Sign in to follow this  
thepilot

FlightSimStudios Halifax Stanfield Int'l (CYHZ) released

I knew it had been in development for quite some time, but to see it released so soon after London (CYXU) is a nice surprise and another early Christmas present.

https://www.fsimstudios.com/product/fsimstudios-halifax-stanfield-international-airport-cyhz-p3d

Also great to see another new airport for P3D.

Routes from and to Halifax:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/yhz/routes

• Like 4

I'm going to get it on monday.  Looking forward to it.  Often I will fly fictional routes.  So I envision doing things like YHZ-JFK/BOS/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 minute ago, micstatic said:

I'm going to get it on monday.  Looking forward to it.  Often I will fly fictional routes.  So I envision doing things like YHZ-JFK/BOS/

I am going to get it as well, more than happy to support quality developments for P3D. Connects nicely with FlyTampa's YUL and YYZ, too.

Actually AC Express used to operate YHZ-BOS with the Q400. A great fit for the Majestic, especially with the Training version now.

Things are really coming together it seems.

• Like 2

I bought their MSFS version of CYHZ last summer through ORBX Central (Partner) and it is very good. I might decide to buy their P3D version as well since I still use P3D.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

I did a double take. I have the mfsg. But the store page on simmarket is gone?!?!?

Fsimstudios did not model the expanded cargo ramp opened this year that is a little disappointing.

10 hours ago, radio altimeter said:

I did a double take. I have the mfsg. But the store page on simmarket is gone?!?!?

Fsimstudios did not model the expanded cargo ramp opened this year that is a little disappointing.

I was about to ask about the new cargo ramp.

Since I mainly fly cargo planes, my hopes were high for this airport. But now I think I will pass on this airport.

Thanks for giving this information

Jasper Koelewijn

Current sims: DCS, P3Dv4, P3Dv5, MSFS
- Game pc: Intel I9 11900KF, Nvidia RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, 4x SSD, 1100W power supply, 2 x 40'' 4K monitor
- Stream pc: Intel I7 4790K, Nvidia 1080Ti, 32GB RAM, 2x SSD, 850W power supply, 2x 27'' monitor
- Other: Track-IR, Thrustmaster Wartog HOTAS, Saitek Combat rudder pedals, Saitek X-55, HP Reverb G2.

Anyone know anything about their CYYC v2 that was supposed to be on the way?
(I no longer have a Facebook account and cannot sign-in to view their page).

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

53 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Next year now apparently.

• Upvote 1

Halifax Stanfield certainly isn't new to P3D.  It is the base airport for Simaddons, a Swiss company that has replicated numerous Canadian airports and continues to grow.  It also has the same lineup for MSFS.  the Halifax airport has been around for over 6 + years and has undergone many changes in runway lengths and buildings being added, plus sloped runways which arrived with P3Dv5. There is a staff member of the CYHZ airport who supplies all the changes made to the airport before they are built. Simaddons provides these changes quite often and at no charge.

1 hour ago, jfmitch said:

Halifax Stanfield certainly isn't new to P3D.  It is the base airport for Simaddons, a Swiss company that has replicated numerous Canadian airports and continues to grow.  It also has the same lineup for MSFS.  the Halifax airport has been around for over 6 + years and has undergone many changes in runway lengths and buildings being added, plus sloped runways which arrived with P3Dv5. There is a staff member of the CYHZ airport who supplies all the changes made to the airport before they are built. Simaddons provides these changes quite often and at no charge.

I have bought from Simaddons before.  Not even close in quality to Fsimstudios.  They (Simaddons) were cartoony to me.  I also found them quite pricey for what you get.  Just my too cents. 

Edited by Darcy
  • Like 3

I also have simaddons, sadly their yhz is no longer updated for v4 so is quite out of date. FSS quality is far superior. 

Dan

• Like 1

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

4 hours ago, F737NG said:

They have an active discord if you use that system. I also don’t visit Facebook. 

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

Well Dan it appears that you are out of date, not Simaddons.  We are now at P3DV5.3 and Simaddons is compatible with it.  I don't mind someone coming out and saying they have put out a product but when they claim it is a first for P3D that's plain BS.  There has been a great deal of work put into Simaddons P3D version over the many years that P3DV4 has become redundant.  Very few companies are still putting out anything for P3DV4.

On top of that FlightSim Studios failed to add the cargo hangers which were built in 2019-2021. The main hanger is a 62,000-square-foot facility on 25 acres of previously vacant land and flanked it with a new apron with eight aircraft parking positions dedicated to cargo handling. It also designated space for cargo logistics on the air side and ground side.

CYYC was redone for P3DV5 (in particular its new ultra-long runway) and I helped in the production of CYMM, which is so perfect as to model the 100 odd photos I took.

Take a look at  the website : https://www.simaddons.com/pages/simaddons_preview1.htm

Edited by jfmitch
added stuff

Hi there, great to see another aviation fan in my neck of the woods!  

I was emailing Ralph just recently about his YHZ and asked if it would be updated for v4 but he said development had stopped for v4 and the focus was v5 and MSFS. That's why I mentioned that it was no longer updated for v4.  I've tried v5.x a few times but I find it unstable and buggy so I am sticking with v4 at this point.  Perhaps 5.3 is better?  v4.5 continues to be a rock star and solid.  MSFS is not on my horizon at this point but I hear the simaddons scenery works well with it.

I have no doubt that a lot of work was put in by Ralph and others for the simaddons sceneries.  I have the entire collection and have enjoyed the Atlantic Airport tour as well as some Ottawa, Winnipeg and west coast scenery.  I wish YMM was v4 compatible but there is no word on that.  

So I stand by my statement that I find FSS quality is better for v4.  I've had no luck with v5 and MSFS is uninstalled so I can't compare.

All the best,

Dan

Edited by dpergau
added MSFS comment

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

It is a shame that the cargo area wasn't modelled.  Hopefully FSS updates it down the road?

Dan

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL