Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The P3D 'Methodical Installation'....

16 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Ray I might have missed that one...was too busy enjoying v5.3...lol.  Cheers! How's it working for you?

You didn’t miss it because you posted it. I’m sure you know that.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

27 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You didn’t miss it because you posted it. I’m sure you know that.

Oh...that one...yeah...it was a gut reaction to being disrespected by the poster,  in the post just above it, that still remains visible in the thread  Got it.   I didn't see my 'reaction to that post', gone.

Cheers,

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Just before I sign off for the night,  I just want to make a clarification comment, if I may;

I am not by means of this thread as the O.P. to imply that the default is BETTER than Orbx Global.  I would say that it could replace Orbx Global if that was a way for you to run the sim to your requirements. It was to imply that if you can not run v5.3 with stable and ample FPS, or that it has episodes of start/stop animation. pause in animation, and or while the plane is animating there is obvious micro-chop in its advance...if you have any of that,  I would suggest, only suggest that you might want to remove the layers of Orbx products that you own and are installed, ...and that seemed fine to fly with in any previous version, as it was for me...and to start with a totally default global scenery.

Run v5.3 and note if there is any improvement on YOUR SYSTEM...to running of it...and if you are then getting satisfactory results, that make you happy, then you can stay with the default world scenery, or...you can experiment.  Try adding one Orbx product at a time...and then see how the sim runs. If good...stay there, or add another...and on and on, until you note at what layering you started to see a deterioration of FPS, or fluid animation.   I will say, that with flying default P3D v5.3 world scenery,  it has not taken away from my immersion level, and I am enjoying elements that I have not seen in my current Orbx Global.  So...wanted to just say that as a result of going to default,  I can now run P3D v5.3 very satisfactorily on my system.   If you have great running results with your system with all your Orbx products in place...then this thread of course, would be of no value or interest to you, the reader.

Cheers,

Ses 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Just before I sign off for the night,  I just want to make a clarification comment, if I may;

I am not by means of this thread as the O.P. to imply that the default is BETTER than Orbx Global.  I would say that it could replace Orbx Global if that was a way for you to run the sim to your requirements. It was to imply that if you can not run v5.3 with stable and ample FPS, or that it has episodes of start/stop animation. pause in animation, and or while the plane is animating there is obvious micro-chop in its advance...if you have any of that,  I would suggest, only suggest that you might want to remove the layers of Orbx products that you own and are installed, ...and that seemed fine to fly with in any previous version, as it was for me...and to start with a totally default global scenery.

Run v5.3 and note if there is any improvement on YOUR SYSTEM...to running of it...and if you are then getting satisfactory results, that make you happy, then you can stay with the default world scenery, or...you can experiment.  Try adding one Orbx product at a time...and then see how the sim runs. If good...stay there, or add another...and on and on, until you note at what layering you started to see a deterioration of FPS, or fluid animation.   I will say, that with flying default P3D v5.3 world scenery,  it has not taken away from my immersion level, and I am enjoying elements that I have not seen in my current Orbx Global.  So...wanted to just say that as a result of going to default,  I can now run P3D v5.3 very satisfactorily on my system.   If you have great running results with your system with all your Orbx products in place...then this thread of course, would be of no value or interest to you, the reader.

Cheers,

Ses 

Thanks for the tip.  What are your system specs?

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

Salut!

Have you check orbx files.

After read your post i decide to check the différents orbx Addon. 

Not difficult, go to my product and for each check verify files

Objectflow, nada, 

Libraries 240mb downloaded

Base pack, building hd, terrafloraV2 nada,

Vector, 1,82 gb downloaded

I will continue until all was checked.

For now i am not totally happy with 5.3, FPS goes 45 to 17 and two flights with p3d when i landing the airport IS black runway is just a road without detail

During this problem i checked how cores of the cpu are , less 60% use for all.

Frédéric Giraud

11 hours ago, JNS said:

Thanks for the tip.  What are your system specs?

Dell XPS 730x

12 GB system RAM max allowed on  M.B.

CPU: i7-980 Extreme 4 core

GPU: EVGA 1070 8GB FTW

10,000 rpm Velociraptor hosting P3D v5.3

6 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Dell XPS 730x

12 GB system RAM max allowed on  M.B.

CPU: i7-980 Extreme 4 core

GPU: EVGA 1070 8GB FTW

Thanks.

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

6 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Are you not tempted to buy an SSD. Performance-wise it will make a big difference in load times.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

10 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Are you not tempted to buy an SSD. Performance-wise it will make a big difference in load times.

Always tempted, Ray...always... 😉

20 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I used to have 2 Nr. Velocirapter drives in my old 980X system a good 10 years ago, in my early days of simming.  There was times I tried to create a RAID0 array to make them faster but they are still seriously slow compared to SSDs or even m.2 cards which are perhaps 10x faster than SSDs.  Ive changed my cpu a few times since I had the Extreme, and whilst it was expensive at the time (£750) I imagine its pretty slow compared to many of todays standard consumer cpus.  If memory serves me well I think the 980X had 6 cores (no Hyper Threading), at the time most just had 2 or 4 cores. It probably supported slower DDR3 memory too.  I think I still actually have the 980X gathering dust in a box in a spare room.

Regards

Chris Ibbotson

Edited by cj-ibbotson
  • Like 1

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

11 minutes ago, cj-ibbotson said:

I used to have 2 Nr. Velocirapter drives in my old 980X system a good 10 years ago, in my early days of simming.  There was times I tried to create a RAID0 array to make them faster but they are still seriously slow compared to SSDs or even m.2 cards which are perhaps 10x faster than SSDs. 

Agreed. And given it’s so easy to clone a drive I don’t understand why these slow drives are still in use.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

30 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Agreed. And given it’s so easy to clone a drive I don’t understand why these slow drives are still in use.

Well, to answer that...I own them, no further cost, and they do run very well (as I have smooth animation),  and I just looked up a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB (that I would need, for the program load in of this Velo...and until there are Boxing Day sales...the cost for me, would be around $479.00.   Being that I don't have any animation or load in extendeds...yes, I will replace the Velo when it goes to Velo Heaven with an SSD...but until then...will still use and enjoy the performance of the Velo.

Well, I have some good news to report for myself and my v5.3 installation.  Things bug me, until I can figure out why...I had all m Orbx loaded into v5.2HF2 just fine...kept 30 FPS...(mostly, most on-screen happenings) and yet, with installing v5.3, I was sitting at 12-17 with the same scenery.  I then as told on this thread, removed all my Global, and everything in that section, and got back a to 30 FPS using only the Default P3D Global World Scenery.  But...the mystery still remained...so I always knew I could keep installing a non-Orbx Global install, so kept experimenting with my Global Entries.  I installed them once more...and again was in the 12-17 FPS toilet.  So...I started looking over where Orbx (with using re-sync) was placing all my Orbx content in the Scenery.cfg   I then spent most of this morning and afternoon, editing the file...changing the products and their levels.  The result of that, is that I now have a fully loaded in (once more) Orbx Global everything and can maintain an FPS of between 27-33 FPS mean average.  I had scenery level conflicts that had to be manually adjusted as the Orbx auto-runs did not (for my system, perhaps not yours...) place them for me to not have (whatever) conflicts

So, I was right...(for me...) my Orbx Globals were affecting (as loaded) my v5.3 FPS and smooth animation performance, but only in that their singular product levels had to be manually groomed by me.  After that...all is now good. So, in closing, if you also by deleting Orbx Global (products) get a much better FPS count, or smoother sim running in animation, I suggest you play around with your Scenery.cfg file..and see by that 'playing around' it allows you to regain FPS and animation performance, in the running of P3D v5.3, and all your Orbx content.

So...I'm now getting totally satisfactory performance, enjoying all the PBR 'goodness' loved the shadows generated by my passengers as they walked down the Glass Panel Jetway...and their shadows played out on the structure...the sun glow and points off of the metal wing of the 737 I am flying climbing out of KFNT, bound for Florida (Orbx TE), so am happy once more. It just took time to deduce what was happening, and what was the source or conditions for not getting good and erratic FPS performance, and as I stated it was the level content of all my 'junk'.  I have LOTS...GB's of 'junk'...and they all now play nice in the P3D v5.3 Sandbox...

The message of this last post, is that the Orbx content is not a fatal one...it just (might be ) on some systems and Scenery.cfg's...a need to massage those product placements in the Scenery.cfg file...and that's exactly what I did...manually. You may have the problem(s) I was having. You may not ever had those problems.  I figured out what it was on my unique system to bypass and remove those problems.

Cheers,

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

yes, I will replace the Velo when it goes to Velo Heaven with an SSD...but until then...will still use and enjoy the performance of the Velo.

I trust you have backups as drives don’t normally give notice of when they’re about to expire.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather