Sign in to follow this  
Guest VAA_008

Wilco CitationX

Guest weeniemcween

I like this add on a lot. As others have said, some of the modeling could be better, in the windshield and nose mainly. Would have been nice to have 3d cup holders too. The textures should be made a little more accurate. With that said, the fmc is well done with an up to date dps/stars database and the frame rates are very good given the complexity. For me, the aircraft does not perform quite as well as the learjet but it's definitely impressive for such a complex add on. It has similar systems to the embraer legacy but gets 5-8 fps higher on average. Plus you have the aircraft configurator to program gauge features among other things and "no eye candy" models e.g. no stewardess, parking scenery to further improve frame rates. Honestly you can't tell the difference when flying. OH AND THE LANDING LIGHTS WORK! I had an annoying problem with the no eye candy models not working and I figured out the third line in the model.cfg was wronginterior=Citation_interior_nocandychanged tointerior=Citation_nocandy_interiorSimple but stupid mistake when you're paying a pretty penny.Besides impatience, performance is a critical reason why I chose to go with feelthere rather than wait it out for eaglesoft's rendition. The beechjet runs pretty choppy for me in fsx and it really shouldn't because it is not as complex as this add on, not much more so than the default aircraft. Hopefully sp1 will help things because it's a cool looking plane.

>Besides impatience, performance is a critical reason why I>chose to go with feelthere rather than wait it out for>eaglesoft's rendition. The beechjet runs pretty choppy for me>in fsx and it really shouldn't because it is not as complex as>this add on, not much more so than the default aircraft.>Hopefully sp1 will help things because it's a cool looking>plane. I'd be curious as to your system specs.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

>I had an annoying problem with the no eye candy models not>working and I figured out the third line in the model.cfg was>wrong>>interior=Citation_interior_nocandy>changed to>interior=Citation_nocandy_interior>>Simple but stupid mistake when you're paying a pretty penny.>Oh thanks... ! I was already in doubt.

Guest nigel28

Sooooo you guys are telling us that the framerates in this complex addon are the same as the default aircraft?? how is that possible!? you would think with more switches, panels, functioning systems, etc...that the FPS hit would be huge. I too have the beechjet for FSX and where I can get 28-30 fps in the lear or crj, I get about 20-22 in the beechjet. If the FPS claims are true, this "X" will be mine tonight!!

>I like this add on a lot. As others have said, some of the>modeling could be better, in the windshield and nose mainly.>Would have been nice to have 3d cup holders too. The textures>should be made a little more accurate. With that said, the fmc>is well done with an up to date dps/stars database and the>frame rates are very good given the complexity. For me, the>aircraft does not perform quite as well as the learjet but>it's definitely impressive for such a complex add on. It has>similar systems to the embraer legacy but gets 5-8 fps higher>on average. Plus you have the aircraft configurator to program>gauge features among other things and "no eye candy" models>e.g. no stewardess, parking scenery to further improve frame>rates. Honestly you can't tell the difference when flying. OH>AND THE LANDING LIGHTS WORK! >>I had an annoying problem with the no eye candy models not>working and I figured out the third line in the model.cfg was>wrong>>interior=Citation_interior_nocandy>changed to>interior=Citation_nocandy_interior>>Simple but stupid mistake when you're paying a pretty penny.>>Besides impatience, performance is a critical reason why I>chose to go with feelthere rather than wait it out for>eaglesoft's rendition. The beechjet runs pretty choppy for me>in fsx and it really shouldn't because it is not as complex as>this add on, not much more so than the default aircraft.>Hopefully sp1 will help things because it's a cool looking>plane. I feel exactly the same about this purchase. Thanks for the tips.

Guest nigel28

so before I dip and make the purchase, how do the FR's compare to that of the default 737-800 or the CRJ which in my mind are the most complex default aircraft.I guess the main question here is, can I keep most of the functionality of the systems (apu, pneumatics, FMS,etc..) and sacrifice the eye candy and get the same or better frames as the default 737 or crj on my rig?? The reason for the comparison is I am very happy with the frames that I get from the default 737 and CRJ but they lack the complexity that I long for.

Besides the NO CANDY, what are the other FPS tweaks?Have just bought it, the FPS are SURPRISINGLY smooth compared to what I thought they would be, around 16 FPS on final 500f and below in EGLC. Much better than FeelThere ERJ-145 (poor), but still considerably less than default Learjet45 on my system.What are the other FPS tweaks for this aircraft please?What is the best acceptable quality/fps setting in the Graphics tab? The box Line Antialiasing is ticked, the text rendering is Antialiasing by default. Blend color is also ticked. Which one is more saving and visible yet? I still wish I could tweak it on a par with Learjet's FPS. Any suggestions, please?How do you accelerate/decelerate past 40knots on the runway with "Limit nosewhell steering above 40 kts" ticked for realism? I end up in the fence mostly with my fine tuned CHPedals.Sorry, for the questions, before I dive in the manuals, I want to spin a few circles above London.Good job, FeelThere! (Don't forget we are talking about the performance in FSX).

Guest nigel28

Dirk what are your system specs?? 16fps at EGLC is quite good. I too have the ERJ and I found the FR's to be extremely poor. As for the antialiasing, any of it will take a hit on FPS. I dont own the product yet so I cannot comment but, others have said that you can limit instrument functionality in order to save frames. That was what I was concerned with more than anything.

>Dirk what are your system specs?? 16fps at EGLC is quite>good. I too have the ERJ and I found the FR's to be extremely>poor. As for the antialiasing, any of it will take a hit on>FPS. I dont own the product yet so I cannot comment but,>others have said that you can limit instrument functionality>in order to save frames. That was what I was concerned with>more than anything.>>Thanks, I still wonder what can be tweaked else. Anyone?I run at Senery very dense, Autogen Dense (with the tweak available on the bodards), 1152x864x32, Airline 50%, Filtering Trilinear, Aniso 4, AA x4. 7900GTX, C2Extreme 6800, 2GB.

Guest nigel28

wow you really crank up the settings. I know I have a pretty fast rig but I prefer FPS over eye candy so I keep my AA off, my traffic at about 30 pecent (using mytraffic2005), and autogen most undoubtedly off!! Scenery complexity is set to very dense though because I like my airports nice and beffy and airport traffic density is set to medium.

See, Nigel, I've got steady 24 fps with these settings in the default jets (+ISG1 Ernie's gauges), something you wouldn't resist at this FPS level, would you? I'm happy, and I'm sure I'll have the same performance in Wilco's CX when SP1 comes out. I guess I'll try to cut back on the building/trees count, or move down 1 notch autogen and/or scenery to get FPS steady just above 20 (anything steady above I'm happy). Looks like FT have finally learnt their way to make FPS friendly VC and gauges, good job, I'm surprised. All of their previous jets have been very heavy on the frames in VC.

Guest nigel28

well I keep my FPS locked at 28 but if I unlock it and I am not at a highly detailed airprot or city, I can easily hit a steady 40 FPS on the default A/C. Keep in mind this is not at a high detailed airport. At KSEA, KATL, etc...I keep a steady 25 or so in the defaults.

I like busy airports with my GFX settings and the traffic at 50%, KSEA, EGLL, EHAM, EDDF, thus my frames are locked at 25.

Guest nigel28

haha your a braver man than I!! I like small regional airports like KCLT, KEYW, KFLL, etc...so how much better are the frames with the "X" than the ERJ from FeelThere?? The reason I ask is because in the same situation I get with default aircraft locked at 30, the ERJ was giving me 23-24 with all systems up and running. Should I expect the "X" to run much better than the ERJ?

>Should I expect the "X" to run much better than the ERJ?>Absolutely, strong buy. About 30% over ERJ with my GFX settings. And the gauges look fantastic.