Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

MSFS After SU5 - Technical Information

Discovered today an interesting topic about the development of MSFS and Sim Update 5, that certainly helps to understand better what is going on behind the scene:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/6-sim-updates-and-6-world-updates-announced-for-2022/479029/13?u=bookedthrone276

Edited by edpatino
  • Like 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

well, sound like hearsay or interpretation or is that person from MS/Asobo?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

37 minutes ago, DAD said:

He's not.

In fact as far as we know, with SU5 Asobo improved the performance by:

• moving the glass cockpit refresh job out of the main thread. If you remember when we tweaked the js file to reduce the refresh rate to 1/2 or 1/3 of the framerate, with the airliners we gained 15-20 fps out of 35-45! Removing it completely must have caused an increase of about 25-30 fps alone and in my opinion it was responsible for most of the performance increase. 
  • limiting the loading of the assets to pilot FOV (which caused pop-in when panning, fortunately given as an option after SU5 hotfixes).

I don't see what these changes may have to do with making multimonitor support, VR "expansion" (?), Top Gun possible... pure speculation. 

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

1 hour ago, DAD said:

He speaks a bit about himself at the end of his post. He’s not part of Asobo or MS.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers