Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

CaptainSim 764-400ER released

Captain Sim! Close your browsers and turn off the computer before anything can happen!

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

8 hours ago, simon747 said:

The window frames are very different between the two which makes the 767 look smaller internally; it looks like they did not modify

Are you talking about the interior cosmetic plastics?. Section 41 includes the window frames so they are dimensionally identical on both aircraft types much the same as they are on the 707,727 and 737. Only asking because of your link to an external shot of a 777.  A couple of pieces of plastic isnt going to change that due to the egress certification requirements. 

59 minutes ago, Garys said:

Are you talking about the interior cosmetic plastics?. Section 41 includes the window frames so they are dimensionally identical on both aircraft types much the same as they are on the 707,727 and 737. Only asking because of your link to an external shot of a 777.  A couple of pieces of plastic isnt going to change that due to the egress certification requirements. 

Yes, meaning the large internal cockpit plastic 'cosmetic' differences on the window frames and overhead parts etc...the first one is a -400:

https://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/195753/n67052-united-airlines-boeing-767-400er/

and a 777 with the usual more dark brown bits and pieces:

https://www.airliners.net/photos/airliners/6/7/0/1645076.jpg

So, yes the have a lot of internal differences and similarities.  Compass for one; grab handles etc seem to vary.

Edited by simon747
  • Like 1

Simon

57 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Just when you think CaptainSim reached the bottom of the barrel, here they go again. Let's get that straight - they copied their 777 cockpit which on its own uses a copied 747 system architecture. It's a copy of a copy, it's a scam based on a scam. That's almost philosophical.

Actually....even being one of the most vocal of the CS bashers club, I don't blame them for this approach....like I mentioned in a previous post, minimal effort, maximum profit.  This is a good business model based on those merits...however there is so much more to the CS story that many either are unaware of, nor choose not to care about.  Personally....all I care about is how they treat customers after the sale...and let's just say their track record in that area is...abysmal. 

I could quote specific examples that would fill pages here, but all you have to do is go to their forums and browse.  One current (I say current because there has been such abandonment on every project, esp. P3D, that you literally can't hit a sub-forum over there without seeing a "Is development going to continue on this plane?") because even the newest jewels from CS...the ones they actually respond to in a semi-timely manor, have also gone just about radio-silent, as I'm sure ALL they are focused on is popping out the next external model for MSFS.

The 777 for xbox....you'd "think" they'd be all over the issues on that one....nope.  I had one small example posted below, including the canned response they finally made after 3 months of ignoring the subject of wing flex...well ignoring an actual fix, but took it out as it was wordy and some posts over there are flat out insults that CS has not gotten around to deleting yet. I guess they are so busy getting the next external shell ready for MSFS, they are even letting the rude comments on their forums slide. 🤣  (Very out of character for them....it got so bad at one time they shut the forums down to batch delete messages that were coming in faster than they could delete them...twice in fact....once when they decided they "own" painters work and could force them to only post at their site...and right around the time they made the decision to release a 767 freighter with no animated cargo door or systems-specific code (read - they painted a cargo door on the pax model)...oh, and released the long awaited GE engine....with no sounds.  After stringing along customers in their forums for months that the Freighter was coming....even showing it "Confirmed" in their manual...LOL)
No need to bring that here for the most part...just go read over there if you want to see how they treat (and mostly ignore) their customers...especially P3D customers.  This is why I'm a vocal simmer when I see CS release another.....plane?  What about support for all the previous planes?  Some at $100 a pop!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Actually....even being one of the most vocal of the CS bashers club, I don't blame them for this approach....like I mentioned in a previous post, minimal effort, maximum profit.  This is a good business model based on those merits...however there is so

Yes, I can see what you are saying and anything to bring flight to home PC's I support, esp if it is airliner.  What works for some might not work for others and vice versa.  I hope someone at least makes a sound package; that would help somewhat from the few video's I have seen.

Edited by simon747

Simon

On 12/7/2021 at 3:38 PM, simon747 said:

True, but there are a lot of other structural differences ie; window pillar design, color and material and other plastic elements that make the cockpits look a lot different overall when not looking directly at the main panel between the -400 and a 777.

true, its basically the front and pedestal of a 77 squeezed into a 76, with some color changes to the texture and a heavily edited salty mod i got it to look a bit more like a 764

unknown.png

unknown.png

4 hours ago, sem said:

true, its basically the front and pedestal of a 77 squeezed into a 76, with some color changes to the texture and a heavily edited salty mod i got it to look a bit more like a 764

Yes, well done on the window casing's and other texture colours.  Looks a lot more like a 764.  

Simon

On 12/6/2021 at 11:50 AM, Garys said:

Perhaps you should take a look on airliners.net at what the flightdeck of a 767-400 looks like before posting. Would probably be a little less embarrasing for you

True for the main panel and pedestal.... but the overhead? It's still a 767 one!

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Perhaps CS should have just used a 767-300 or KC46 VC layout instead then?. Putting a 777 cockpit into a cheap -400 addon is 99.9% more realistic than the other 2 and hardly pathetic as per the OP. You want study level cockpits buy study level aircraft. Most users here arent the target market to begin with.

Edited by Garys

The 767-400 cockpit is similar to the 777, but it has the older FMS and -300 style overhead panel.

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

On 12/6/2021 at 5:01 PM, HighTowers said:

When oh when are we going to get a real airliner that actually has proper systems depth to the actual airliner being sold?  All payware airliners so far coming out is a cash grab with a coverup lip stick job that relies on other default systems and a shell within a shell, with very poor implementation and zero plausible fidelity. FBW A320 blows this out of the water and its free fairly complete modelling with a very well representation of its systems and a very functional FMC. Did I say free?  There is a very hungry market that is itching to fly a proper airliner other than an A320.  

Kind of remains me of all the “detailed” aircraft in xplane that settle for the default fms. Although there are at least some high quality add on aircraft for xplane available.

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

5 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

True for the main panel and pedestal.... but the overhead? It's still a 767 one!

Another thing most people didn't notice (including me until he pointed it out)...the yoke is unmistakably a 777 yoke!  Yes...I checked...the 767-400 yoke is completely different.  Sadly the post the simmer pointed it out in over at CS's forum has mysteriously vanished! 😲

Well....he did call them lazy that even though they have a 767-300 product they could have "borrowed" a yoke from...they elected not to obviously.

Oh...and here are another good tidbits to know in case you're considering buying this....plane? (copied from the CS website)

When will the rest of the liveries come?

7 free most popular liveries shown on the 764 page are coming soon.
Not sure about the rest.

Quote:

is there a possibility of you guys adding an aft satcom? as united uses aft satcoms.

The antennas management won't work on Xbox anyways. So we have removed the aft satcom from the model to make a single most versatile 764 variant.

Soooooo...the liveries they openly advertise on their commerce page are not even done yet (or have not been released, probably because they are having issues getting them thru the MSFS Marketplace). Funny...I didn't see anywhere on the commerce page that the liveries were coming "soon"...so for now...you can fly their house livery (I know how fun that is)...or the UAL they released a few days AFTER the plane launched.

And forget about satcom antennas...too much work for them to add them by their own admission.  I can start to see why the new customer (well...he had 3 replies at CS....1st one was right after the 777 was released and he was ecstatic and said it was great.  A few days later...called them lazy that they won't fix things and even Salty was providing fixes they should be doing....for free.  Finally he called them lazy again when the 767-400 came out about the 777 yoke...and poof....he's gone. 🤣  World class customer service I say.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg