I assume that your offset slider in RT was all to the left (Real time traffic) when it was 1426 at your watch. If you then slide it to the right one hour it will show 1326

Edited by kiek

1 hour ago, kiek said:

? When I do that  I see the right time. Are you lookig at the rtight place?

I assume that your offset slider in RT was all to the left (Real time traffic) when it was 1426 at your watch. If you then slide it to the right one hour it will show 1326

Ah...it appears to be based on my computer location not based on traffic location?  

Edited by kiek

1 hour ago, knich said:

Ah...it appears to be based on my computer location not based on traffic location?  

Indeed, the time where your computer (or better you)  is (are) located is the real time of course... 

• Like 1