Sign in to follow this  
Bucksnort

TrackIR View Broken In Public Beta Testing Version 1.21.17.0

Just downloaded the new public beta testing version of Microsoft Flight Simulator v1.21.17.0 where TrackIR was supposed to be fixed.  Now, when I press the "Ready To Fly" button I am spawned with my view looking straight down at my seat, and re-centering TrackIR 5 with the F12 key, or hitting the "F" button or "CNTL-SPACE" to Resit Cockpit View does not change my view.  I am stuck looking straight down at my seat.  My TrackIR 5 is working fine in IL-2 Great Battles, IL-2 1946 BAT Pegasus, and Rise of Flight.

Here is a pic of what I see that I posted on Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Forum...

Works fine for me in the beta 1.21.17. Just like before they broke it with the SU7 update. Check your settings for duplicates and the other usual suspects.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

26 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

Works fine for me in the beta 1.21.17. Just like before they broke it with the SU7 update. Check your settings for duplicates and the other usual suspects.

Does it not re-center anymore either?

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Just now, Republic3D said:

Does it not re-center anymore either?

It does not recenter. If you pause TrackIR, it stays where you're looking forever. Back to normal, ie: pre-SU7.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Just now, Twenty6 said:

It does not recenter. If you pause TrackIR, it stays where you're looking forever. Back to normal, ie: pre-SU7.

Awesome. That's great news. Thanks 😃

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

After seeing your note @Twenty6 I uninstalled TrackIR5, then downloaded the TrackIR5 software from Natural Point and restarted my computer.  Then I reinstalled TrackIR5 and the same thing happened in MSFS 2020...  I spawn with my view pointed straight down at my seat.  And before I updated to the official public beta test of MSFS 2020 v1.21.17.0 I uninstalled MSFS 2020 and reinstalled it.  Started with a completely clean slate.  Community folder is empty, and I'm running nothing other than my standard peripherals:  TrackIR5, CH Products Pro Throttle, and a Thrustmaster T16000 joystick.

And I spawn looking down at my seat like the pic I posted on the Microsoft Flight Simulator Forum in the link above.

And my TrackIR5 works just fine with IL-2 Great Battles, IL-2 1946, and Rise of Flight.  I just tested it again in IL-2 Great Battles - perfect.

But thanks for letting me know your TrackIR is working, but it isn't for me, and I have no more tricks up my sleeve to solve the problem.  I still think something is wrong with MSFS 2020 in the official beta testing version, just like with SU7.

I guess I shouldn't complain, as I've had very few problems with MSFS 2020 over the past year.  So I guess it's my turn for a bug I can't solve...lol

24 minutes ago, Bucksnort said:

But thanks for letting me know your TrackIR is working, but it isn't for me, and I have no more tricks up my sleeve to solve the problem.

Seems like there may be some kind of key assignment conflicts, maybe with some of the Camera key bindings. Also make sure TrackIR is set to Trap the TrackIR key inputs (i.e., the little Trap check box is checked).

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ark said:

Seems like there may be some kind of key assignment conflicts, maybe with some of the Camera key bindings. Also make sure TrackIR is set to Trap the TrackIR key inputs (i.e., the little Trap check box is checked).

Al

The Trap box is checked in TrackIR.

And I've worn myself out staring at the Cockpit camera settings in MSFS 2020.  I'll try again tomorrow, but right now I'm stumped.  One thing that is weird, is that this problem affects my external view, too.  It's frozen...can't get it to move at all.  Guess I'll boot up MSFS 2020 without TrackIR tomorrow and see what I get.  Haven't tried that yet, as I've not flown without TrackIR for almost 20 years.

Thanks for your help! 🙂

• Like 1

Ok, I just launched MSFS 2020 without TrackIR running, and I get the same exact view looking down on my seat.

Something is wrong with MSFS 2020. This is a fresh install of MSFS 2020 that I did right before I downloaded the public beta v1.21.17.0

This is something Asobo will have to fix.  I have no more tricks up my sleeve. 

16 minutes ago, Bucksnort said:

Ok, I just launched MSFS 2020 without TrackIR running, and I get the same exact view looking down on my seat.

Something is wrong with MSFS 2020. This is a fresh install of MSFS 2020 that I did right before I downloaded the public beta v1.21.17.0

i dont get it, so something is wrong at your end, but not everyones elses, so its asobos fault. i dont believe this.

it sounds to me like an assignment issue.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, wim123 said:

i dont get it, so something is wrong at your end, but not everyones elses, so its asobos fault. i dont believe this.

it sounds to me like an assignment issue.

theres a really good one on the official forums where someone is having problems with the latest Nvidea driver and screaming that MS/Asobo needs to fix it and it's all their fault 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

1 hour ago, Bucksnort said:

ermmm  you say you are having the same issue both with and without TrackIR...  therefore  it's very very unlikely to be a trackIR issue and it's something at your end.

For me, TrackIR is back to where it was before SU7..  working perfectly.

Having said that, there seems to be an issue with menues and throttle/steering assignments in VR but Asobo have been able to reproduce and are working on a fix, but again, thats nothing to do with TrackIR or your issue and all other posts I have seen regarding TrackIR are saying it's fixed now.

Edited by Moria15
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

1 hour ago, Bucksnort said:

Try unplugging all controllers apart from keyboard and mouse and launch MSFS and see if it still happens. 

• Like 1

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

8 hours ago, Bucksnort said:

Just downloaded the new public beta testing version of Microsoft Flight Simulator v1.21.17.0 where TrackIR was supposed to be fixed.  Now, when I press the "Ready To Fly" button I am spawned with my view looking straight down at my seat, and re-centering TrackIR 5 with the F12 key, or hitting the "F" button or "CNTL-SPACE" to Resit Cockpit View does not change my view.  I am stuck looking straight down at my seat.  My TrackIR 5 is working fine in IL-2 Great Battles, IL-2 1946 BAT Pegasus, and Rise of Flight.

Here is a pic of what I see that I posted on Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Forum...

In the upper bar, click on the camera, and there must be a small click that slides from left to right, press it,

This helped me when my TrackIr was looking down, and now it works fine.

I hope it helps you

• Upvote 1

i7 11800, RTX 3070, 32Gb RAM, 2Tb

What I don't get is that this is happening on a fresh re-install of MSFS 2020 and TrackIR5.

I guess my next step will be to uninstall MSFS 2020 and TrackIR5 again, and scour my hard drives including the Windows Registry for any remnants of MSFS 2020 and TrackIR5 and delete them before re-installing both of them.

I agree that this sounds like and assignment issue, but I've spent hours and hours flipping every switch I can on the camera settings of MSFS 2020.  So the only thing I can think to do will be to start over with fresh, clean re-installs.

10 hours ago, Donka said:

Try unplugging all controllers apart from keyboard and mouse and launch MSFS and see if it still happens.

Will try this before I re-install everything again.

9 hours ago, Milosensas said:

In the upper bar, click on the camera, and there must be a small click that slides from left to right, press it,

Will also try this, but are you talking about in the MSFS 2020 camera menu, or in the TrackIR5 software?

I've now got 2 upvotes on my post of v1.21.17.0 issues on the MSFS 2020 forum, but not sure if that means they have the same problem, or if the votes are just in support of my post.  They made no comments in the thread.  But seeing this...

9 hours ago, Milosensas said:

This helped me when my TrackIr was looking down, and now it works fine.

...are you saying that you had pretty much the same problem with v1.21.17.0 or some previous version?  Misery loves company, and I hate having a totally unique problem...lol  Glad you solved your similar issue!

Edited by Bucksnort