Sign in to follow this  
Boeingnut

Horrible FPS

I have also been troubled by stutters and pauses on v5.3, especially during cruise.

I enabled HT and deleted the whole Jobscheduler section of Prepar3d.cfg, and suddenly all stutters and pauses were gone.

I notice that P3D has not rebuilt the Jobscheduler section of Prepar3d.cfg. The whole section is now missing from the file - but the stutters and pauses are gone. Performance is now better than v5.2. I'm on a i9-11900k with 3080TI. 

Just had another one of the “stutter sessions”. Pretty much the same thing, 1.5 hours into the flight. One denominator so far with all those flights is that it’s a PMDG aircraft, 747 or the 777 that I’m having the issues with. Haven’t had it yet with the FSLabs.

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Is using the PMDG on the second flight relevant to bug duplication?

Default P3D airports or 3rd party?  If 3rd party which ones?

Cheers, Rob.

Rob,

Not relevant, only to eliminate the aircraft as a culprit. 

In my case Aerosoft EDDF and LSZH (I disabled the sloped AFCAD data to prevent the current v5.3 bug which causes the sim to temporarily freeze when approaching Frankfurt (or any sloped data airport). 

You can get the AFCAD here https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/168661-eddf-p3dv53-problem/

I was able to replicate the FPS drop/freeze using default sceneries as at those same locations as well. I know it’s not airport related as I encountered this bug for the first time in v5.3 cruising at FL360 westbound over New England.

31 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Do you have any other airports where this happens ... Aerosoft EDDF and LSZH both trigger my Anti-Virus software (MalWare Bytes, Norton, and Windows Defender):

spacer.png

Cheers, Rob.

How about fly Tampa EHAM v2 to someplace else within 30-45 minutes flying time. London or Brussels area?

Anyplace that will allow you to fly four separate sessions (two round trips) with relative ease. 

P.S. I made the jump to v5.3 HF1 hoping that one of the other bug fixes resolved the issue we are discussing here. 

Two hours into a 5.5 hour session from ELLX (Luxembourg) to OTHH (Doha). Performance is excellent as expected, and no sign yet if the sudden FPS drop/freeze. 

I’ll need to perform at least three more sessions to confirm if it is fixed. 

Edited by PinkPony
  • Like 1

No horrible FPS output with HF1, with the sim pretty much now flat out, and traffic (roads) at 25 percent.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Ok, I'll wait for your testing to complete and take it from there.  I have tested with EHAM V2 + TE Netherlands but not 4 flights.  Your other thread seemed to indicate it was an AFCAD issue ... not sure of the sloped runway connection, I don't think any of the airports you listed have implemented sloped runways?

Cheers, Rob.

Sounds good, I appreciate you taking the time to test this Rob!

I will also report back my findings after a few more sessions. 

The sloped airport bug, introduced in v5.3 would occur anytime a AFCAD had “sloped airport” enabled in its .bgl

Aerosoft EDDF has sloped taxiways leading to 07L/25R, and this new AFCAD option “sloped airport” in the AFCAD is how LM was able to sort the issue of AI traffic previously not wanting to cross sloped taxiways. With the release of v5.3 this simple AFCAD option suddenly caused the sim to freeze for up to 1 minute anytime the AFCAD .bgl was loaded.

This has been fixed in v5.3 HF1 per the LM change log. 

• Improved sloped airport performance.

I will test it after I land in Doha (to test this you need to start somewhere at least 20 miles away from Aerosoft EDDF) the freeze occurs as the AFCAD is loaded into scenery at ~15NM. 

While a separate bug from what we are discussing here, my point was only that if a simple AFCAD option could cause the entire sim to suddenly freeze in v5.3 for up to a minute (every single time the AFCAD is loaded), then I wouldn’t be surprised if there were other bugs in the v5.3 client causing the sudden FPS drop/freeze. 

I am hopeful that this FPS drop/freeze is now also fixed in v5.3 HF1. Possibly as a consequence of LM fixing something else. 

Edited by PinkPony
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

No horrible FPS output with HF1, with the sim pretty much now flat out, and traffic (roads) at 25 percent.

I'm interested to know your settings, system and do you use AIG AIM and if so what are you setting your slider at? I am not even close to flat out with non stop issues on approach each and every time and I have a pretty strong system.

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

I installed the latest hot fi that was supposed to correct these stutters... So far I'm flying RPLL to VHHH and the second I left land (SANRO waypoint) the fluctuations started again... from .5 FPS to 37 to FPS to 3.3 to 44.... UGH!!!! 

(Please excuse the frustration)

PMDG 747 8

Active Sky Beta/ASCA

Edited by SKEWR

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

27 minutes ago, SKEWR said:

I installed the latest hot fi that was supposed to correct these stutters... So far I'm flying RPLL to VHHH and the second I left land (SANRO waypoint) the fluctuations started again... from .5 FPS to 37 to FPS to 3.3 to 44.... UGH!!!! 

(Please excuse the frustration)

PMDG 747 8

Active Sky Beta/ASCA

What are your CPU settings, your AM, what 3rd party apps are you runnings and are you using process lassoo to determine which cores they run on?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

CPU settings: HT ON

AM as I got from Steve W (Core 0 is never maxed with these settings)

MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=1
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=2
AffinityMask=64853

3rd Party Apps Manage by Process Lasso so that they all run on cores 6-15 (ALL of the apps listed below do not average over .30 CPU average)

Active Sky Beta, ASCA, TrackIR, AIG Traffic Controller, AI Companion, LINDA, Navigraph charts 

I removed the Client, Content and Scenery as part of upgrading to P3D 21831

Everything is good from load to some point in flight then it falls apart. What then happens is out of nowhere, everything goes back to normal.

Edited by SKEWR

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

tonight I had the spike issue again.  Exactly like the first time it happened to me.  Almost immediately the sim starts getting choppy and basically unusable.  Tonight was a different aircraft (PMDG 744) and different airport (FB KDEN).  Happened during my taxi out phase to the runway for takeoff.  Same point of flight the last incident happened.  I tried turning off EA to EA off.  But that didn't resolve my issue.  I now have turned off HAGS.  But didn't reboot yet to officially test.  Just restarted p3d and am now in air KDEN-KMSP.  Smooth flight now.  Not sure what's up.  I'm about to do a rebuild so probably not going to do anything.  However if I wasn't going to be doing a build so soon I would roll back to the Dec 1 release of p3d 5.3.  Pre hotfix.  I never saw this issue until the HF.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 minute ago, micstatic said:

tonight I had the spike issue again.  Exactly like the first time it happened to me.  Almost immediately the sim starts getting choppy and basically unusable.  Tonight was a different aircraft (PMDG 744) and different airport (FB KDEN).  Happened during my taxi out phase to the runway for takeoff.  Same point of flight the last incident happened.  I tried turning off EA to EA off.  But that didn't resolve my issue.  I now have turned off HAGS.  But didn't reboot yet to officially test.  Just restarted p3d and am now in air KDEN-KMSP.  Smooth flight now.  Not sure what's up.  I'm about to do a rebuild so probably not going to do anything.  However if I wasn't going to be doing a build so soon I would roll back to the Dec 1 release of p3d 5.3.  Pre hotfix.  I never saw this issue until the HF.  

I managed to get myself back to 4.5HF3 for now...  I'm going to try again with 5.3 from scratch but it sounds like despite my self induced issues I am far from the only one with issues.  I may have brought mine on myself but my result was the same as everyone else above reporting issues.   My concern is I go through the entire process and end up with the same results as everyone above and on the LM forums with these issues.  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

From my testing, I am seeing these stutters and freezing issues with EA on. I am on my 5th flight now today with EA off and so far no stutters or freezing or frame fluctuations. If you want to try, you have to restart P3D with EA off. Others in the P3D forum are starting to come to the same conclusion. Looking like EA in 5.3HF1 is no good. 

Before I could only maybe get 1 flight in before the Sim suddenly started massive stuttering and single digit frames without any warning with EA on (also had volumetric clouds off). 

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

@Rob_Ainscough I am running with HiFi ASP3D with EA on BUT, with volumetric clouds off so all EA options are off and on the same PC. My AM on my 9900 is at 255 with HT off so it is using all cores. Further, during these issues with EA on, with HWMonitor up, I am seeing all cores running around 50 to 70% and my 3090 running around 30 to 40%. This is not a hardware issue, this issue is a software issue and I am fairly certain it is with LM. I just did 5 flights with EA off over 12 hours with the FSL bus, all programs and settings same as before save for EA being off and not one issue at all. 

Eric 

26 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

What EA specific settings do you have enabled/disabled in HiFi ASP3D when you have EF off in P3D?  A bit confused by your statements? 

What are your full set of JobScheduler settings? 

Have you done a long flights with ASP3D disabled with EA On in P3D with and without volumetric clouds?

Have you tried using FSGRW for weather?

I'm not assuming anything hardware or HiFi, the task is to isolate and replicate and avoid assumptions.  Check of each test one by one ... either way, LM will need to be able to replicate in order to fix.  EA on is working correctly for many users (myself included), not everyone is experience this problem and I know it's frustrating those with this problem.  But if this is an LM issue, they'll need to be able to replicate regardless.  If this is an EA on issue, then LM and others should be able to replicate by doing long flights in a default aircraft with EA on and weather ... I've done that without replicating the problem.  So there is some other variable that's triggering this in combination with EA on hence my question is everyone with this problem using ASP3D?

Cheers, Rob.

Morning Rob. I have seen this 1 time at mine end before X Mas and thought something went wrong JUST and only ag my end.

EA On

Default P3D CFG

ASP3D 

VR was used. Turning it of did not help

Volumetric Clouds One

Rebuilding shaders in flight had no influence (while happening)

Changing menu settings (ea off) had no influence (while happening)

During stutters and freezes my VR Graph showed long long pauses and low frametimes too

As soon as I read the comments at P3d forum I started to recognize the behaviors 

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png