Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Want better default jet flight dynamics? I have them now!

Guest JETPETER1

Since the release of FSX, I have been tinkering, tweaking all config files to more realistically fix issues like too weak TR deployment, overpowerful toe brakes, to something more realistic, as well as airbus pitch in cruise and fuel flow in the default 737. If you want me to post my config files here, in just a text message I will... let me know... Peter James / Beechjet 400A Captain by day / Flightsimmmer in hotel!

Peter,Posting the data in any form would be much appreciated!Thanks in advance.JackD

Posting them would unfortunately be a violation of copyright - he's editing and massaging the original FSX files, which in-and-of-itself is fine, but there's a legal distribution problem.He could publish exactly what changed... :) ...but not the files themselves.-Greg

MS does not seem to be very picky about this. There are already some more files in the library, that are just modified original files (gauges, repaints, etc.). If you add a license that limits distribution and upload to Avsim, it should be ok.MS should be happy that some people are fixing their bugs.Alex

Hi Greg,for what reason do you think ACES have published the SDK? There are for instance explanations how to modify the Thermal_Descriptions.xml. If you are not allowed to publish the modified file (surely it is a question if you may make money with it) it would be rather useless.So I second Alex, and Peter - please, please upload these modifications to the library. I hope you also fixed the too high idle thrust of most of the jets. I find it unrealsitic always to use speedbrakes at descents.Cheers

>Since the release of FSX, I have been tinkering, tweaking all>config files to more realistically fix issues like too weak TR>deployment, overpowerful toe brakes, to something more>realistic, as well as airbus pitch in cruise and fuel flow in>the default 737. If you want me to post my config files here,>in just a text message I will... let me know... >>Peter James / Beechjet 400A Captain by day / Flightsimmmer in>hotel!Post, post, post!