Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

White bar at top of page

Anyone else seeing this? It's blank and drops down a second or do after the page loads.  It's incredibly annoying as it prevents me from accessing my notifications on my mobile device.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I have the same white bar at the top, it is an advertising area but it does not obscure anything in EDGE.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

15 minutes ago, SteveW said:

I have the same white bar at the top, it is an advertising area but it does not obscure anything in EDGE.

Mobile edge has the same problem on my device

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

It's very annoying on mobile Chrome. I can see that I have messages but cannot click on them because it is hidden.

6 minutes ago, Deleted said:

It's very annoying on mobile Chrome. I can see that I have messages but cannot click on them because it is hidden.

@Ray Proudfoot can you say who was responsible for the introduction of the white bar please? There are NO ads on it so its value is zero, yet it is a real PITA for mobile devices.  It is only on avsim so must be specific to these pages.

Can it be removed please? 

xaP1VAU.png

32 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

@Ray Proudfoot can you say who was responsible for the introduction of the white bar please? There are NO ads on it so its value is zero, yet it is a real PITA for mobile devices.  It is only on avsim so must be specific to these pages.

Can it be removed please? 

I don’t know anymore than you Kev. Suggest you install Ad Blocker Plus which removes all ads.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

15 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I don’t know anymore than you Kev. Suggest you install Ad Blocker Plus which removes all ads.

Ad Blocker Plus I have. That's why it's just white. It still affects the use of the site.

27 minutes ago, Deleted said:

Ad Blocker Plus I have. That's why it's just white. It still affects the use of the site.

I use it on an iPad. Can't speak for other OSs, sorry.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I use it on an iPad. Can't speak for other OSs, sorry.

What white bar? Don't have anything like that. Ad blocker in use.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

xaP1VAU.png

Finally a thread that hasn't been closed! I refuse to use AdBlock Plus on my phone as I need to use Chrome for work purposes, so that answer (and subsequent thread closure) is no good to me. The "white bar" that comes across the top was never always there, it appeared sometime last month I believe. This is something that needs attention in the Forum/Web design of AVSim to prevent that from happening.

So instead of advising everyone to use a program that is not practical, please pay attention to the actual problem and fix it please, thank you.

P.S. I fully understand the need for Ads to help the site survive and I'm fine with that, but the intrusion has gotten especially bad in recent months, no other Forum I frequent (and I visit many...) suffers from any of the issues this site has when Ads are visible.

Edited by MarcG

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

On 1/4/2022 at 1:51 PM, MarcG said:

Finally a thread that hasn't been closed! I refuse to use AdBlock Plus on my phone as I need to use Chrome for work purposes, so that answer (and subsequent thread closure) is no good to me. The "white bar" that comes across the top was never always there, it appeared sometime last month I believe. This is something that needs attention in the Forum/Web design of AVSim to prevent that from happening.

So instead of advising everyone to use a program that is not practical, please pay attention to the actual problem and fix it please, thank you.

P.S. I fully understand the need for Ads to help the site survive and I'm fine with that, but the intrusion has gotten especially bad in recent months, no other Forum I frequent (and I visit many...) suffers from any of the issues this site has when Ads are visible.

I completely am getting in this barn wagon. There should be testing when introducing ads that won’t affect the user experience. This is now affecting the user experience to the point that it makes me want to stop using the forum. 

Devs/Mods please fix this. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

No known fix for now!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: