Sign in to follow this  
yellowjack

Memory problem

Guest jmuzzy

Latest effort in FSX (E6800, nvidia8800gtx, etc). Departed DFW to the north, about 30 miles before heading west, then southeast to intercept the ILS. While turning to intercept the ILS, the sim got very jerky, then a white box appeared saying "out of memory, program will terminate" or some such. I have 2 gigs of memory. The memory box in Vista shows 67% while running FSX. What are you other guys getting for memory useage? (using the latest NVIDIA driver out 4/17). Again - VERY disappointing.

Hi there,I had the same problem with my newly built e6600, 2gb ram, NVidia 7600 GT etc. I was flying around Orcas Island and decided to reload into Seattle instead of flying there. I departed Seattle and had the out of memory error. This was the first time I had ever seen it with FSX. I never had this problem with my old computer (P4 3.0 GHz, 1mb Ram, ATI x850 xtpe). Both systems had Vista installed. I had been playing around with graphics settings and it was looking pretty but slow when it crashed. I turned down the graphics settings in all tabs and haven't had the problem since. FSX still does look real nice though. At the time though my memory tool showed that it was right full so it was definately the case. Most times when I am flying the memory is at about 75% and stays nailed there the whole time. I am also using the latest drivers 158.xx (whatever they gave me when i downloaded last Thursday). Hopefully this gives you a little answer to what you're looking for.Tony

>Latest effort in FSX (E6800, nvidia8800gtx, etc). Departed>DFW to the north, about 30 miles before heading west, then>southeast to intercept the ILS. While turning to intercept the>ILS, the sim got very jerky, then a white box appeared saying>"out of memory, program will terminate" or some such. I have 2>gigs of memory. The memory box in Vista shows 67% while>running FSX. What are you other guys getting for memory>useage? (using the latest NVIDIA driver out 4/17). Again ->VERY disappointing.>>If you have setup the BufferPool tweak in the fsx.cfg file, try removing it. That has caused memory and performance issues on my system, since removing those statements, I have zero memory issues!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest surfsup

If you have more than 2 megs of memory. I found a solution on the net that has to with the way XP and Vista map memory. Worked for me. No more crashes or fuzzies. Machine similar to yours.Posted on Flightsim here:http://forums.flightsim.com/dc/dcboard.php..._id=22622&page=If you have a 8800GTX card I find the following works well in FSX.CFG - The Bandwidth is a little crazy but works for me:Under Display:Texture_Bandwidth_Mult=1800Under Main:Fiber_Frame_Time_Fraction=0.50DisablePreload=1Under TERRAIN:Terrain_Max_Autogen_Trees_Per_Cell=3000Terrain_Max_Autogen_Buildings_Per_Cell=1500Add at the end of the file in brackets: "BufferPools"followed by:PoolSize=1000000010000000 is as high as one can go but works better than 5000000 for me.Good Luck

Guest radivil

Has anyone noticed any kind of pattern to the "out of memory" thing? Mine seems to only happen when I'm using real world weather and either when I'm in the process of landing or have already landed. The distance flown, amount of time spent in the air, and airports involved don't seem to make a difference. Oh, and it only seems to happen in jets (the A321 and CRJ700). I've experienced "out of memory (OOM)" with the following flights:1) KDCA to KPIT, late afternoon to dusk, cloudy with light snow, CRJ700. OOM shortly after being told to follow another aircraft on final2) KERI (Erie, PA) to KPIT (about 150 miles), midday, some clouds, CRJ700. OOM a few hundred feet off the end of the runway, declared missed approach shortly before.3) KUNV (State College, PA) to KPIT (about 180 miles), midday, overcast, perhaps some rain, CRJ700. OOM roughly around the middle marker of runway 10C.At this point, I thought maybe something was up with Pittsburgh! So I figured I'd try it the other direction:4) KPIT to Charlotte (KCLT?), pretty far, midday, some clouds, windy. A321, turned off runway, hit 1 to switch to the ground frequency, OOM.I'm going to try other flights in the next few days. I didn't get any out of memory issues until the last 10 days or so and I'm fascinated with trying to figure out if there's something I did.

Isn't the old FS9 bugaboo about the DefaultXML draining memory back in FSX? I think if you remove that file from the autogen directory the memory will stay intact.There's been quite a bit of discussion about that here in this forum.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

@ Surfsup, Thanks for the 8800 config tweaks. I tried them out yesterday. They worked very well and gave me a noticeable frame rate increase and I still use 16AA for FSX. :)

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.