Sign in to follow this  
spilok

EA on or off in 5.3?

What is your decision on using EA in 5.3?  Are you using it or not?  I generally did not use it in 5.2 and I find that NOT using it in 5.3 that my water and sky look excessively blue and unrealistic.  I've reinstalled the scenery module and I've reinstalled the Libraries in ORBX.  I've tried everything to make the scenery looked better in 5.3 without using EA. I've also changed graphic drivers and deleted my config. I've played with all my settings in P3d and still the overall look of P3d without EA is very unreal.  However, I find that when I use EA, everything looks so much better.  However, I still dislike the excessive haze that seems to be prevalent when I use EA.  Are any of you finding the same thing in this new version?  ALSO, the repetitive clouds formations do not seem to be present in EA as they were in previous versions.

Stan

Edited by spilok
  • Like 2

EA on for me , I think 5.3 looks amazing . MSFS is still my #1 Sim , but 5.3 is a close second .

• Like 1

Agree with Johnbow72...

Like you I did not use it in 5.2 but 5.3 it now looks very good.

Edited by davenicoll
  • Like 1

I'm using EA on, but vol clouds off as to have my weather more closely match real world weather since flying on vatsim

• Like 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

With EA on the athmosphere looks much more realistic in case of colour, haze and light. The option to use the legacy clouds model in conjunction with weather controllers like ASP3D + ENVSHADE give a very realistic appearance like i exspect compared to my realworld flights. 

BUT LM has desintegrated the TrueSky starfield simulation for the night sky which was way more realistic as the old FS 4.0 white dots starfield before. Now you have the old legacy one back with EA enabled. Only the devil knows why LM does such decisions🤮

• Like 1

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

EA is looking very good, and with the new PBR texturing in 5.3 I've found even flying over default buildings/ urban areas aesthetically pleasing - which is a first for me considering default cities were always a bit of an eyesore for me

Flew into LAX today and was seriously impressed by the visuals. Shame about the CTD when lining up on approach...

• Like 1

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Chuck Dreier said:

With EA on do you, or do you not, use REX’s Sky Force?  

Chuck, me myself using AktiveSky, but i gues the answer should be YES! But put the slider of volumetric clouds to the far left i recommend, which turns off those and enables the legacy clouds model. Then enjoy the realistic weather appearence and building weather while you advance your flight leg.

• Upvote 2

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

4 minutes ago, Chuck Dreier said:

With EA on do you, or do you not, use REX’s Sky Force?  

I use Sky Force for clouds (I turn volumetric clouds off) & let EA do the rest, works the best visually for me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

Glad to hear that most simmers are using EA.  It IS so much better than in 5.2.  Thanks for your responses. Just imagine how much BETTER it is going to become.

Stan

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Chuck Dreier said:

And would you use ASP3D as the weather engine?

I use REX for the clouds and ASP3D for the WX engine .

• Upvote 1

EA set to ON

Volumetric Clouds to OFF

Dynamic Lighting to OFF

ENVTEX/ENVSHADE with ASCA integration for sky and clouds

ASP3D or FSGRW for weather 

Haven't had much luck getting Sky Force 3D to work well

EA On , but alternating between Volumetric = High and Volumetric = NADA + ASCA.

I still tend to prefer ASCA, and EA on gives me the other nice atmosphere colours / shaders / effects...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Help , my head is spinning now.

I've just set up my new PC and am setting up my sims.

I own all of the above mentioned products, Envtex, envshade, active sky, ASCA, and the REX products, not sure what to install.

Whats the majority consensus EA on Envtex/Envshade and ASCA ?

Edited to add I fly exclusively in VR so want to avoid those pesky spinning clouds.

Many thanks! 

Edited by jon b
  • Upvote 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1.