Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

How to add waypoints to default GPS?

I can't figure out how to add waypoints to the default GPS in the 737. I want to fly to MSP, and add some VORs, and then add the GOPHR 5 arrival...can i do this?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest mjtibbs

just use the flight planner?file menu > flight planner.then plot your plan.. if you want to add custom waypoints instead of using a specific fix, just click anywhere on the map and it will create a waypoint.I think the flight panner can be annoying sometimes when trying to find specific fixes (for specific arrivals)... I try to use pre-compiled flight plans from euroute to save the hassle.P.S if you didnt know, when you save a flight plan in flight planner, it automatically is loaded into your GPS.regards

Ok thank you..but I don't want to use fligt planner, I just want to add waypoints in the GPS unit itself. Is this possible in the default unit?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I don't think its possible.With the default Garmin GPS you can't edit or create a flight plan using the GPS unit itself.A little annoying because apart from that its really good! :(

Matthew S

rats.....hopefully the RXP unit gets upgraded soon heheAs far as planning on the map, I can't add waypoints. Do you have to select a dept and destination airport then create a plan? I just want to manually add all my points is that possible?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Select the arrival and departure waypoints in the default flight planner.Then drag the flight path line to where you want a waypoint to be.If the waypoint is already in the multiple scenery files which make up the navigation database - the line will 'snap' to that waypoint.If there is not a waypoint at that location - FSX will create a temporary one for the flight.You can use Notepad to edit .PLN files later and copy your key approaches to new flight plan files you create. Then you can load the saved approach without having to create it again.However, this applies to the aircraft GPS flight plan. You will need to be VFR to follow that newly created approach.Creating an approach/ SID / STAR in the flight planner is easy - but it does not include the information the ATC needs to direct your aircraft.

I think Flightsim Commander 8 could be particularly useful for creating flight plans even outside of FSX.

Hi,If these are waypoints that you would like to permanently add to your database, you could create an xml file including the locations of the waypoints and their name, compile it with bglcomp in a command line window, and move the resulting bgl file to your Addon Scenery/Scenery directory, and they will appear on your GPS. The waypointRegion variable value can be obtained from http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/04fs/data/FSICAO.htm.Here is the code to save to a file, and I've also added an attachment. This weekend I'll put up directions on my site and add a link to it from my blog.For this example, you'll need the FS9 bglcomp file. The resulting bgl will work in FSX, though. I'll also update the code to FSX's bglcomp this weekend.Cut and Paste to a file (e.g. MyWaypoints.xml)://*********** Between here ************<?xml version="1.0"?>//********** and here****************then compile it with bglcompThomasP.S. Man, it sure would be nice to have

[/Code] capability on the forum.[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/170639.zip

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg