Sign in to follow this  
Gary1124

VRef Speeds

I know it's been posted in other threads here but some of the links are broken. Can anyone link me to a vRef Chart for the Lear 35A? I want to use RW practice as much as possible operating this bird.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Gary1124 said:

I know it's been posted in other threads here but some of the links are broken. Can anyone link me to a vRef Chart for the Lear 35A? I want to use RW practice as much as possible operating this bird.

Thanks

In the linked Lear 35 AFM (Approved Flight Manual) in the Learjet35A Reference Information thread pinned above, on page 5-72 there is a chart like this:

A spacer.png

Al

Edited by ark

2 hours ago, Gary1124 said:

I screen shot and saved that chart. What about take off

V1, Vr, etc?

Thanks.

Did you look in the Lear 35 AFM  Approved Flight Manual that I referenced above for the charts you want? I would expect takeoff charts to be in there.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/557395-learjet-35a-reference-information/  See the entry Provided by Scottb613.

Suggest you look in section 5 of the flight manual since that's where the Vref chart came from.

Al

Edited by ark

5 hours ago, ark said:

Did you look in the Lear 35 AFM  Approved Flight Manual that I referenced above for the charts you want? I would expect takeoff charts to be in there.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/557395-learjet-35a-reference-information/  See the entry Provided by Scottb613.

Suggest you look in section 5 of the flight manual since that's where the Vref chart came from.

Al

I'm on my phone right now. It looks like I need the Dropbox app to read it right and my phone is tight on space. I will check it out on my tab or PC when I get a chance. I would love to have a standard PDF that Adobe app would handle. I have that on all three of my devices. Flight Aware charts on my tab are really useful for departures and approaches.

Thanks

29 minutes ago, Gary1124 said:

I'm on my phone right now. It looks like I need the Dropbox app to read it right and my phone is tight on space. I will check it out on my tab or PC when I get a chance. I would love to have a standard PDF that Adobe app would handle. I have that on all three of my devices. Flight Aware charts on my tab are really useful for departures and approaches.

Thanks

It is a large file, some 400+ pages or so (22MB). Probably best to download it on your PC if for no other reason so you can conveniently enlarge the charts. It is a pdf and once you have the file Adobe Acrobat works fine with it.

Al

On 12/8/2021 at 8:14 PM, ark said:

It is a large file, some 400+ pages or so (22MB). Probably best to download it on your PC if for no other reason so you can conveniently enlarge the charts. It is a pdf and once you have the file Adobe Acrobat works fine with it.

Al

I did look at the included knee board which includes standard V1 and VR speeds but I want the charts so I can set for temperature and altitude also. 

Darn A2A. Their hard-core aircraft spoiled me on simulations. No one does turbines like they do pistons.

1 hour ago, Gary1124 said:

I did look at the included knee board which includes standard V1 and VR speeds but I want the charts so I can set for temperature and altitude also. 

Darn A2A. Their hard-core aircraft spoiled me on simulations. No one does turbines like they do pistons.

The Lear 35 AFM reference I gave you above has charts that should meet your needs since it is intended for real world use. I was not referring to the knee board.

Al

For those interested, here's a quick and dirty way to calculate VREF.  It was taught for years at FlightSafety and by Learjet.  The Lear 35 generally has a base BOW (airplane, stock, and crew) VREF of 105 knots.  If you need to, use the chart above to determine the actual BOW VREF speed for your airplane, but I believe 105 also works in the Flysimware Lear 35.

To the base VREF speed of 105 knots, add 1/2 of the fuel load.  For example, if you are landing with 3000 lbs. of fuel, add 15 knots.  Then add 1 knot for each passenger. If you have three (3) passengers, add 3 knots. in this example, the VREF would be 123 knots.  

Most Learjet 35s, the BOW is about 10,500 lbs.  With 3000 lbs. of fuel and 3 pax at 200 lbs. per passenger, the landing weight would be 14,100 lbs.  Check the math with the example above.  The quick and dirty formula usually works out within about 1 knot of the charted VREF speed. 

We taught this method and used it in the simulator to save time between approaches. 

Hope this helps,

Rich Boll

• Like 2

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

2 hours ago, richjb2 said:

For those interested, here's a quick and dirty way to calculate VREF.  It was taught for years at FlightSafety and by Learjet.  The Lear 35 generally has a base BOW (airplane, stock, and crew) VREF of 105 knots.  If you need to, use the chart above to determine the actual BOW VREF speed for your airplane, but I believe 105 also works in the Flysimware Lear 35.

To the base VREF speed of 105 knots, add 1/2 of the fuel load.  For example, if you are landing with 3000 lbs. of fuel, add 15 knots.  Then add 1 knot for each passenger. If you have three (3) passengers, add 3 knots. in this example, the VREF would be 123 knots.  

Most Learjet 35s, the BOW is about 10,500 lbs.  With 3000 lbs. of fuel and 3 pax at 200 lbs. per passenger, the landing weight would be 14,100 lbs.  Check the math with the example above.  The quick and dirty formula usually works out within about 1 knot of the charted VREF speed. 

We taught this method and used it in the simulator to save time between approaches. 

Hope this helps,

Rich Boll

Good info, thanks very much Rich.

Al

Edited by ark